• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FC Halifax Town v Southend United, Tuesday 16th August, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • Shaun Hobson

• Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 82 86.3%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jaden Crowhurst

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 81 85.3%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 75 78.9%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • Jack Bridge

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • Chris Wreh

• Jack Wood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oli Coker

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Henry Sandat

• Win

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halifax fan here, we were woeful in first game against Barnet(think they will do ok this season).

However against Torquay, I've never seen a more one sided game in my life. Their goal was from a long throw in that glanced off our defenders head straight into feet of their striker.

Aside from that, 26 shots, 65% possession 450 passes to their 167, etc etc.

Still on 0 points, so all the above is irrelevant.

We'll be ok this season. Our squad gets ransacked most seasons. We must have had close to ten transfer fees/compensation coming in over the past 2 seasons, and potentially another two players leaving before transfer window closes.

Some of our better performers(Warburton & Spence) from last
Season are injured, which is a bonus for you.

We do need to start picking up points I suppose, but I think we're going the slow burn this season. We usually start really well and level off due to small squad, budget etc. Might do it the opposite way like Stockport this season and come good at the right time 😉😂.

Plenty of car parking around. £5 in main club car park. Cheaper and free options not far away either. Piece Hall is great if you here early enough, and three pigeons is probably one of the most popular pubs in this league for football fans.
Don’t be worried, we have history for helping teams win after a winless run. For what it’s worth we’ve played ok in our two games, shouldn’t have lost to Boring Wood and played well against Solihull. A long drive up and back tomorrow so hoping for a positive result

Big test for Kensdale tonight against Dieseruvwe. Big, mobile front man with quick feet. Looks like he was unlucky not to have a hatful of goals at the weekend.

Apparently Kev says Clifford is fit to play tonight.

I'm disappointed to be honest. Unless Lomas isn't fit to start games, the back 5 that finished the Solihull game should be starting against Halifax
No reason why Lomas won’t start ahead of Clifford - just because he is fit doesn’t mean he’ll start

Spoke to Lomas's dad after the Solihull game. He said he was really pleased to be here and can't wait to get fully fit and help the team get up the table.

Be very harsh to drop young Crowhurst after his display at Solihull.

When Clifford had to go off and Ralph took over we looked much better.Feel that Clifford needs a break from first team duties and if Lomas is fit it seems a good opportunity to keep him in the side.It will be interesting to learn what side Kev puts out on a pitch that's sounds poor

I'm disappointed to be honest. Unless Lomas isn't fit to start games, the back 5 that finished the Solihull game should be starting against Halifax
Looking at the poll, that's the verdict of most on here.

Spoke to Lomas's dad after the Solihull game. He said he was really pleased to be here and can't wait to get fully fit and help the team get up the table.

Be very harsh to drop young Crowhurst after his display at Solihull.
Crowhurst won't be dropped. Lomas is a CB and Clifford will be dropped for Lomas if Lomas starts

I pray Clifford is out for an long time, until September at least, unless he up his game. He showed his weaknesses as two goals we let in, come from his area.

I pray Clifford is out for an long time, until September at least, unless he up his game. He showed his weaknesses as two goals we let in, come from his area.
Praying that one of our players is injured for a while . What weird behaviour. Whether people think he is good enough or not we shouldn’t be hoping our own players get injured especially the position we are in at the moment.

I really like the look of the back 3 of Lomas, Kensdale and Hobson. Not convinced by Ralph in a back 3, he's certainly no central defender. He's far better at left back or left wing back.

Praying that one of our players is injured for a while . What weird behaviour. Whether people think he is good enough or not we shouldn’t be hoping our own players get injured especially the position we are in at the moment.
Agreed. It’s like wishing some posters would suffer a temporary illness preventing them to post such stupid drivel for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back