• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Ms Baldy and I went out to the cinema today and we saw the excellent....
1711917192738.png

A return to my Roger Corman season.
I would say that it falls in the catergory of "pretty awful!
1712262272062.png

Is he the brother of Anthony? lol
Younger I think . :Winking: Btw I saw Antony Hopkins at the Hole in the Wall pub Waterloo.Think he was appearing in one of the Roman plays at the NT at the time.This was back in the 70¡s.Suprised you haven't seen the film but then you don't normally bother with films about jews,do you? (BTW I'm not Jewish,nor am I ant-semitic either).

Last edited:
Directed and produced by Roger Corman.
Imdb: I just recently "discovered" the "Pit and the Pendulum" after a friend recommended it. I watched the video on a dark and windy night and I was absolutely chilled! It was wonderfully atmospheric, beautifully filmed, and the suspense kept mounting right up until the climatic end

1712308578719.png

Tangled up in Blue replied to a thread you are watching at ShrimperZone.

Films you've watched recently.

Another vote for Antiny Hopkins in The One ,which we saw earlier.Deeply moving.

I think that you meant "One Life".
I saw it when it first came out and it was fantastic.

They will be naming a road after the hero Nicholas Winton--It will be very close to Liverpool Street Station.
Indeed the title in Spanish Is Los Niños de Winton.

Imdb:
10/10
A Hep Cat Hollowcast.
gidget199923 August 2002
Daddy O, this is with out a doubt the coolest horror film with beatniks that has ever been produced, one viewing and you'll be pulling your bongos outa the closet and throwing paint at the wall. Beatniks, coffee, art, murder and a Paul Horn soundtrack, It's Crazy Man".
1712390408143.png

Imdb: This is a low budget movie so don't expect much from the effects or production values. But there's a charm to it, as with many of Corman's early films, that I find hard to resist.

1712478023145.png

Attachments

• 1712477983060.png
    1712477983060.png
    412.3 KB · Views: 1
Directed and produced by Roger Corman.
Imdb: I just recently "discovered" the "Pit and the Pendulum" after a friend recommended it. I watched the video on a dark and windy night and I was absolutely chilled! It was wonderfully atmospheric, beautifully filmed, and the suspense kept mounting right up until the climatic end

View attachment 31618
Back in the mid 70s I was allowed to purchase a black and white portable TV for my bedroom. I those days ITV was provided by Thames Television during the week. However, my portable also picked up Anglia TV. And on Friday nights Anglia would show horror films after the ITN news at 10.30pm.

I got to see all those Roger Corman films based on Edgar Alan Poe stories, the Hammer House films and various other UK and US production companies.

Talking Pictures show a couple of old horrors on Friday nights.

Back in the mid 70s I was allowed to purchase a black and white portable TV for my bedroom. I those days ITV was provided by Thames Television during the week. However, my portable also picked up Anglia TV. And on Friday nights Anglia would show horror films after the ITN news at 10.30pm.

I got to see all those Roger Corman films based on Edgar Alan Poe stories, the Hammer House films and various other UK and US production companies.

Talking Pictures show a couple of old horrors on Friday nights.
All on the Bing Videos site free of charge.

Back