• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

I fancy it too, but I'm wondering if its a bit scary for a 4 1/2yr old.

One of my nieces is the same age as your daughter and she was a bit spooked in places - it is pretty intense from what I've seen. I know my son will be ok, but my daughter may spend some of the film with her hands over her eyes!

Captain America : Civil War 8.5/10

Maybe the best Marvel film yet. I need to re-watch Avengers Assemble to decide for sure. Certainly better than Age Of Ultron or the previous couple of Captain America films.

Martin Freemans American accent though :nope: However, the new (brit) actor for Spidey did a great job, made him more child like and a bit nerdy but still with the Spidey-quips.

Blinky Bill (something or other) - arse cringingly terrible Aussie animation about a Koala. Get's 80%+ on Rotten Tomatoes, but that's bollox by a factor of 10. Very much doubt it'll make it into UK cinemas fortunately. 1/10

The Witch - "horror" set in New England in the 17th century. It's not scary, it's bordering on art-house and the cast talk in authentic language of the time. Good acting by some young kids, but blimey it's slow going. I'm starting to think Mark Kermode is full of **** as he raved about it. 4/10

[video=youtube;2MmryrXKUU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MmryrXKUU8[/video]

The Witch - "horror" set in New England in the 17th century. It's not scary, it's bordering on art-house and the cast talk in authentic language of the time. Good acting by some young kids, but blimey it's slow going. I'm starting to think Mark Kermode is full of **** as he raved about it. 4/10

Lots of people have raved about it. I haven't seen it yet but am looking forward to it.

Lots of people have raved about it. I haven't seen it yet but am looking forward to it.

Yer, was a bit of a disappointment sadly, as I was too. Didn't help that the lead actress was a 20yr old model playing a malnourished girl on the verge of puberty. Good acting, especially by the kids, but like I said, but sloooowwwwwww going.

The Jungle Book - I can't give it 10 as the original animation is peerless, so it gets a 9.9. Absolutely brilliant.

The Tiger - an Old Hunter's Tale. Subtitled and set in Japanese occupied Korea in the 1920s hunting down the last tiger. Powerful stuff, subtitled and some of the CGI could have been better but I saw this on a plane and I can't wait to watch it full screen. Undertones of Korea v Japan don't ruin a very good film. At least worth an 8

Back