• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we take 500+ that will be decent support for FA Cup 1st round. Can't imagine Millwall will get much more than 5,000 home fans. Could all depend on price though, if it's really cheap that might boost the crowd a bit.

Millwall and Charlton both, in theory, at home on the Saturday. We're both playing on the Tuesday, so one will probably be moved to the Friday.

Am sure Steve Kavanagh is pleased with the draw!

West Ham at home too on the Saturday so I would have thought it's highly unlikely it will be played that day.

We really get some crap draws in the FA cup,not putting down Millwall ,who really are one of the bigger clubs when it comes to FA cup 1st round,but it really gets a person more interested and excited when you draw a non league club in the 1st round ,whether its home or away.:thumbdown:

Could be worse... Imagine if we had to travel away to Stevenage on a cold Tuesday night! ��

Obviously wanted a non-league team, but got to be pretty happy about that draw.

Not too far to travel, a team we've got the beating of (pretty sure rigsby assured us beating them wasn't a fluke) and one of the best away days.

Bermondsey beer mile here we come.

I think all our recent FA Cup runs have involved beating Millwall - Stan knocked them out in 92/93 en route to Hillsborough and Corr in 2013/14 before we got knocked out by Hull. In fact are they the last side we beat in the competition?

ps Millwall have played at home same day as W*** H** have played at homethe publicly funded Olympic stadium already this season.

Obviously wanted a non-league team, but got to be pretty happy about that draw.

Not too far to travel, a team we've got the beating of (pretty sure rigsby assured us beating them wasn't a fluke) and one of the best away days.

Bermondsey beer mile here we come.

I think all our recent FA Cup runs have involved beating Millwall - Stan knocked them out in 92/93 en route to Hillsborough and Corr in 2013/14 before we got knocked out by Hull. In fact are they the last side we beat in the competition?

ps Millwall have played at home same day as W*** H** have played at homethe publicly funded Olympic stadium already this season.
Yes they are, defeats to Hull, Chester and Scunthorpe in our last three.

wished they would decide on the day and release the tickets - as its Millwall I suspect no tickets on the day so sooner the better to get the process underway
There were tickets on the day at Millwall last season in the league. I doubt they will make a match all ticket where the crowd is probably going to be no more than 6,000 and we are only going to take maybe 600?

Actually the way things are going for Millwall it could be less than 5,000 crowd.

i live in Lewisham so this is a great draw for me. my mrs and a mate who lives near me came to the home league win so i've told them they're coming to this one too

Millwall state the match is on Saturday 3-00 kick off.
Only thing is West Ham are at home at this time and so are Charlton? not sure if the Police may have other ideas on this and who would be moved if they deem the cover for the games is too thin? Mind you what do I know?
:winking:

I'd be disappointed if we only took 600. I think we should be able to muster at least a 1,000. It is a straight forward journey. I'm going by train via London Bridge via Lovely Jubbly Line changing at West Ham from C2C. There is a protected walkway from the station straight into the away end. (Known locally as Cowards Way!).
Come on everyone lets go mob handed and sing our team onto victory.

3 games announced for the live TV coverage, all non league sides at home to League 1 teams.
looks like 3pm Saturday, unless it is moved on Police advice.

Ticks all the boxes :-

1) Non league at home
2) League oppo
3) Local derby
4) ... errr, magic of the cup
5) ... small boys in the park
6) ... fans in the trees
7) ... football, Isn't it
8) ... marvellous

Ticks all the boxes :-

1) Non league at home
2) League oppo
3) Local derby
4) ... errr, magic of the cup
5) ... small boys in the park
6) ... fans in the trees
7) ... football, Isn't it
8) ... marvellous

And 'jumpers for goalposts!' :smile:

I'd be disappointed if we only took 600. I think we should be able to muster at least a 1,000. It is a straight forward journey. I'm going by train via London Bridge via Lovely Jubbly Line changing at West Ham from C2C. There is a protected walkway from the station straight into the away end. (Known locally as Cowards Way!).
Come on everyone lets go mob handed and sing our team onto victory.

Looking at train times I see that RMT have industrial action planned for that weekend on Southern (between London Bridge and South Bermondsey) ... "services may be altered or cancelled." :sad:

Back