• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Deegan

Must be in the minority that's glad to see the back of him, hugely over rated, and an arsehole too by all accounts

Certainly true that 5,000 Gillingham fans thought so when they booed him off. After he had bossed the mid-field down at their place for 60mins.

Agree with CMRandall92. Poor positional sense,no pace,not as hard as people make out.

Must be in the minority that's glad to see the back of him, hugely over rated, and an arsehole too by all accounts

Not all accounts, he always spoke to fans near the home dug out at RH; and was also very pleasant when I met/spoke with him while we both were dog walking in Old Leigh a few months ago.

Not all accounts, he always spoke to fans near the home dug out at RH; and was also very pleasant when I met/spoke with him while we both were dog walking in Old Leigh a few months ago.

When you look at the what's new section this post ends with ......we both were dog....

Am I the only one who rushed to see where this post was going:smile:

Happy to drink and chat regularly in the Mariners with some blokes I know too. According to them he was always very pleasant company.

A decent squad player, done a job. Wish him all the best, did put it in for us but I don't think it's a massive loss. I think we'll replace him quite easily

A decent squad player, done a job. Wish him all the best, did put it in for us but I don't think it's a massive loss. I think we'll replace him quite easily

Yes - a decent player and it seems a decent chap off the pitch as well.

I suspect Kentblues has it right when Deegs knew he had an offer in his pocket before cancelling the contract - and good luck to him - a 2 year contract is not to be sneezed at - and Shrewsbury is a nice place to live, they have a decent ground and I think he has made a good move for himself.

I think Deegs was over-rated by quite a few ..... but I also feel for Deegs and some of our other midfielders who have to try to cement a place in the team when the formation, tactics and team mates are changing from game to game.

Good luck Deegs - all the best.
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

Last edited:
Decent chap off the pitch? Whenever I met him, complete p****

Didn't he get a good hiding in the streets of Edinburgh when he played for Hibs. Although that could of course been an unprovoked attack by some Jambo's

Agree and i can personally confirm he is a prick as he told me to **** off at the gala when i asked for a pic, after 7 pints i was steaming to smack him but glad i didnt as he would of probably beaten me up then gone and kicked my nan

Good luck to him but the guy is not good enough to start in a league 1 side. Adequate cover at best which we certainly don't need in center midfield.

Agree and i can personally confirm he is a prick as he told me to **** off at the gala when i asked for a pic, after 7 pints i was steaming to smack him but glad i didnt as he would of probably beaten me up then gone and kicked my nan
Why would he do that ? Is it possible the 7 pints made you act like a tit hence his reaction ?

Deegs gone may mean Tims stays (and plays) more often AND that for me is a better option, most of the time.

Back