• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Long way to go to lose !
Let's be honest Phil brown cup record is very very poor

Brown says the next 2 games will define our season.If we are still struggling and we loose to Yeovil it could be taxi for Brown time

Northampton V Scunthorpe is probably the worst draw of the lot, & from what I can see is the only tie to contain 2 teams from the same professional divisions out of the 40 made tonight.

As for us away at Yeovil, the only positive I can currently take out of this, is that our pitch will get 2 and a half weeks rest before we get the opportunity to kick the **** out of col ewe on it.

Ga me we should win:happy:

HA! It's nice to be young, isn't it? That means you're not still haunted by nightmares 1958 and 1964! Went to the first home tie and then stood outside the offices of the Southend Standard in Clifftown Road for news (they posted hand written sheets, giving news of the game, selotaped on their large front window) of the replay in '58 and the away tie in '64......................neither ended well.:cry: At that time Yeovil were a non-league side with history of giant killing on their awful sloping pitch...................and they did for us..............TWICE.

Surely, Concord Rangers v Bury! :thumbsup:

You can just hear Pancake and his Bury mates now..............'Where's Canvey Island? really? Aw FFS, It sounds as if we will have trouble filling the Shaker Zone mini bus for that one'.

HA! It's nice to be young, isn't it? That means you're not still haunted by nightmares 1958 and 1964! Went to the first home tie and then stood outside the offices of the Southend Standard in Clifftown Road for news (they posted hand written sheets, giving news of the game, selotaped on their large front window) of the replay in '58 and the away tie in '64......................neither ended well.:cry: At that time Yeovil were a non-league side with history of giant killing on their awful sloping pitch...................and they did for us..............TWICE.
Yeah but we got revenge in 1982.

Northampton V Scunthorpe is probably the worst draw of the lot, & from what I can see is the only tie to contain 2 teams from the same professional divisions out of the 40 made tonight.

As for us away at Yeovil, the only positive I can currently take out of this, is that our pitch will get 2 and a half weeks rest before we get the opportunity to kick the **** out of col ewe on it.

Re: Northampton v Scunthorpe - good spot. In fact the only other tie where two sides play in the same division is a semi-pro one, and even then Billericay have to win their replay tomorrow, before a game at Leatherhead.

3 and a half to 4 hours. Looking at moving to Sunny Somerset and it's normally about 3 and a bit and Yeovil is a bit further than we normally go.

Bad memories of Yeovil.
Dad and yours truly must have been the only Blues when beaten 1-0 at the Old Huish, slope and all, Nov 16 1963 - not 1964 as some have said.
I scattered his ashes after the 3-0 win over Yeovil in 1982, and in one of those moments of dark humour, my shoe came off in the glutinous Hall mud as I waded out in the middle.
Had to hop on one leg holding the urn while trying to put the shoe back on. My sister was howling with laughter.
The Southend sec at the time, Keith Holmes (I think) shouted from the dark on the sidelines: 'Are you OK out there?'

Even though its just up the road for me its a truly unexciting draw, crap uncovered away end, can't a get a beer in the ground either.... Probably only be 1500 there as they are struggling and their gates are shocking.

To those driving down, 3 Hours to Yeovil on a good run.

To be fair, not everyone (other than rats) lives in Roots Hall.

For example, I'm sure it would take Suffolk Shrimper or MK Shrimper to name but a few a fair bit of journey to get there.

Back