• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flahavan back to his best,

I suppose that just goes to show how well we are doing! Most of us agree that with the squad at Tillys disposal all of the players could slip in and do a good job, it creates boring "WHAT PUB SHALL WE MEET IN" and Flahavon is god, guilty m"lord posts until we go sh*t again!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Feb. 08 2005,14:58)]I suppose that just goes to show how well we are doing! Most of us agree that with the squad at Tillys disposal all of the players could slip in and do a good job, it creates boring "WHAT PUB SHALL WE MEET IN"  and Flahavon is god, guilty m"lord posts until we go sh*t again!
If that's how you feel then long may you find this message board dull.

I however will find the 'Which pub are we going to for our promotion winnig party?' thread the best ever on here!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Feb. 08 2005,14:25)]I don't want to start up a Darryl Vs Bart debate (Coz we all know it will get locked, whatever happened to freedom of speech?)
I have decided to respond to this post, has there has been a lot of little digs about freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech is a great ideal, however it does need to be used in conjunction with a little bit of common sense. Then it becomes a powerful force.

If you engage in debate in a sensible fashion more people will take notice of you and your views. This in turn will allow more to decide whether your point of view is one the feel they share. Of course if you decide not to take on board the normal etiquette required for such discussions then you should not be alarmed when people do not appreciate your post.

And as such the moderators have to adjudicate what is wrong and what is right for the board and the majority of it's users. (Of course ensuring that everything falls within the law.) At the end of the day messageboard needs it's punters but it cannot please everyone all of the time.

To try to resolve future situations, like the one we had last week. We have agreed to delete offending posts and pm said poster about the action taken, we decided it was a less drastic method than locking threads as sometimes it is just one post that can get a thread locked, whereas the rest of the thread is fine.

So if you wish to ensure topics are not locked or posts deleted, please think before you post. Then it will make life as a moderator easy, which believe or not we do not want to come across heavy handed. Also it will help stop spreading bad feeling amongst the Shrimper community, after all we should all be in this for the same reasons to have a successful and enjoyable to watch football team.

And for the record the Bart V Darryl threads got locked for two reasons.

1) They were becoming very boring and tedious
2) In the end most were opened by the mischievous anonymous posters.

And all this from a mod who has yet to close a thread outside of Shrimperzone FC.

That's my theory out of the window then!

For the record, I think that we have two competent goalkeepers. The arrival of Bart has prompted Darryl to improve his game, which was not good enough last year to be considered a good keeper at this level or above. If he continues to play the way he is he will not be dropped.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Feb. 08 2005,15:47)]For the record, I think that we have two competent goalkeepers. The arrival of Bart has prompted Darryl to improve his game, which was not good enough last year to be considered a good keeper at this level or above. If he continues to play the way he is he will not be dropped.
Yawn, how dull eh Wiggy?

wink.gif

Be nice to see one of these higher division clubs come in for Darryl.
And then he could show us some loyalty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Feb. 08 2005,15:49)]Look i want to see no heightism on these boards.

So Neil you were going for the well know LM Syndrome.

cool.gif
How do we know Wiggy is telling the truth?

He (or she) could easily be lying. After all, Darryl claims to be 5 foot 10!

I think I have the solution - keep Flavs in goal and stick Griemnk up front because all our strikers are rubbish. Eastwood doesn't score enough, Gray doesn't work hard enough and Dudfield has no guile or creativity and can't beat any defenders!! Joking aside Tilly will do what he has been consistent with - play the players that are playing well. Bart has done nothing wrong, just been unlucky. Flavs has come in and taken his chance and will remain in goal. Thank god we have two quality keepers who we can rely on. For the first time in 8 years we have strength in depth all over the park. Well done Tilly and Brush!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 08 2005,16:25)]Be nice to see one of these higher division clubs come in for Darryl.
Well, according to the Southend United programme, he turned down both Livingstone and Boston in the summer to stay with us. At both Clubs he'd have been first choice but decided to stay with us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 08 2005,17:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Feb. 08 2005,16:32)]For the first time in 8 years we have strength in depth all over the park.  
except left-back and centre midfield
I'd say we're OK for CM but not Right Mid

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Feb. 08 2005,17:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 08 2005,16:25)]Be nice to see one of these higher division clubs come in for Darryl.
Well, according to the Southend United programme, he turned down both Livingstone and Boston in the summer to stay with us. At both Clubs he'd have been first choice but decided to stay with us.
and Havant and Waterlooville. Dont forget them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Feb. 08 2005,17:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Feb. 08 2005,16:32)]For the first time in 8 years we have strength in depth all over the park.  
Yeah, good point. But if Maher and Bents are both injured/suspended it means a few players out of position, like Hunt or Petts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 08 2005,17:17)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Yeah, good point. But if Maher and Bents are both injured/suspended it means a few players out of position, like Hunt or Petts
I would have said that Petts natural position would in the middle of the park.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Feb. 08 2005,17:19)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
so would Petts. Sadly his height says different.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 08 2005,17:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Feb. 08 2005,17:19)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
so would Petts. Sadly his height says different.
Well if Petts thinks its his natural position that its gotta be, so surely moving Petts into the middle of the park wouldn't be playing him out of position?!

Back