• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Watched It's a wonderful life for the first time this afternoon, really good imo & Jimmy Stewart was a brave actor for taking on the role that was so unusual (apart from Harvey) and away from his regular leading man role; If you haven't seen it then you are missing a classic BUT JS is a true "great" and has a catalogue of top films 8/10.

Then onto the cinema this evening for The Last Jedi, not bad, over long a felt that 20 minutes editing could have sharpened it; some good cgi but really the story and characters are more important than speed and size and noise, a reasonable continuation of the franchise with out being stand alone good. 7/10

I also had a triple big mac, 2 pints of coke, fries, popcorn and a macflurry; gave me wind:sad:

Thanks Dave, good review!

1. Detroit. Very good 8/10

2. Brimstone. Very good. Guy Pearce is excellent. 9/10

3. Valerian and the City Of a Thousand Planets. Pure escapism and enjoyed it greatly. 7/10

4. Spotlight. For about the 6th time. One of my all time favs. 9/10

5. Bastille Day. Not bad. 7/10

6. Tulip Fever. Superb. Alicia Vikander ......well, what's not to like. 8/10

Finally managed to see TLJ, take the Mary Poppins scene out of it and it was a good film

The last Jedi. 8/10

Quite a few non Star Wars style scenes and a few too many out of character smart arse comments from Luke.

The bombardment of the retreating rebel fleet was a bit **** as well.

It added nothing to the overall story.

Spoiler:  
They broke in. They got caught as DJ was a baddie. 30 mins of CGI for that?

Will expand when on pc at some point but I thought it built a new world, showed another side of tye galaxy to Finn and expanded the overall theme of failure.

Ladybird - Saorise Ronan plays the titular character in being a 17yr old American teen before she goes to "college". Not much happens, but it's decent. 8/10

The Darkest Hour - UNMISSABLE- not even going to rate it. One of the finest films I’ve seen ever. I hadn’t seen any previews, just watched it here on impulse. Pretty much dialogue all the way and not for one minute did I look at my watch.

Coco - Latest Pixar. Now whilst it's beautiful to look at, I felt unmoved by the actual story - which for Pixar is usually not the issue. May need a second watch, but initially 6.5/10.

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Crime/very black comedy tale of a grieving angry mother and a town of useless, racist cops. Jolly good. 8/10

Back