• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Fossetts Farm 1,300 homes to be decided next week

And the public now get excluded when it turns interesting (financials) !

How many of those councillors brought up Planning Matters when it was not a Planning meeting ?

If this goes on and there is a change of policy and planning for both sites got binned what would actually happen to our football club ?

And the public now get excluded when it turns interesting (financials) !

How many of those councillors brought up Planning Matters when it was not a Planning meeting ?
I didn't view all of the meeting, but I was initially surprised at how many cllrs asked questions where the answer was very much in the meeting papers - I thought they were lazy/stupid and hadn't read the documents. But I actually think it's politics, getting questions/concerns/queries on record and of course the verbal answer from leader of the cllr on record.

On planning - best time to get requests in is before an application is submitted. Planning committee is too late, so I can excuse those

I didn't view all of the meeting, but I was initially surprised at how many cllrs asked questions where the answer was very much in the meeting papers - I thought they were lazy/stupid and hadn't read the documents. But I actually think it's politics, getting questions/concerns/queries on record and of course the verbal answer from leader of the cllr on record.

On planning - best time to get requests in is before an application is submitted. Planning committee is too late, so I can excuse those
councillors lazy and stupid? Never... 😬

Yep, the beginning of scrutiny.

It has already been said in the meeting that the planning application will almost definitely get called in.

Imagine that happening under a potentially Labour government......don't think they'd be able to countenance the currently-planned social housing %age....
Surely that must be a big worry with the associated delays.

Yep, the beginning of scrutiny.

It has already been said in the meeting that the planning application will almost definitely get called in.

Imagine that happening under a potentially Labour government......don't think they'd be able to countenance the currently-planned social housing %age....
I wouldn’t be too concerned about that- I think if anything the drive to build will be greater.
One thing I find interesting is the use of the phrase ‘social housing’. The wider development will be ‘social housing’ as it will be controlled and then ultimately owned by SBC? It will be their stock to rent? I think the question is more about affordability- all be it as others have intimated the concept of ‘affordable’ housing is purely for political convenience rather than actually providing anything truly affordable.

When will all of this madness come to an end FFS.

All we want is Rat gone and let the consortium get on with rebuilding and stabilising the club.

If this takes too long it will have a big effect on the clubs ability to attract players as no season cards can be sold.

I don't think planning permission, once granted, can be 'binned'. It can expire if construction doesn't commence within the time period of 3 years.
I’m not sure when that 3 year period started with the current planning consent which is now being changed. We’re now hearing this change will be ‘called in’. Does that mean the possibility of refusing the new plans and maintaining the current consent and at what point does that current consent lapse. The FF development plan seems critical for SUFC. In every other respect it sounds pretty **** frankly. Can SUFC survive without it ? Is it life and death critical the revised plans go through ?

Surely if nothing positive comes out before end of this month we need to ramp the pressure back up on Ron?? We are in the exact same position we was last year. He will kill us over his own greed
That will achieve nothing at the moment. The council needs to complete its work.

We can be angry at Ron Martin for getting our football club so horribly tangled up in his shady little web that all this council stuff is even necessary, rather than it being a straightforward football club transaction. But it's happened, and speeding up the current situation isn't in his gift.

I’m not sure when that 3 year period started with the current planning consent which is now being changed. We’re now hearing this change will be ‘called in’. Does that mean the possibility of refusing the new plans and maintaining the current consent and at what point does that current consent lapse. The FF development plan seems critical for SUFC. In every other respect it sounds pretty **** frankly. Can SUFC survive without it ? Is it life and death critical the revised plans go through ?
I think it was in 2023, so not expiring soon.

I suspect The 'changes' will be a completely new planning application rather than a change to existing planning permission.

If the new plans were refused then the existing permission would remain, subject to the timescales of starting within 3 years.

I suspect it is critical that the new plans are passed.

Back