• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Failed attempt on Andy Burgess

Lucas D

First XI
Apparently we attempted to bid for Andy Burgess of Rushden for £25k.......he is now going to Oxford for £50k.

Can't recall seeing Andy Burgess play.....anyone know what he was like and why we a bidding for yet another midfielder?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Jan. 12 2006,14:21)]Apparently we attempted to bid for Andy Burgess of Rushden for £25k.......he is now going to Oxford for £50k.

Can't recall seeing Andy Burgess play.....anyone know what he was like and why we a bidding for yet another midfielder?
In case we lose Gutts
sad.gif

PaTo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pato the Blue @ Jan. 12 2006,14:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Jan. 12 2006,14:21)]Apparently we attempted to bid for Andy Burgess of Rushden for £25k.......he is now going to Oxford for £50k.

In case we lose Gutts
sad.gif

PaTo
I hope that ain't the case.
sad.gif

I hardly think that would be the reason, Burgess is a wide player!

Doesnt seem to make much sense that, its not as if we dont have enough wide players.

The only reason that would be a target is if the JCR deal is now dead in the water, but he certainly would not be a replacement for Gutts!

was just browsing Rushden's site and saw that they have an almost 50 man squad, that is incredible and surely one of the biggest in the lower division.
they must have atleast one good player still there we can sign haha and no not dreeewe
wow.gif
wink.gif

Burgess was obviously a platyer Tilly thought we could get on the cheap - surely he must have thought Burgess was worth at least £50K or else he wouldn't be good enough for us! But it might suggest that the JCR thing is falling through...unless its a cunning ploy by Tilly to try and force Rotherham's hand!

Looking on Oxford's official site (link below), I can see why Tilly went for him - 6'3", left-footed winger and can "glide past people". If I was being overly critical of of the squad, I could pick holes and say that we don't have many players who can go past defenders (obvious exception being Freddy), and Mitchel Cole being, shall we say, dissapointing, I can see why we looked at him.

However, if JCR is worth £117k, then surely £50k is in the budget...

Oxford Official Site

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Jan. 13 2006,15:01)]Looking on Oxford's official site (link below), I can see why Tilly went for him - 6'3", left-footed winger and can "glide past people".  If I was being overly critical of of the squad, I could pick holes and say that we don't have many players who can go past defenders (obvious exception being Freddy), and Mitchel Cole being, shall we say, dissapointing, I can see why we looked at him.

However, if JCR is worth £117k, then surely £50k is in the budget...

Oxford Official Site
Tillys says that he didnt think burgess was worth 50K thats why he didnt pursue it

Back