• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans returning to stadiums put on hold.

How about the surgeons, doctors, nurses and varied medical personnel who have worn masks for over 100 years?

If they make no difference, chances are someone would have picked up on it by now... and I’m not referring to the University of YouTube graduates.
Now that is being facetious. Nurses, doctors, surgeons and dental practitioners tend to have to have very close contact with their patients, very close face to face contact in the case of dentists.
Can't recall the last time it was necessary for such close contact in my weekly shop at Sainsburys.........

Now that is being facetious. Nurses, doctors, surgeons and dental practitioners tend to have to have very close contact with their patients, very close face to face contact in the case of dentists.
Can't recall the last time it was necessary for such close contact in my weekly shop at Sainsburys.........
was in tescos yesterday and i have to say i had people all around me was awful.

each to there own but as i understand masks are to protect others just in case you have it yourself and you dont know.

as for fans returning as i said before non league clubs can but we cant Still cant get my head around that (appreciate national league may not have fans in)

was in tescos yesterday and i have to say i had people all around me was awful.

each to there own but as i understand masks are to protect others just in case you have it yourself and you dont know.

as for fans returning as i said before non league clubs can but we cant Still cant get my head around that (appreciate national league may not have fans in)
Well it's funny how it took four months (March to July), for the collective brains of the so called "World Health Organisation", SAGE (or is it SAGA?), and about 50% of epidemiologists to persuade the government to make masks mandatory in all shops.
But if it makes you feel happier wearing one, then so be it.

Well it's funny how it took four months (March to July), for the collective brains of the so called "World Health Organisation", SAGE (or is it SAGA?), and about 50% of epidemiologists to persuade the government to make masks mandatory in all shops.

Tell me, what is it about wearing a mask that you don’t like? I really can’t understand why it’s such a bind.

If the footballing authorities told us we could reopen Roots Hall with the caveat that masks were mandatory, would you return?

For sure they do.

But the same can be said for you being in Sainsbury’s. You’re only an arms length away from the shelves, when you’re picking up goods.

Took our government yes, elsewhere they have been for awhile (except the states)

Doesn’t make me feel safer as i am protecting others just in case I have come in contact with it, thats what they are for protecting others. If I had unfortunately contracted the disease form someone, and i didnt know and I coughed over some tins in the supermarket as I wasnt wearing a mask i could of course give it to untold amount of people, that Is why i wear one, not because i want too but to protect others. I hope no one comes into contact with the disease, I have had 2 family members (Not household members) with it and it isnt good.

For the record I was just saying how cramped Tesco’s was yesterday as people seem to be stocking up again, jesus

Tell me, what is it about wearing a mask that you don’t like? I really can’t understand why it’s such a bind.

If the footballing authorities told us we could reopen Roots Hall with the caveat that masks were mandatory, would you return?
You mean apart from the gagging on your own hot breath, the steamed up glasses, the depersonalisation of everyone, the wearing of them under the chin and then putting it back over your mouth (yes, very hygienic), and the lack of any scientific evidence that they are preventing the spread.
Also, with the knowledge that flu cases and indeed flu deaths are running at up to a factor of four times greater than those of Covid-19, tell me of any time in your lifetime when we were required to wear a face nappy during the flu season?

You mean apart from the gagging on your own hot breath, the steamed up glasses, the depersonalisation of everyone, the wearing of them under the chin and then putting it back over your mouth (yes, very hygienic), and the lack of any scientific evidence that they are preventing the spread.
Also, with the knowledge that flu cases and indeed flu deaths are running at up to a factor of four times greater than those of Covid-19, tell me of any time in your lifetime when we were required to wear a face nappy during the flu season?
I didn't think its possible to gag on their own breath. Unless you've not flossed for a while and are social distancing yourself from brushing your teeth.

If I had to wear a mask to return to watch football at Roots Hall, i'd wear one. Be it a face mask or a gimp mask. If it protected those around me and on my way to the seat then why would you not.

There is a vaccine for flu and a preventive jab there isnt for COVId as yet, let’s hope there is one soon for everyone’s sake.

Its your own hygiene in the mask mainly so if your worried about that not a lot anyone can do, i have the disposable ones so i can change them every time i go out if i wish too

There is scientific proof... there is even an experiment you can do at home, to prove it.

Stand in front of a mirror, and breathe on it. You’ll see the condensation.

Then put a mask on, and do the same again. You’ll see the difference.

The steamed up glasses and breathing your own breath issue can be solved by wearing a visor instead of a mask.

There is scientific proof... there is even an experiment you can do at home, to prove it.

Stand in front of a mirror, and breathe on it. You’ll see the condensation.

Then put a mask on, and do the same again. You’ll see the difference.

The steamed up glasses and breathing your own breath issue can be solved by wearing a visor instead of a mask.

New research says a visor isnt that effective alas.

There is a vaccine for flu and a preventive jab there isnt for COVId as yet, let’s hope there is one soon for everyone’s sake.

Its your own hygiene in the mask mainly so if your worried about that not a lot anyone can do, i have the disposable ones so i can change them every time i go out if i wish too
All right having the vaccine if you know which strain of flu is liable to hit, but there are many strains of flu.

Not to mention that the Flu is a lot less deadly than the Rona.

Actually, no one is sure of that yet. For example in 2015 there was 55,000 excess flue deaths in the uk. (while having a vaccine)

15,000 more than the current Corona total, you also have to consider that the CDC said that 94% of covid deaths had 2 sometimes even 3 other existing illness as well.(No vaccine)

Also Carl Heneghan from oxford university got the government to take 5,000 deaths of the total because they were wrongly counted because of the 28 day rule.

Actually, no one is sure of that yet. For example in 2015 there was 55,000 excess flue deaths in the uk. (while having a vaccine)

15,000 more than the current Corona total, you also have to consider that the CDC said that 94% of covid deaths had 2 sometimes even 3 other existing illness as well.(No vaccine)

Also Carl Heneghan from oxford university got the government to take 5,000 deaths of the total because they were wrongly counted because of the 28 day rule.
Yes but the uptake on the vaccine is not done by everyone, that in itself is an issue for what ever disease is around.

If you take last year as an example.

Last winter, 5,505 people were reported hospitalised because of confirmed flu in a network of 24 trusts in England. 3,157 people were admitted to an Intensive Care Unit or High Dependency Unit as a result of confirmed flu across all of the UK during the 2018/19 flu season, of whom 312 died.

In 2018/19, there were an estimated 1,692 deaths associated with flu.

The flu vaccine uptake rates in key eligible groups last season were:

• adults aged 65 or older: 72.0%
  • adults in at-risk groups: 48.0%
  • pregnant women: 45.2%
  • children aged 2: 43.8%
  • children aged 3: 45.9%
Thats just the groups more at risk, for me it is a scary thought that most of the others may not have taken the vaccine option =maybe feeling as they are fit and healthy they wont be affected.

The above is UK only

1) https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/nov/25/excess-winter-deaths-rose-more-than-150-43900-2014 - the flu vaccine was ineffective
2) CDC's figure has been widely misattributed. 94% of deaths had other underlying conditions, sure, but Covid-19 exacerbated them. These people will have lived longer.
3) Carl Heneghan is an interesting one- decent job title, but there's a lot of caution here. From a website I read:
Heneghan’s Oxford COVID-19 Evidence Service publishes regular updates on the pandemic – many of which offer sceptical takes on issues such as death toll calculations, but none of which can be considered a reliable part of the scientific literature. Each entry is essentially self-published by Heneghan and contains the following disclaimer at the end: “… the article has not been peer-reviewed; it should not replace individual clinical judgement and the sources cited should be checked… The views are not a substitute for professional medical advice”... In fact, I was not able to find a single peer-reviewed study by Heneghan about COVID-19 in the scientific literature.

It's easy to debunk a lot of the scepticism.

Okay, so you’re in denial and content to risk infecting others. Hope I never see your un-masked mug at RH in future.

Back