• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What should i do with my son

• Total voters

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
I hope the members of SZ can help me with a family problem I have. I was in a pub in Portsmouth on Saturday around 1pm when my phone rings. I see that it is my 13 year old son on the line who was on a sleepover with a friend in Maldon.

He says "Dad, you are going to kill me! Tom and I want to go and watch Col Ewe vs. Leyton Orient, and mum said you had better ring your Dad first.

Well, I had other matters in my mind relating to Portsmouth v. Southend. So I just told him to do whatever his mate wants him to do, but that there might be consequences.

As it happend he never went to the Sheep Pen Stadium, or whatever it is called. But still, I have filled out the adoption papers.

What I need help with is do I post the adoption papers bearing in mind the evil thought had occurred to him? Do I forgive him because he didn't go and give him some other sanction? Or do I put it down to the impetousness of youth? Please help me.

Get him this shirt and make him wear it wherever he goes; go to the Winchester; have a nice cold pint and wait for this all to blow over:

41mkqlY1MpL.jpg

A simple blood test will prove the authenticity of parenthood !!!. It may not be as bad as it seems.

I hope the members of SZ can help me with a family problem I have. I was in a pub in Portsmouth on Saturday around 1pm when my phone rings. I see that it is my 13 year old son on the line who was on a sleepover with a friend in Maldon.

He says "Dad, you are going to kill me! Tom and I want to go and watch Col Ewe vs. Leyton Orient, and mum said you had better ring your Dad first.

Well, I had other matters in my mind relating to Portsmouth v. Southend. So I just told him to do whatever his mate wants him to do, but that there might be consequences.

As it happend he never went to the Sheep Pen Stadium, or whatever it is called. But still, I have filled out the adoption papers.

What I need help with is do I post the adoption papers bearing in mind the evil thought had occurred to him? Do I forgive him because he didn't go and give him some other sanction? Or do I put it down to the impetousness of youth? Please help me.

Beat the crap out of him for even thinking it

This is indeed a dilemma, 13 is the beginning of hormonal interference which in turn gives rise to irrational behaviour. Talk to him, guide him, let him know that its ok to make mistakes and if it were to happen again, you will be there for him. With a cattle prod.

Your feelings of being a failure as a parent must be too much bear. I would suggest you both apply for counselling and let Mrs C C Csiders take the reigns for a while. Large amounts of alcohol always helps in such matters.:winking:

Dress him in a sheep costume and take him down to boots and laces, stand him in the goal and let Shaq take shots at him, this way he will suffer the humiliation he deserves but won't get hurt by balls hitting him

I'm sorry , but as much as you are trying to blame your son , a lot of this problem , and believe me it's a huge problem , is down to parental guidance.
You ( and your wife ) need to take a long hard look at yourselves and examine your own faults.
Your son clearly has some illness and hope you can get him the treatment he needs.
If there is no cure , then just 'get rid'.
Do you have other kids ?
If yes , the risk of him infecting them too is too great.
You've mucked up once.
Don't do it again !

My son came home saying he supported Chelsea, as you would gather I was not impressed especially as of all the premiership clubs I despise them the most. I went mad and told him he wasn't allowed to support anyone other than Southend, his room is covered in southend United stuff now. He has shirts etc and has been to a game last season, he even has a signed Freddy eastwood photo in his room which he is very proud of.

Drill it home to him the importance of our hatred for the both the clubs and how if you are to visit the home of the scum you sit in the away end and shout endless abuse at the inbreds! If all else fails then adoption is your only option.

I think that this is why most parents build dungeons in the basement. You hope that you won't need to use it but sometimes imprisonment is the only answer. Let him sweat it out for a few weeks with survival rations. He'll respect you for it eventually. Oh, and post security on the door so that this 'friend' can't continue to spread his malign influence. It's not completely your fault. Terrible things do just happen.

A long time ago I stopped going to Spurs with my dad (I was 14) and started going to Southend with my mates. He never understood, but he accepted that some children are a bit different from their parents. I never got him to come to Southend and I haven't returned to Spurs. I think when it comes to your son going to Col U you should proceed with the adoption, I know my dad wished he had at times.

Jeremy Kyle deals with this kind of stuff however I think you need to be northern and 100miles from any dentist to pass the entrance exam.

My son when he first went to school, despite being brought up as a Shrimper, came home one day and said that all his mates are Wet Spam fans and would it be ok to support them as well as Southend. After explaining that the only way he would ever set foot in Upton Park would be if Southend were to play there, i sat him down with a dictionery and made him read out the explanation for adoption. I explained that if he ever suggested such a thing again he would be put up for adoption. Now the names West Ham, Col Utd and Borient are band words in out house, even my wife and daughter dont say them, they are added to the list of swear words that they are not allowed to use. If used they are punished accrodingly....simples!

Thank you CCC and everyone else who has had their two pennyworth in this thread. A reminder as to why this site is the best.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back