• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News FA Cup 2022/23 - first opponent Woking (A)… yawn

Sorry but your answer is rude and unhelpful.

We could have got any selection of teams not in our division who we haven’t played before.

No need for your response to be honest.
Rude? oops... and the whole point its a lottery, not something to tick off your schoolboy book of grounds. that you've visited ..or not. Never mind... maybe next round if we get past Woking

I believe so, as Billericay are in a replay from the previous round. I think it goes to pens from the first round proper.

Standing by to be corrected.

just over £9.3k for the winner.
Stand by then.

Replays are mandatory in all rounds of the qualifying competition and the competition proper from the first round proper up to and including the fourth round proper.

Someone out there will know the answer.
Have we as a club ever failed to make the first round proper since joining Division Three South in 1920?

Someone out there will know the answer.
Have we as a club ever failed to make the first round proper since joining Division Three South in 1920?
Yes, in three successive seasons between 1922/23 and 1924/25. In those years there were six qualifying rounds and the First Round Proper was the equivalent to the Third Round Proper in the modern-day competition with only three rounds prior to the Quarter-Finals.

In 1922/23 we lost to Norwich City in a Fifth Round Qualifying replay, in 1923/24 we lost to Llanelly in Sixth Round Qualifying after defeating Clapton in Fifth Round Qualifying and in 1924/25 we lost to Reading in Fifth Round Qualifying.

Yes, in three successive seasons between 1922/23 and 1924/25. In those years there were six qualifying rounds and the First Round Proper was the equivalent to the Third Round Proper in the modern-day competition with only three rounds prior to the Quarter-Finals.

In 1922/23 we lost to Norwich City in a Fifth Round Qualifying replay, in 1923/24 we lost to Llanelly in Sixth Round Qualifying after defeating Clapton in Fifth Round Qualifying and in 1924/25 we lost to Reading in Fifth Round Qualifying.
Thanks.
But as you say, the structure was different.
If were to make the equivalent of the second round proper, using your guide, I would be delighted!

Regarding my post above about the referee for the Cup game, does Mick, our excellent referee maestro, know the answer as to who appoints for such early- round FA Cup matches?

Well last night will certainly add some spice to it.

The last time I went to woking was late 90s for an fa cup tie. Proper cup tie that one.

Hoping this will be no different.

Thanks Mick. Whatever the appointment, let's hope it is someone who will maintain appropriate control, appropriate being the operative word. We do not want a plethera of red cards to ruin the tie.

Back