• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fm2013 Network game

markw

Manager⭐
Right then this was discussed on the other thread but thought i would put details here.

One person sets it up and then writes the server name here, then everyone else joins that game.

To set it up we need to decide a few timing based things, if whoever wants in goes onto create new game, then online game they can see the options. Then we can discuss here what we think?

I did look at this a few months back and it didn't work without downloading the server!

Happy to give it another go.

Shall we take a look tonight and see what the gig is unless anyone is at home now and wants to take a look?

Not played on FM13 before but Beefy Kenny and I (and about 5 others) once had an online game going for a season.

Didnt need a server, just a PC running a network game, has it changed?

I can set it all up here (but it is on a laptop that may die soon.... so if someone has a desktop that is decentish that would be a better bet)

the choices for processing are:
  • fewer stops in play to increase the duration of each processing break
  • allowing the game to continue automatically after one of the below conditions are filled:
  • browsing limit of x minutes
  • pre match time limit
  • in match time limit
  • not responding to a mass message after x minutes
  • auto stop(when everyone has finished for the day) after x% of users have requested
  • and amount of time between auto stops

not all of these have to be on some can have no time limit
There is also an option of using saturday and wednesday matchdays to ensure everyone plays at the same time

as for the server... the person who sets it up is in control as the save file is on their pc, they set it up as an "online game" and then we find that game on the "join network game" and then we add a manager into their game

Certainly make sure all games are played on a saturday is checked or youll find you are having to wait for the one person who plays Monday night.

I ran it before and its straight forward, but you may need to portforward to the PC running it, unless you connect via steam or some clever way now.

Certainly make sure all games are played on a saturday is checked or youll find you are having to wait for the one person who plays Monday night.

I ran it before and its straight forward, but you may need to portforward to the PC running it, unless you connect via steam or some clever way now.

its via steam now... but i just dont trust my laptop enough to run it from here as i wouldnt want the blame when it dies and loses everything:sad:

That sounds much simpler. Used to have to connect to an IP address, not exactly user friendly.

It is good fun, although its best if you are all able to put aside some regular times to play. Think we used to do 2 evenings a week.

All chose a Championship side so we would have to play each other and also have play-offs to play for.

Good shout that Jam Man. In your experience, best to set a limit to a certain number of players? Best to get firm commitments on availability to. Nothing worse than setting it all up and having half the players bail out.

We had about 6 or 7 playing at one time I think, slowed down a bit, but internet connections are better now.

Best way is to try to get firm commitments to play on X day (if they dont turn up the assistant manager does it for them). It was easier for us because most of the players worked for the same company so we knew they would be there, plus the next day there would be some banter about the night before!

Id also suggest letting Assistant manager take care of friendlies or preseason takes forever. We found the first nights play was just taking care of pre-season and that was without friendlies.

Id consider it, depends when you are doing it, I get about a bit for work these days.

We found Sunday evenings a good bet for one of the nights, less people go out then.

Id consider it, depends when you are doing it, I get about a bit for work these days.

We found Sunday evenings a good bet for one of the nights, less people go out then.
sundays are always a good shout for one of the two days but as for the other day? weeknights are usually a pain (not for students like me but for grown ups:winking:)

sundays are always a good shout for one of the two days but as for the other day? weeknights are usually a pain (not for students like me but for grown ups:winking:)

Im a proper grown up, but Wednesdays always seem to be a good one. No SUFC games, and can watch Champions League games at same time.

Im a proper grown up, but Wednesdays always seem to be a good one. No SUFC games, and can watch Champions League games at same time.
there is our two days :)

if for whatever reason someone cant play during that day does the assistant do it for them?

Count me in, but I'm not hosting it as I will be upgrading connection within the next week.

I can't host. My internet is too unreliable for that! Bloody Sky
i can host... my internet is super reliable... however if you host that means you have to be in on the wednesday and sunday? and for the next month or so i may be away on the sundays :(

Good luck. I've been playing an online FM11 game with 5 friends on Monday nights for over 2 years now, it's not the quickest but it's good fun playing with others. We're onto season 2024/25 now.

Back