• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More and more Espanyol's season seems to be mirroring that of Southend's.If Espanyol had won yesterday(they lost 1-2 at home to Malaga),they would have been 1 point off a Champions League spot.Handing all 3 points to one of their main rivals means they're now a massive 7 points off a Champions league place and 3 points of a EUFA berth.It's not looking good.:sad:
Three times this season Espanyol have had the chance to claim a Champions League spot, but on each occasion they've lost at home, to Zaragossa,Levante and now Malaga.:'(

Did I mention that Espanyol beat Bilbo 2-1 at home before Xmas?Good game too. :winking:

And we've done the double over Athletic Club this season. Musho Beti!

Good win at home to Villarreal *probably* secures our top flight status for another year, but if any team is liable to late season collapse it's Betis. Oh, and Southend :'(

Great 4-0 home win for Espanyol against third placed Valencia yesterday.Looks like Espanyol might have left their push for a European place a bit too late though.:sad:
Here's hoping Chelski can get a result against Bar$a on Wednesday.

"You can't win them all but you can sure lose them all."

BFC 2-2 Chelski .:hilarious::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Last edited:
Pep's going at the end of the season.Great manager.Early betting on a replacement is for Beilsa or Valverde.

Looks like Tito Vilanova is going to get the gig...

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/guardiola-va-barca-le-sustituira/20120427dasdasftb_26/Tes

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120427/fc-barcelona/pep-guardiola-se-va-del-barca_54285555546.html

Someone on 5Live this morning described Guardiola as 'by far the best coach Barcelona have ever had. I think Johann Cruyff would have something to say about that.

Looks like Tito Vilanova is going to get the gig...

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/guardiola-va-barca-le-sustituira/20120427dasdasftb_26/Tes

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120427/fc-barcelona/pep-guardiola-se-va-del-barca_54285555546.html

Someone on 5Live this morning described Guardiola as 'by far the best coach Barcelona have ever had. I think Johann Cruyff would have something to say about that.

Luis Enrique would be the popular choice amongst "cules."Much as I liked Crufff's "Dream team," Guardiola achieved a lot more in less time and in some style too.

Much as I liked Crufff's "Dream team," Guardiola achieved a lot more in less time and in some style too.

Not suggesting that Guardiola doesn't deserve the accolade of being Barcelona's greatest ever coach, but to say 'by far' is not fair on Cruyff. Quick comparison:

Cruyff - One European Cup, four leagues, one Copa del Rey, one CWC (eight seasons)
Guardiola - Two European Cups, three leagues, one Copa del Rey (four seasons)

I've deliberately left out Supercups etc as, let's face it, they're not proper tournaments. Guardiola clearly edges it, but not 'by far'.

Will be interesting to see where he re-emerges once those batteries are re-charged.

Real Betis have just mugged Atletico Madrid. Simeone's face was a picture until Falcao equalised at the death. Great last 10 minutes!

Real Betis have just mugged Atletico Madrid. Simeone's face was a picture until Falcao equalised at the death. Great last 10 minutes!

I'd have actually felt a touch embarrassed had Betis taken all three points there! Still, we're mathematically safe now, hopefully we can build on these foundations and put an end to the yo-yo years.

Not suggesting that Guardiola doesn't deserve the accolade of being Barcelona's greatest ever coach, but to say 'by far' is not fair on Cruyff. Quick comparison:

Cruyff - One European Cup, four leagues, one Copa del Rey, one CWC (eight seasons)
Guardiola - Two European Cups, three leagues, one Copa del Rey (four seasons)

I've deliberately left out Supercups etc as, let's face it, they're not proper tournaments. Guardiola clearly edges it, but not 'by far'.

Will be interesting to see where he re-emerges once those batteries are re-charged.

Don't forget Pep's got a good chance of adding another Copa del Rey to that list when Barça play Mallorca in May(his last game in charge).

Back