• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings F C Halifax Town 3-1 Southend United

Blimey this bloke called Brown is worse than MM, at least he built a team who knew how to defend. I thought we had signed Phil Brown not this imposter.

Phil Brown going full out slagging off the players about effort and saying he needs to ship some of the 14 who played out. Those that went who would you predict he means? I’m guessing Ferguson based on previous criticism and being subbed but which others? Surely he signed nearly all of them so has to carry the responsibility for his recruitment.

Thank God we've got Aldershot on Tuesday night, so the moaning 'may not' go on all week. There again, it could reach a crescendo by ten o'clock Tuesday evening.? From the sound of it, today was just not good enough. However, will giving the team another boll...ing go anyway near to solving the problems??? Brown, sort it out.............if you can. Life in India may have been quite cool in comparison to the heat Brown could soon feel from the fans.
the worst thing now is that we have got Aldershot, if we grind out a win, it will be back to thinking we are Good, we are not good, we are dog ****, and the usual clowns spent pre season chastising anyone who dared say we were **** > well its, here and now, and we are absolutely ****, and if we do beat Aldershot it does nothing but paper over the cracks. RON MARTIN IS THE CANCER THAT HAS SUCKED THE SOLE OUT OF THIS CLUB FOREVER

Brown desperately needs to understand that his formations do not work and get his head out of his own ****. Listen to the fans brown because we can all see a mile off that it’s not working. 442 is needed, get rid of all these edgy formations thinking you can play that style of football in this league with these players
Maybe a coach would help? But what do I know?? where Boy Wonder 2 to humour me and tell me its all ok

Well that was absolute pants of a performance. Did not seem to bad in the first half, but then went down hill from there on.
The players fitness levels looked very poor and they did not seem to be playing for each other, to many individuals on the pitch.
Could hear Brown quite clearly barking his orders from the stand and getting very aminated, also thought Brown done well at the end of the game to come over to the fans knowing what abuse he was going to get.
Both barrels.
But on a positive note, it was quite a nice ground.

But Brown is keen for some of his current squad to leave.

“I don’t like saying it about individuals and I won’t say who to you guys but there are one or two in there that I need to get rid of,” said Brown.

“I’ve said it to them too.”

Well let's hope that this is only the two we already know of because if he is picking players that he has told that he wants to get rid of then no surprise at the results.

I am assuming that this comment may be aimed at players in addition to ANG and SA as why mention it at all as they are nothing to do with the first team squad and it is the first team squad that are responsible for the match day performances :0(

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown was left questioning the character of his side following this afternoon’s 3-1 defeat at Halifax Town.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Some pretty fierce words in there with a typically PB throwing of the team under the bus.

Brown is keen for some of his current squad to leave.

“I don’t like saying it about individuals and I won’t say who to you guys but there are one or two in there that I need to get rid of,” said Brown.

“I’ve said it to them too.”
Not sure how it works to be getting rid of contracted players. And while we’re in desperate need of some strong words and introspection, the idea that he’s already told players that he doesn’t want them here is not how you get them to play for you or the club.

I can only see that he’s referring to Ferguson who often seems to be his personal whipping target from the touchline at least. Can’t be Akinola as he’s not even featured.

I’m genuinely concerned now and this post match interview has made me feel worse about it.

“They’re letting down the support, they’re letting down themselves, their families, me and the chairman, everyone connected with the club.
…and this is so bad it’s almost a comedy cliche. Ffs.

Last edited:
if seadon is all we have as a back up keeper id start worrying now .He was not good enought to cover for the poor keeper we had last season .And he has not improved .Aweak defence and a weak res keeper spells big trouble ahead .

Some pretty fierce words in there with a typically PB throwing of the team under the bus.

Not sure how it works to be getting rid of contracted players. And while we’re in desperate need of some strong words and introspection, the idea that he’s already told players that he doesn’t want them here is not how you get them to play for you or the club.

I can only see that he’s referring to Ferguson who often seems to be his personal whipping target from the touchline at least. Can’t be Akinola as he’s not even featured.

I’m genuinely concerned now and this post match interview has made me feel worse about it.

…and this is so bad it’s almost a comedy cliche. Ffs.
8 of the team out there he either re-signed or signed. He can only mean Ferguson, not a clue who else he means. Seaden , Egbri?

Back