• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA CUP DRAW

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 22 2005,18:37)]If the capacity is 7000 and I'm sure it is less, our allocation will be 1050. However on their website, it states that there are 1500 places available should the away demand be there! I'm starting to feel a little better about it but it's still a lottery.  
sad.gif

sad.gif
Terry you forgot to mention that 1000 of those seats are the south terrace. A temporary job like Gillingham Uncovered.
rock.gif

Could well be the live game. They always like to feature a top League 1 side against another League side so with a bit of luck it might just be the live again.
Ideally it would be on Sunday.

Think the weymouth v forest game would be on bbc1 but I think there is a possibility of our game being on sky. I hope it isnt though!

who remember the away game to Barnet when Alan Little was in charge.

we won 2-0, Lee Hodges with a brilliant goal.
'Anyway i didn't have a ticket but just turned up, they were doing tickets on the door still, the temporay stand was full so they shoved a load of us in a weird cell type thing at the end of a home stand (and locked it)

but still people kept coming in from Southend, most just stood round the edge watching, the crowd was only 3,500 and we must have had at least 2,500 there.

I seem to remember Shrimpers in the family stand bit as well.
Certainly the only game i've seen where away out numbered home.

I remember a cracking own goal by Heald i think it was, and then currethers??!! got sent off for congratulating him??

Haha!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ Oct. 22 2005,18:52)]Could well be the live game. They always like to feature a top League 1 side against another League side so with a bit of luck it might just be the live again.
Ideally it would be on Sunday.
As has been said someone will have 'fallen giants' Forest on the TV, i wouldn't mind betting Huddersfield v Welling makes the sky or BBC game.

Or even Col Ewe v Leamington (as i believe Leamington are the lowest placed team left)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ Oct. 22 2005,20:51)]Col Ewe v Leamington
Won't be this one. They usually go for teams of contrasting size, stature, support and grounds. Col Ewe is too similar to Leamington on these accounts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 22 2005,18:21)]What a crap draw. They have space for 500 away fans and we have 2600 season ticket holders. The tickets are going to be like gold dust!!!  
mad.gif

mad.gif
If it's any consolation I am in Germany that weekend so I won't be taking up my seaso allocation. Abd I've always liked my previous trips to Underhill.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 22 2005,19:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ Oct. 22 2005,20:51)]Col Ewe v Leamington
Won't be this one. They usually go for teams of contrasting size, stature, support and grounds. Col Ewe is too similar to Leamington on these accounts.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
- Quality!!!.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Oct. 22 2005,19:49)]I remember a cracking own goal by Heald i think it was, and then currethers??!! got sent off for congratulating him??

Haha!
Different match !

They were both sent off as he reacted badly to being congratulated !! Tinkler was also sent off.

The most memorable "departure" was Prudhoe who was subbed at half time after getting much abuse for yet another inept 45 mins.

Marlon King and Darren Currie were playing for them who have gone on to better things.

.... and Sam Stockley who has gone on to Col******r.

We had some really crap players then. In addition to Prudhoe, there was Connelly, Beard, Booty and Campbell.

BBC usually do small non-league teams against League One teams but SKY sometimes like to do one or two games featuring 2 good league teams. We're top of League One so theoretically we're the best team in the draw and SKY love us but Barnet are 21st in League Two so I doubt we'll be on TV. If it is I hope they don't put it on a Friday.

C*l U could be on, they're playing some tin pot non league team I've never heard of.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Oct. 22 2005,21:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Oct. 22 2005,20:53)]C*l U could be on, they're playing some tin pot non league team I've never heard of.
Surely that describes the team that Leamington are playing?
laugh.gif

Quite happy with the draw, never been to Barnet before. Just hope I can get a tricket for it. I guess there's always the home end if not, can't see Barnet selling it out.

last time i went to barnet i didn't get in - it was their do or die match to stay in the league v torquay and i fancied watching someone suffer which in the end was me after travelling 70 miles (& 70 back), missing five goals, two streakers and Barnet going down.

bit apprehensive about this one, ain't been lucky there yet in a few visits and the suffolk shrimper flag is due another run out (so far its seen three games and no wins).

but we should thrash them, they are a poor team in a poor ground with no support. we are a top team with great support and on the up.

Man Utd in the League Cup, then the mighty Southend in the FA Cup. Great times for Barnet
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 22 2005,20:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Oct. 22 2005,19:49)]I remember a cracking own goal by Heald i think it was, and then currethers??!! got sent off for congratulating him??

Haha!
Different match !

They were both sent off as he reacted badly to being congratulated !! Tinkler was also sent off.

The most memorable "departure" was Prudhoe who was subbed at half time after getting much abuse for yet another inept 45 mins.

Marlon King and Darren Currie were playing for them who have gone on to better things.

.... and Sam Stockley who has gone on to Col******r.

We had some really crap players then. In addition to Prudhoe, there was Connelly, Beard, Booty and Campbell.
ABsolutely correct. My old man went to the game Hodges scored in, I'm pretty sure fat boy houghton scored the other one. Either way he said it was a great game to go to, I missed it and was gutted!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Oct. 23 2005,00:28)] My old man went to the game Hodges scored in, I'm pretty sure fat boy houghton scored the other one.  Either way he said it was a great game to go to, I missed it and was gutted!!
Certianly was, one of the best away games i've ever been too.

Barnet just didn't stop anyone from buying tickets, i guess they needed the cash. As i said we must have had 2,500+ at that game and only 500 were meant to be there.

Hopefully they give us a good number of tickets this time, or we'll have to gate crash and all stand at the edge of the pitch again.

Back