• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First Crapital Connect - Lineside Equipment

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
So my train was delayed by about half an hour this morning because of a problem with "lineside equipment". Do they not just mean a signalling problem? What other lineside equipment is there?

To cap it all i've been up with my son since 1.30 this morning and was desparate for a seat so that I could fall back to sleep. No chance. I couldn't even get on the first two trains, and just about squeezed onto the third.

Look on the bright side. It was freezing waiting on the platform this morning...oh wait...yes it was...

Plenty of lineside equipment mate - Telecoms, equipment critical to time trains as set intervals, power equipment. It's all critical to running of the train.

Fair enough, who owns this lineside equipment? Notwork Rail or First Crapital? I.e. Whose fault was it?

Are you sure? There were a whole load of trains that were screwed this morning.

At least the people who repair/work on the rail lines themselves seem to have finally finished up work on the Isleworth to Twickenham line so I can see my girlfriend at the weekend without having to take a bus (London. Buses. Just no on that one. Pain in the arse.) Shame they finished up just in time for it to cost the better part of £4 mind. £2 one-way on peak?! That's me screwed on Thursdays and Fridays for the semester then, got morning lectures.

Endemic? Right word to use? It means particular to a region or people. You could mean epidemic, but that means qualifying with a noun, so maybe an epidemic problem.

Yer, I think you're right.

Swot. :raspberry:

Back