• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LeedsSUFC

First XI
Cannot believe what I saw/heard tonight... A section of fans taking the **** and abusing a man chanting about things like Fossetts Farm, when he obviously had a disability... Get some respect. Also the treatment of Smith and Spillane was ****ing appalling around that area; some of our supporters are embarrassing.

I'm guessing you may have had the Dagenham Kev experience. He was heard in the toilets saying Sturrock had actually left 2 weeks ago as he hadn't been paid....

Not sure they took the p@@s tbh I was near him and didn't hear any abuse other than shut up in the end he was getting woo hoo's after his comments which was the most noise the crowd made all night watching quite frankly an awful performance by us.

As above. Personally wouldn't give him stick as I guess he has some sort of disability but having stood near him once vowed never again.

I had the misfortune of being in the seated section, constant moaning at the players from start to finish, the amount of abuse being thrown at Smith was disgusting.

It was embarrasing to be amongst the tossers.

Kevin is a good lad and he is harmless he does make a rod for his own back but nothing phases him
Yeah agree he is harmless and has been going for years.I have often seen him at non league games around local area and have a quick chat with him.He defiantly is a character.

I had the misfortune of being in the seated section, constant moaning at the players from start to finish, the amount of abuse being thrown at Smith was disgusting.

It was embarrasing to be amongst the tossers.

Smith made a few top class saves again last night, dread to think what it might have been without him. For what it's worth I blame Cresswell and Prosser more for the first goal than I do Smith - woeful marking.

I agree , why are fans so quick to blame Smith for everything when clearly it was a defenders fault , it really does beggar belief ..... i'm sure some of them would prefer a rubbish keeper who is a "character" . Personally i prefer a keeper who concentrates for the whole match , is focussed on his job + makes loads of brilliant saves rather than turning round + bantering with fans with a cheeky smile + being everyones mate .

The 1st goal was purely down to 2 defenders not marking their men strongly enough. The 2nd goal no defender closed down the cross or picked up the runner. Yet no one has knocked Cresswell nor Clohessey , or Hurst ( all 3 were to blame for the goals)

Not justifying these fans but it was a frustrating evening. Smith, Spillane and Straker all woeful imho

Whereas the other 8 on the pitch weren't?

If Spillane was so bad, why didn't we improve when he went off?

If Straker was so bad, how come none of the goals came down his flank?

Why didn't the centre-halves deal with the ball for their first goal before it got into 6 yard box?

Why didn't the centre-halves deal with the ball for their first goal before it got into 6 yard box?
The 2nd one did :smile:

However, I agree with the rest...

Smith was at fault for the goals, saw the goals again on sky this morning and they both came from 2 yards out of the back post. Keepers ball all day long. He's saved us plenty of times but he's also cost us plenty of times!!!

Defenders' fault for the first goal, marking non-existent. If Hyde had missed it, they were queuing up. Credit where credit's due, a terrific ball into the box.

Anyway, back to the post in question and I was standing near some of those "supporters" and I quite agree there were a hell of a lot of morons slagging off Smith, cheering when Spillane was subbed and generally not helping. Quite embarrassing, and the Dagenham Kev stuff, well you'd think they'd realise he has a mental health issue.

Yorkshire Blue...did you go last night?

Good old Dagenham Kev (for it was he) has been going for at least twenty years,to my knowledge. i truly believe he enjoys the 'banter'.
Used to be famous for his red trousers!

What does he look like? Wondering if he is the idiot I mentioned, yelling abuse at Smith after the Wycombe game and accusing fans of kicking him on the way out. Would explain a lot!

Smith was at fault for the goals, saw the goals again on sky this morning and they both came from 2 yards out of the back post. Keepers ball all day long. He's saved us plenty of times but he's also cost us plenty of times!!!
You're kidding of course, or poisoned by the horsey burger.
They say a keeper should command the six-yard box, and therefore a header from outside same, check where Hyde heads it from, was down to our defenders.
The second reminded me of Brentford's first in the Cup replay. Sean C, and he's been pretty good so not knocking him, loses the man behind him and allows Davids in.
What is it with Smith and fans?
Christ! Britt shanks a decent chance to put us one up by a distance - and no one says a word. If the other side scores these days - it's down to Smith.

Back