• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone else follow agent Jim on twitter? he posted that fagan is due to or has signed a one year deal with Southend

Anyone know if this is true or not?

his text:

"I'm hearing that former Hull forward Craig Fagan has been offered a 1 year deal at Southend United"

This is where I stopped reading....

this is true as it was my side that he played against it was a mens division 3 league decider game as soon as I pointed it out he was taken off changed n off he went beardless to say I would of hurt him if we didn't have the playoffs

Any chance of a translation? Sounds like Fagan has removed his beard for the new season after getting hurt. :sad:

Agent Jim seems to have been making stuff up. What a massive surprise.

Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982
Phil Brown also dismissed reports that Craig Fagan had been offered a year's contract with the club. But he's still on trial @SUFCRootsHall

Well PB according to the fans here , you should now offer him a 1 year deal with an option for a second if he plays well and keeps fit.Seems most have been very impressed with him,and he has shown to them his experience from playing in higher division

Not sure why he is still on trial, PB must know what he has to offer and what he has shown over the past few weeks, seems odd that he remains on trial and not signed up, unless Fagan himself is waiting to see if a better offer comes in.

Fagan for my money is too good for league 2 so please Phil sign him NOW!

Fagan for my money is too good for league 2 so please Phil sign him NOW!

His already played in league 2 for a mid table Bradford side only a few years ago and wasn't too good.

He did play well when he come on last night. I would be happy if we got him on the cheap.

Have you seen him yet?

How did he do yesterday?

Fagan looked very classy last night and has the knack of receiving the ball in space,IMO will tear the division a new one this coming season if he remains fit.

Fagan looked very classy last night and has the knack of receiving the ball in space,IMO will tear the division a new one this coming season if he remains fit.

Where abouts did he play?

EDIT : just saw Lomas' comment above on the wing.

He'll do alright, but he's not THAT good - as others have said, he's spent time in Leage Two and didnt 'tear it a new one'.

Dont get me wrong, I'd be really happy to sign him as he's a good pro - but dont want people to expect a world beater!!

The fact he has been on trial so long and still not signed wouldnt indicate that Brown has the same confidence either.

The fact he has been on trial so long and still not signed wouldnt indicate that Brown has the same confidence either.

Not really !

Fagan may be demanding more than Phil/Ron offered?
Fagan may be waiting for any other offer?

My only concern was he looked a tad heavy so IMO would be even quicker if he shed a bit of weight.

PB has already said he is in the best condition he has seen him. He looked fit hungry and intelligent on the ball last night and could be a real asset. He certainly looked more interested than Hurst or Barney.

I hope we offer him a deal as his movement is classy.

Not really !

Fagan may be demanding more than Phil/Ron offered?
Fagan may be waiting for any other offer?

My only concern was he looked a tad heavy so IMO would be even quicker if he shed a bit of weight.

Phil Brown confirmed yesterday no offer has been made.

Back