• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
What is so funny about this?

It is so obvious ******** and people are stupid enough to go with it and start discussing ifs and buts.

Corr always has a injury problem, play him in consecutive games and he has back problems, always has and always will:stunned:

Barry Corr has made 101 appearences for us since coming back from serious injury two years ago. The only absence of more than a game that I can remember in that time was from suspension.

Can we get over this myth that the guy is injury prone?

Barry Corr has made 101 appearences for us since coming back from serious injury two years ago. The only absence of more than a game that I can remember in that time was from suspension.

Can we get over this myth that the guy is injury prone?
ask him yourself then, everyone knows about his back and he has missed games for us because of his back injuries, that's why he will never leave for a good fee as to many teams know about his back, shame but that's football, now if he is available on a free then you will get ya burtons and other league clubs interested as he can get goals at this level and maybe league one but it's a risk for any club to pay a fee for him, honest:stunned:

It would be a good signing imho. Looked far too good for league two but what sort of shape is he in ?

Would be a very useful addition and would add fuel that some of the youngsters may go out on loan.

ask him yourself then, everyone knows about his back and he has missed games for us because of his back injuries, that's why he will never leave for a good fee as to many teams know about his back, shame but that's football, now if he is available on a free then you will get ya burtons and other league clubs interested as he can get goals at this level and maybe league one but it's a risk for any club to pay a fee for him, honest:stunned:

I bet I can find more occasions of him playing consecutive games than you can of matches he has missed with injury in the last two years.

I bet I can find more occasions of him playing consecutive games than you can of matches he has missed with injury in the last two years.
Won't mend poor Barry's back tho will it, I bet we hear about Barry's back again in the near future:winking:

For me, he was one of the stand-out players in pre-season, and would be a brilliant acquisition. Could well be that extra spark we need up front/going forward

Not sure I would want us to sign yet another winger/ come forward. Played as a striker by Peter Taylor and released by Gillingham as similar to Weston ( also released) as viewed as unlikely to perform consistently and score regularly. Record suggests considerable skill and experience in the past over a 12+ year career at a league standard and a former £1 million pound player. Regularly played on wing and right hand side. But averaging one goal in 7 to 8 games does not a striker make? Pay as you go and score contract?

Awaiting some official confirmation/twitter rumblings before celebrating. Would be a great signing though.

Not sure I would want us to sign yet another winger/ come forward. Played as a striker by Peter Taylor and released by Gillingham as similar to Weston ( also released) as viewed as unlikely to perform consistently and score regularly. Record suggests considerable skill and experience in the past over a 12+ year career at a league standard and a former £1 million pound player. Regularly played on wing and right hand side. But averaging one goal in 7 to 8 games does not a striker make? Pay as you go and score contract?

Playing Devils Advocate, If we somehow, magically, were able to sign Gareth Bale, would you still say, we've got too many wingers?

Now of course, im not saying Fagan is as good as Bale etc etc, but from what I saw of Fagan, he is a class above what we have at the moment, in that position/area. Pre-season he played very well against Higher tiered opposition & was a definite stand out.

Lets see who we've got;

Hurst - has been crap since Christmas. Totally off the boil & is a shadow of his former self atm. I'd love to see him rediscover his form, but that seems unlikely. Verdict: Fagan > Hurst, no question.

Weston - I've been impressed with him so far. Good outlet, good turn of pace, can cross the ball. His shooting is very 50/50, but I can overlook that & focus instead, on what he actually brings to the team, (which is a very valuable player IMO) Verdict: Hard to separate them, but Fagan might just have that little edge, due to prem experience.

Worrall - from the fleeting appearences I've seen him, he reminds me of Dave Martin a bit. Can be exceptional for 30 seconds & drift out of the game for the next 10mins. I've got hope for him though, as I do think he'll come good. Needs a string of starts. Odd cameos aren't the one. Verdict: Fagan is better right now...

Atkinson - Great engine, possibly one of the best i've seen at Roots Hall. I'm a fan, but I think he lacks that edge that would take him from a good player, to a brilliant player. I believe Fagan has that extra edge, that could win us a game, out of nothing. When we're 0-0 with 5 mins to go, you're not normally looking at Atkinson to deliver the goods. For that reason, Verdict: Fagan > Atkinson.

My overall verdict: if we could get him on sensible wages, & he stayed relatively fit, then he'd be an excellent addition to the current squad.

Would be very happy with this if true. Still a great player and would bring good experience to a young squad. Good to see him encouraging Jason Williams on Twitter and would be great for the younger players to learn from. He's got his coaching badges and seems to have a good footballing brain so may end up being a longer term signing if Brown wants to ease him into a coaching role when he hangs up his boots, similar to Coughlan.

Hopefully there's an official announcement sometime soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back