• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Bit of a binge fest with flights to and from the Caribbean, none of which I'd seen before...

1) Oceans 8 - enjoyed this, Rhianna surprised me with quite a decent acting role, also enjoyed a film with a predominantly female cast in the major roles - 8/10

2) Mama Mia - Here We Go Again - seriously, what were they thinking? A sequel without Meryl Streep.....it passed the time - 5/10

3) Night at the Museum - Secret of the Tomb - really enjoyed this, great family film - 8/10

4) Christopher Robin - found this quite difficult to follow at the beginning through Christopher's growing up but once Pooh and friends came back into his life, it was a lot better. Great visual effects, but that's what you'd expect from Disney - 6/10

5) The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - cracking cast, enjoyed this one - 7/10

Another vote for Rupert Everett's excellent The Happy Prince,which I had to watch on DVD last night, after giving up waiting for it to get a cinema release here.Worrying trend that with no release date yet set for Mike Leigh's Peterloo (due for DVD release in March).Thought that Everett's film was much stronger than Stephen Fry's Wilde with a wonderful supporting cast, including Colin Firth and Emily Watson.

Watched School of Rock (again) with MK Jnr. Great film and I'm no fan of Jack Black. 8/10
Then the Autopsy of Jane Doe (which goes by the tag line the scariest film ever). It's not...in fact it's so boring I fell asleep. No score.

Watched School of Rock (again) with MK Jnr. Great film and I'm no fan of Jack Black. 8/10
Then the Autopsy of Jane Doe (which goes by the tag line the scariest film ever). It's not...in fact it's so boring I fell asleep. No score.
Autopsy is so dull. I’m a big fan of horror and it had nothing going for it. It follows is good fun

The Hole In The Ground - Irish chiller. Single mum moves to a desolate house with a massive hole in the ground behind it. Son goes missing and then returns....but is it him?

It's ok, a bit slow. 7/10

Whitney Houston documentary: Can I Be Me?

No fan at all of her music, but a interesting look at her life. Surrounded by drugs, alcohol, hangers-on and yes men, is it any wonder she died early? (and her daughter).

I only like Jack Black in Tenacious D and Nacho Libre.

Just watched Get Out on Netflix

Really enjoyable film, supposed you could call it a psychological thriller with a bit of ‘black’ comedy.

Recommended if you’ve got Netflix

Back