• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Final position

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Don't want to start counting any chickens in the least bit yet but their predicted points on season form and recent form look good for us

Predicted points

The stats page there really is impressive too. Worth checking out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 14 2005,12:57)]The stats page there really is impressive too.  Worth checking out!
It certainly is... lots of great stats there:

"Leaders"... sequences, etc.

Fewest goals conceded at home (12), best goals against average at home (0.57), best goals for average away (1.5), longest unbeaten sequence (14), best goal difference (+21), longest unbeaten away (6), highest points per game (1.8), fewest losses away (6).

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 14 2005,13:05)]So it's possible, if F365 are correct that orient can finish above us in playoffs, and we'll be outside them in 8th place....

oh bugger
No, it's not possible. That's what I don't really understand about that table. It's not a proper prediction table, because it doesn't take into account remaining fixtures.

Orient are on 54 points with 12 points left to play for. That puts them - max - on 66 points.

We have 74 points already, so they can't possibly finish above us...

rock.gif

In fact, only those teams currently in the top 8 can finish above us now... we're probably (if you take into account the teams in the top 8 nicking points off each other between now and the end of the season) already above the play-off threshhold now.

But sod that, I want to finish in the top 3 - I sure as hell don't want to go back to Cardiff again for a very long time...

sad.gif

Matt

How can Orient finish above us in the table? There maximum points that they can get from the season is still lower than what we already have. Am I missing a gag?

Good stats but sometimes they don't update them, admittedly.

I think it's easy enough to see the mistake. More importantly, one more win and we're guaranteed a playoff space, for all the cynics out there.

Don't worry Olvis, they can't overtake us. If we win Friday, we can even afford to go in to administration and still finish ahead of them

biggrin.gif

Back