• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not heard of the substance before, but it's clearly marketed in Russia for performance benefits. No idea what 'medical condition' she could claim she was taking it for, seeing as it isn't FDA approved. Basically suggests she's been using it 'legally' for performance reasons but has been a div and not checked when WADA updated their list. Oops.

Not heard of the substance before, but it's clearly marketed in Russia for performance benefits. No idea what 'medical condition' she could claim she was taking it for, seeing as it isn't FDA approved. Basically suggests she's been using it 'legally' for performance reasons but has been a div and not checked when WADA updated their list. Oops.

As much as I agree she's in the wrong (and actually applaud her for accepting that and accepting full responsibility), I do have a certain amount of sympathy for her. This is something that she's been using for 10 years, and is prescribed by her doctor.

The mistake she has made is to not look at the email she was sent, and not open the attachment, and not send that on to her doctor for advice. She's in the wrong, and ought to be punished, but I don't see her as a cheat in the same way as other athletes.

I see her on a par with someone like Alain Baxter.

As much as I agree she's in the wrong (and actually applaud her for accepting that and accepting full responsibility), I do have a certain amount of sympathy for her. This is something that she's been using for 10 years, and is prescribed by her doctor.

The mistake she has made is to not look at the email she was sent, and not open the attachment, and not send that on to her doctor for advice. She's in the wrong, and ought to be punished, but I don't see her as a cheat in the same way as other athletes.

I agree. ****-up rather than conspiracy I would say.

Still waiting for Nadal to get properly busted...

Yeah completely agree, but what a ****ing major **** up. Jeez. You'd think that someone with her worth and value would have one trusted person who's job it was to make sure nothing like this could ever happen. Do feel a bit sorry for her to be honest, because I doubt she's the worst offender on the tour and she's going to pay for all of the frustration and rumours that surround tennis right now.

Yeah completely agree, but what a ****ing major **** up. Jeez. You'd think that someone with her worth and value would have one trusted person who's job it was to make sure nothing like this could ever happen. Do feel a bit sorry for her to be honest, because I doubt she's the worst offender on the tour and she's going to pay for all of the frustration and rumours that surround tennis right now.

And here's an interesting quote from the head of Russian tennis:

"I think Sharapova will play at the Olympics.

"The sportsmen take what they are given by the physiotherapists and by the doctors. However, we will need to see how this will develop."

That kind of explains why Russian athletics is in the mess it is.

Back