• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones

I found it a bit dull yesterday, but then Ive read the books so the trial wasnt particularly interesting.
I read the books too.. but by this point i was getting so bored/annoyed at all the pointless chapters that i have forgotten most of what happens

You've read the books? You never mentioned that before! ;)

Im keeping it on the down low.

Im actually reading them for the second time, I might start tweeting every time I finish a page just so people know, Id hate them to think I was just watching the show as I was too lazy to read the books. Which I have done, Ive read the books. And other books, which I might start listing everytime I mention Ive read the books.

There are books? Why didn't someone tell me? :dim:

Sorry MK, there are books of Game of Thrones books. I have read them. The books that is.

Most other forums (fora?!) have their GOT discussion spoiled by people who've read the books. I'm glad no one has read the books on here!

I agree that it's good that the Theon storyline finally seems to be going somewhere. I guess with Yara knowing what they've done, it'll be a case of if she can warn people before sneeky-Reek can get there and do whatever Bolton has got planned.

Definitely not SFW, but digging into Shea's earlier career is certainly interesting!:smile:

Most other forums (fora?!) have their GOT discussion spoiled by people who've read the books. I'm glad no one has read the books on here!

I agree that it's good that the Theon storyline finally seems to be going somewhere. I guess with Yara knowing what they've done, it'll be a case of if she can warn people before sneeky-Reek can get there and do whatever Bolton has got planned.

Definitely not SFW, but digging into Shea's earlier career is certainly interesting!:smile:

Actually although no one would know,I have read the books.

However my memory is so **** I cant remember half of it and Napster had to fill me in on some of the details, hence Im re-reading !

However my memory is so **** I cant remember half of it and Napster had to fill me in on some of the details, hence Im re-reading !

My missus is the same, she's read the books but forgets most of the stuff.

I only watch the show (read book 1 but no more) and forget stuff too - like I was reminded that Bronn was originally Tyrion's champion, and a lot of the Davos pirate stuff I'd forgotten. Also, the reveal from Lysa/Littlefinger about Jon Arryn - that kicked off the whole bloody thing but I forgot that too!!

I often wonder if some off the ladies who take their robes off very often have a background in naughty films.

Also, with them changing a hell of a lot of the content lately, despite having read the books (Oh by the way, there are books, you should read them, I get the impression they're right up your street!) I still find myself constantly surprised (and often perplexed) with the TV series.

My missus is the same, she's read the books but forgets most of the stuff.

I only watch the show (read book 1 but no more) and forget stuff too - like I was reminded that Bronn was originally Tyrion's champion, and a lot of the Davos pirate stuff I'd forgotten. Also, the reveal from Lysa/Littlefinger about Jon Arryn - that kicked off the whole bloody thing but I forgot that too!!

Its those details that I have completely forgotten. I couldnt remember who had tried to Kill Bran with the dagger, or who poisoned Joffery either.

All pretty pivotal events in the story line, these books are hard work, they should make a TV show out of them.

Hello I'm ESB and I think that's a terrible idea. Who'd watch that rubbish :dim:

To be honest I don't belong to the "GOT is simply amazing camp" - the first 2 seasons were hard work and had a lot of pacing issues IMO, which they still don't seem to have mastered. I think this season so far has been pretty decent, and every now and again you get reminded why the small details are important (in particular, Tyrions trial and his history). I can definitely see why people don't really like it, just like with The Wire. But at least with The Wire it did the wondering storyline to perfection, where sometimes GOT can feel aimless.

To be honest I don't belong to the "GOT is simply amazing camp" - the first 2 seasons were hard work and had a lot of pacing issues IMO, which they still don't seem to have mastered. I think this season so far has been pretty decent, and every now and again you get reminded why the small details are important (in particular, Tyrions trial and his history). I can definitely see why people don't really like it, just like with The Wire. But at least with The Wire it did the wondering storyline to perfection, where sometimes GOT can feel aimless.

Loved pretty much every episode, and the shocks (Ned Stark/Red Wedding) are just that. Great telly.

Loved pretty much every episode, and the shocks (Ned Stark/Red Wedding) are just that. Great telly.

The shocks are great, but sometimes I want to see a goodie get some justice every now and again, rather than some of the descents into evil and misery which it seems to enjoy.

For example... the Ayra "fine little blade; maybe I'll pick my teeth with it." moment was great, she finally got some revenge. But even then you're watching a young girl turn into a cold-blooded killer and you can't help but get too excited about that.

But even then you're watching a young girl turn into a cold-blooded killer and you can't help but get too excited about that.
It gets you too excited? You may have issues!

Started watching this last Friday. Am now on Season 1 Episode 6. Where have I been? This **** is incredible!

Back