• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Family Dinners

Do you sit down to a family dinner??

• Total voters

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
When i was growing up at my parents as a youngster, we always had a family meal every day, where we came together to sit around the table and talk to each other as a family.

This value has stayed with me to this day...myself and Mrs AS always where possible sit up the table and have a meal together in the evening, it is sometimes the only chance we get to tell each other about the day we have had. But we never ever miss out on having a Sunday Roast together, even if it is just the two of us.

I strongly believe that the "Family Dinner" is really important in bringing a family together on a regular basis, although this traditional family value seems to have slipped to the way side these days.

Do you as a family or even just with your partner sit down on a regular basis to a meal together??

9 times out of 10 me and Hils sit at the table when we are eating, had a roast at my Mum's today and we all sat at the table.

Well I don't at the moment due to obvious reasons but as soon as Mrs MK gets her feet under the table we shall again.

And there was me thinking you needed 3 to have a roast :whistling:

Do not know what you are talking about young man!!!

C_71_article_1000859_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

We do it pretty much every weekend. But even if we don't eat at the table in the week, we still all eat together. When I was younger we would sit at the table for dinner every night as a family. I think it's important as well, quality time together and all that jazz

Being as we generally eat at different times, not really. Special occasions and that, sometimes on a Sunday.

I think we have to move on as a nation otherwise the Chinese will eat us alive.

I like the idea or portable engineered nutrition such as Doner/mixed kebabs, Pepperamis and Scotch eggs which enable you to remain productive whilst you consume your calories and nutrients.

Morning Chaps,

I used to sit down with the folks for a Sunday scran, but now I've shipped 'em off to the rest home I can't be arsed.

Sitting around the table with mother letting rip her wall-quaking flatulence whilst father dribbles into his roast isn't my idea of fun. What makes it worse is one of the other old scrotes pulling up a chair and going on about the ****ing war or something.
I prefer to sit in front of my starving servants and gorge myself with cake..

Regards

Back