• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA CUP

I've had very little time to watch this weekends football on the tele box.

I saw about 10 minutes of yesterday's match and there was 3 or 4 poor decisions and I thought 'Cor, no wonder they need VAR. They can't anything right.'

Today I was able to get the last minute of Coventry v Man United. Literally from the instant replay of the offside that was caulked off after VAR... I feel like I (we) can empathise so much because we had a Wembley moment not so long ago. Now imagine if that was taken away... Heartbroken for them.
Notts forest not happy with var

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240421_184747.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_184747.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 13
Back to the changes to replays:

From the Times today:

Mark Ives, the National League’s general manager, has written to his member clubs saying they should be aware of the conversations around scrapping replays and that “the impact of these changes will create revenue” and will be “a positive step” financially.

Tony Kleanthous, the chairman of National League side Barnet, said in a statement that the club “fully support” the FA’s decision because it gives them a better chance of winning against a higher-ranked side.
“We are told there is greater prize money on offer for winning in the early rounds, and this will help alleviate the ever increasing issue of fixture congestion,” Kleanthous said. “This remains to be seen but at least we will have an exciting climax to every match which will reinvigorate the competition.”

We have no chance with these two fools - The FA Cup should be all about glory. And as for Kleanthos - what about the exciting climax of hanging on for, or gaining a replay in the last minute?

Back