• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Let's be honest, TrueBlue. That's quite impressive, considering they're all from the same family ! :winking:

Embarrassing when you consider what Millwall have brought twice and how many Cov have already sold!

When I was in the ticket office earlier in the week people were getting the tickets for this game with some people asking to sit in certain sections and not being able to. Hopefully will be a good crowd

We have sold all our initial allocation of 1000 tickets and now selling our extra allocation, although of course fans are more interested in getting tickets for the cup match at present.

I would have thought your cup final at the hall would have taken precedent tbh.

When I was in the ticket office earlier in the week people were getting the tickets for this game with some people asking to sit in certain sections and not being able to. Hopefully will be a good crowd

It will be a sell out or near to a sell out I'm sure. I reckon the cov game will be 8k plus as well.

I would have thought your cup final at the hall would have taken precedent tbh.

Nobody seems to be even talking about it at present, the local derby is taking a real back seat at present the cup success has killed it stone dead. It might pick up after the game on the Saturday but should we win or get a draw, the replay would knock this game down the pecking order for sure. Despite the results we look a much better team now with new players in the offing too, so I think you will have a much tougher game this time around.

Nobody seems to be even talking about it at present, the local derby is taking a real back seat at present the cup success has killed it stone dead. It might pick up after the game on the Saturday but should we win or get a draw, the replay would knock this game down the pecking order for sure. Despite the results we look a much better team now with new players in the offing too, so I think you will have a much tougher game this time around.

All this FA cup run is going to do is distract and send you straight into league 2....... Shame

All this FA cup run is going to do is distract and send you straight into league 2....... Shame

My thoughts too TB we probably need 10 wins from 20 now which looks a tough ask, we will suffer through not changing the manager earlier. On the plus side this cup run is bringing in lots of cash the club has not budgeted for, so if we do go down there will be more cash available to improve the squad. As I said we are playing better now but time is running out unless we get a few wins very quickly.

My thoughts too TB we probably need 10 wins from 20 now which looks a tough ask, we will suffer through not changing the manager earlier. On the plus side this cup run is bringing in lots of cash the club has not budgeted for, so if we do go down there will be more cash available to improve the squad. As I said we are playing better now but time is running out unless we get a few wins very quickly.

I certainly don't want Col ewe down this season thinking about it,two great derbies next year with big gates,maybe if you can finish 1pt above the drop so you suffer and sweat a tad would be nice.:thumbsup:

I certainly don't want Col ewe down this season thinking about it,two great derbies next year with big gates,maybe if you can finish 1pt above the drop so you suffer and sweat a tad would be nice.:thumbsup:

you are a cruel man, but I did smirk a bit whilst reading it.

Keen was talking on BBC Essex this morning about the number of points needed to avoid the drop.

Not sure whether that's a good thing for you that he is fully aware of what needs to be achieved or a bad thing that only just over halfway through the season he's starting to talk about a relegation scrap. Danger is, do you start to look down rather than up and then follow your nose?
Psychologically, I suppose, it depends on the confidence and character in the dressing room as to which way it will influence.

Keen was talking on BBC Essex this morning about the number of points needed to avoid the drop.

Not sure whether that's a good thing for you that he is fully aware of what needs to be achieved or a bad thing that only just over halfway through the season he's starting to talk about a relegation scrap. Danger is, do you start to look down rather than up and then follow your nose?
Psychologically, I suppose, it depends on the confidence and character in the dressing room as to which way it will influence.

I think it's realistic - we are in the drop zone and need to work on plan to get out of it - in fairness to Keen we sacked previous manager too late so he's picking up the pieces - in fairness we have been playing quite well but not getting the results - you could argue that's because we are lacking in either fitness, concentration, quality or a combination at times of all three. As you'd have seen for yourselves our play against you lot on Boxing Day was generally good and had we drawn or even won it wouldn't have been totally against the run of play - similar against Sheffield Utd on Sat - battered them in second half and looked more likely to score a winner but ended up losing in injury time.

I still think we'll get out of trouble - we have money to strengthen squad and have a good enough squad - tomorrow against Fleetwood has become a must-win in my opinion - lost and I think we'll massively struggle - win and the momentum will pick up and I can see us going on a run winning maybe 4 or 5 games out of 6 (hopefully including revenge at Roots Hall!)

I think he is just being realistic, the players are certainly looking up for the battle but we need a bit of luck too, that result against Sheffield was criminal but whatever you do on the pitch it's goals that count and at the right end!!

It will be a sell out or near to a sell out I'm sure. I reckon the cov game will be 8k plus as well.

For Colchester game it looks like we have sold just over 7,000 home tickets, so about 1,500 home tickets still available. With Colchester bringing just over 1,000 so far we could get a near 9,000 crowd hopefully.

Coventry home ticket sales still don't look that much different to normal so maybe 6,500 of us and nearly 2,000 Coventry by the sounds of it.

Back