• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gascoigne Friday

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Oct. 05 2004,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 05 2004,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Oct. 05 2004,15:32)]Shilton
oops. another one I missed. OK, I'll have to do another one for next programme.

biggrin.gif
Ian Botham for Sc**thorpe?

Peter Beardsley for Hartlepool?
I wouldn't call Beardsley a star the same way I do Best, Charlton, Banks and Lawton.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 05 2004,16:38)]Have we ever played Stuart "Psycho" Pearce...  Surely, given his longevity at Forest, we must have played him at some point in time...?

rock.gif
Would he not of been in the Wet Sham side when we played them a few seasons ago ?

Brian Robson played against us for middlesborough in div1 when he was player manager.

Best performance i have seen from a player at roots hall was Georgie Kindkladze, but he is hardly a legend

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Oct. 05 2004,15:43)]Brian Robson played against us for middlesborough in div1 when he was player manager.

Best performance i have seen from a player at roots hall was Georgie Kindkladze, but he is hardly a legend
ah, OK. Missed that one.

Yeah, I'm saving that for a later programme.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 05 2004,15:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Oct. 05 2004,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 05 2004,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Oct. 05 2004,15:32)]Shilton
oops. another one I missed. OK, I'll have to do another one for next programme.

biggrin.gif
Ian Botham for Sc**thorpe?

Peter Beardsley for Hartlepool?
I wouldn't call Beardsley a star the same way I do Best, Charlton, Banks and Lawton.
Ok, what about Paul Weller when he played for Burnley?

And didn't Michael Jackson play for someone in the lower leagues? Preston or someone?

tounge.gif

Micheal bolton for brentford. Or maybe he just looked like him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 05 2004,16:09)]This week, I wrote about stars that have played against us. The best was Best. Can anyone guess who the others were? There are three.
Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis - QPR 1975
Half the bloody Derby team were superstars when we lost 1-0 in the 5th round of the FA Cup (1976 I think)
How about the Sid Broomfield testamonial at the end of the 73-4 season vs Chelsea ?
laugh.gif

kevin keegan played against us for sc**thorpe on a couple of occaisions. i remember him saying he allways liked playing against us becouse there was allways a decent in attendance

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 05 2004,15:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 05 2004,16:09)]This week, I wrote about stars that have played against us. The best was Best. Can anyone guess who the others were? There are three.
Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis - QPR 1975
Yeah, I forgot those as well.

sad.gif

Frank Worthington played for Stockport against us in the early 80's. The score was nil nil, but big Frank scored with a forty yard volley, only for it to be ruled offside.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 05 2004,15:55)]Dennis Wise? Michael Carrick? Joe Cole?
Legends, all 3 of them. I couldn't find a place for all three of them in my Greatest ever World XI and so Cole had to sit on the bench.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 05 2004,16:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 05 2004,15:55)]Dennis Wise? Michael Carrick? Joe Cole?
Legends, all 3 of them. I couldn't find a place for all three of them in my Greatest ever World XI and so Cole had to sit on the bench.
And I should hope so too

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 05 2004,17:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 05 2004,16:11)]Of course, we had Teddy Sheringham and Sergei Rebrov play against us only a couple of weeks ago, as well...

Matt
not legends.

wow.gif
Ah, didn't realise they had to reach legendary status. Still, Mr. Sheringham's getting close... anyone who scores with his sense of timing in a European Cup Final is definitely drawing near to legendary status, IMHO. It would be hard to argue convincingly as to Batistuta's legend over Sheringham's, for example...

rock.gif

Rebrov, though, I grant you. Some good games alongside Shevchenko does not confer upon someone legendary status...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 05 2004,17:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 05 2004,16:26)] Some good games alongside Shevchenko does not confer upon someone legendary status...
Nope otherwise we'd all be legends.
I have to confess that I played pretty poorly last time Andriy and I had a kick-about...

tounge.gif

Back