• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2014

I see Maldonado managed a 1.24.8 in the Barcelona test - which compares favourably to Hamiltons pole time of 1.25.232 at the weekend.

I see Maldonado managed a 1.24.8 in the Barcelona test - which compares favourably to Hamiltons pole time of 1.25.232 at the weekend.

Wasn't it on super softs? Chilton was fastest on day 1!

Hopefully lotus will improve. But with Maldonado behind the wheel that might not be likely!!

Wasn't it on super softs? Chilton was fastest on day 1!

Hopefully lotus will improve. But with Maldonado behind the wheel that might not be likely!!

Regardless of tyres, the impressive thing was he stayed on the track for a hole lap.

What a race! Why can't every track be as good as Canada?

indeed. the last ten laps were something else.

Vettel's onboard...

[video=youtube;XYdhE8VNvpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYdhE8VNvpI[/video]

Looks like he did well to avoid it. Massa was a whisker away.

Standing starts after safety car next year. Chaos.

From BBC "The FIA said the changes to the nose rules would "ensure improved safety and provide more aesthetically pleasing structures".

I was really looking forward to the new lower noses but they way they have done it looks horrible. BBC mention this new change but nothing else about it. Anyone seen anything?

I would also like to see a new front wing rule - Front wing and end plates must be made of 5 flat panels. I hate all these little fins and things.

How does introducing more standing starts (where most crashes occur) improve safety? I guess there haven't been major issues with injuries from the start (although Alonso/Grosjean was close) but it's where most crashes occur and will slow the race down with multiple restarts.

Also cars will be hot and will just overheat, causing more issues.

How does introducing more standing starts (where most crashes occur) improve safety? I guess there haven't been major issues with injuries from the start (although Alonso/Grosjean was close) but it's where most crashes occur and will slow the race down with multiple restarts.

Also cars will be hot and will just overheat, causing more issues.

Also wonder how many starts the clutches can manage.

It is a joke rule. They'll trundle behind the safety car for however many laps whilst the debris is cleared and then start from the grid.

Daniel Ricciardo said:
If it goes to a standing start, the chance of not having a great start is pretty high, so you could go from first to fourth. It’s just a bit too much of a disadvantage for someone who earned the lead in the first place.

Was another good race, right from the first corner. Thought that was Massa's fault.

yeah I thought Massa was a bit at fault really, I wasn't convinced that he was in the lead and you can't just expect to drive the racing line on the first corner.

Brilliant race today. Can't imagine that nico would have let Lewis past if the roles were reversed!

Back