• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blimey. What a miserable bunch of negative comments.

We scored 4 goals away at a side renowned for keeping clean sheets!

Thought there were so many good things about our goals as well

I didn't go today so relying on the goal highlights... but it further confirms for me that Ferdinand and Kyprianou are not the answer. Ferdinand is out of his depth at moment without a commanding partner and Kyprianou for a tall bloke is lower League Two for me at best at the moment. The first goal looks bad for Anton but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as I dont think he expected the defender there or that Oxley or the full back not dealing. Even so there is a lethargy and stiffness in him which reminds me of Barrett early last season. Maybe if has Turner or Kiernan as a partner things might improve. The first goal was awful and although the second wasn't great it was mainly down to an individual mistake by Kyprianou.

On to the positives of which it looked there were many. Great to see Lenny getting forward more and no doubt as a result of Wright's inclusion. The move for our second goal was fantastic and Glash's finish was sensational. Wasn't the best header from Cox - Keeper might be disappointed and that was probably just a penalty as although the defenders legs were clumsy Nile certainly made a meal of it.

Two home games... if we get all 6.. who knows.

Have to agree there. Harry to go to left back with another centre back in there to give Ferdinand more cover. Maybe White but preferably one of the other two...

I hate myself for saying it after scoring 4 away from home & getting the win, but their 2nd goal really p**d me off. Total lack of professionalism which will cost us if we don't cut it out. Obviously happy to get the points.

Although Harry made a bit of a balls up for their consolation, I'm glad he had his head in his hands. I hope he doesn't feel too bad. He's been largely excellent for the last three games, and an error when we were three goals to the good was the best time to do it. Chin up Harry, I'd still have him starting v Afc personally.

Having initially seen the goals on C5, I've had another look on here :-

Fleetwood 0 Southend 1 - Quality delivery from Macca. Said for some time that he and Wordy have the best delivery in the club. They should always be on set-pieces.

Fleetwood 1 Southend 1 - Caught cold. if you watch their scorer, he starts really wide and deep. Level with Josh Wright. Ferdy and Kyps* aren't overly alive to the risk, but many people wouldn't be. Once it was over Ferdy's head, it bounced too far ahead for him to get back. Oxley did the right thing to try and come out, but their fella got a brave header in. Fair play to him.

Fleetwood 1 Southend 2 - Quality move and goal. Cox drops deep and the link up play was top drawer. Class goal.

Fleetwood 1 Southend 3 - Nile shows why he is such a threat. Made a really good initial run and was a nice early pass in by Lenny. Cool penalty, as well.

Fleetwood 1 Southend 4 - Fortune and McGlash do really well for this one. I really think they are both far better impact players. Have always felt that.

Fleetwood 2 Southend 4 - That was a quality early ball in with pace and behind Kyps. Not easy to wrap your foot around that as it flies across you. I wouldn't blame him, personally. Just a good ball into the danger area.

Also, Lenny does superb for the sending off. Anticipating the chance and nicking it off the toes of their fella. We are at out best when we press up the field. Like we did at Sheffield United last season and at home to Bradford.

More of the same and we'll become a really good side this season. :thumbsup:

*Yep, definitely this is his nickname for me!

A welcome three points and a goal glut. Before we get too carried away, Fleetwood looked the worst side we have played so far and clearly something has gone wrong there after such a good season last time. They allowed us time and space on the ball and at last the midfield looked constructive and inventive, keeping the ball on the deck instead of hoofing it, resulting in an excellent second goal. However, we can't count on playing against ten men every week and the manner in which we conceded the two goals was alarming, lapses in concentration which will cost us dear if not eradicated in the future.

Shame the highlights didn't include the tipped-over Demetriou shot, that would have been goal of the season if the keeper hadn't got fingers to it.

Great to see us bang in a few goals and get a win. We are still struggling at the back though. That was schoolboy defending from Ferdinand for their first!

The trouble is, Ferdinand sees it coming over his head but hasn't got the speed to recover. It was as well Oxley did arrive late(ish) in hindsight. He clatters into Bell, and maybe it's a red. The second goal was a poor decision. Head the thing out for a corner, and all is well. How long do we wait for White, Turner and Kiernan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what the big deal is about Nile taking his boot off. He did the same thing at Wimbledon last season and no-one batted an eyelid.

Not sure what the big deal is about Nile taking his boot off. He did the same thing at Wimbledon last season and no-one batted an eyelid.

Because he's not a gangster and he needs to keep his nose clean. He brings it all onto himself, when will he learn. He's in the public eye at the moment and doing what he did just doesn't help at all.

agree he did the same at Wimbledon no one took any notice what a fuss about nothing with whats happening in the world at the moment

Difference is that against The Wombles he was pretending to be a YouTube chef, whereas yesterday he thought he was Tony Montana

tumblr_oig38vkvet1t553g0o1_400.gif

Back