• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'll be there as well, we'll have to try and meet up for SZ Boxing beer.

I've been quite fortunate with live events recently, and I know he got ridiculed because of the card and the fact it was on Dave, but I had a great time at Haye's last fight, and as such have tickets to his next bout too.

Definitely as it stands the two lads I normally watch boxing with are in the Falklands. So going to have to find someone to go with. When are the tickets on sale?

Definitely as it stands the two lads I normally watch boxing with are in the Falklands. So going to have to find someone to go with. When are the tickets on sale?

Tickets on sale on Wednesday to the Matchroom Fight Pass lot, then O2 Priority on Thursday & General Sale on Friday. Don't forget to check fighters websites and/or contact them directly. They sell their own tickets aswell. You can normally find contact info for them on their website or Twitter etc.

David Haye .

Wouldn't surprise me! Fury loves talking out of his arse. Wouldn't even fight him for £100 million. :winking:

Can't see it.

Firstly, Fury's contractually obliged to face Wlad next. Unless Wlad confirms he's retiring, then it can't be anyone other than Wlad. If so, then Fury loses all the belts, and his rankings. I'd be excited about this "announcement", if Wlad had retired or even hinted towards it. But for the time being, I think he's set on the rematch.

Secondly, the Wlad rematch is the most financially rewarding fight for Fury. Especially with the belts on the line. A crazy billionaire could have popped up & offered them fortunes, but then that would mean Tyson relinquishing the belts. The offer would have to be cast-iron guarenteed, aswell as an astronomical figure, for him to even consider that. Especially against Haye. I'm not ruling out a fight between the two, in the future. Just not yet.

Thirdly, appart from Haye, there's literally no-one else who'd be able to bring anything to the table. Wilder is tied up with his mandatory defence against Povetkin. Martin now has AJ. That leaves.... Er, no-one. There simply isn't another fight available, where the money would be the same & the stakes would be the same, because again, Fury would have to relinquish the belts.

My origional thought, was the tweet was related to Hughie Fury. But let's say it is Tyson-related, I'd say it's just Tyson being Tyson. More nonsensical ramblings of a mad man.

Khan running his mouth saying Mayweather was too scared to fight him! How about keep your mouth shut and prove yourself against Canelo! Then maybe you can start bumping your gums about 'how amazing' you are.

Khan running his mouth saying Mayweather was too scared to fight him! How about keep your mouth shut and prove yourself against Canelo! Then maybe you can start bumping your gums about 'how amazing' you are.

As much as I hate to agree with Khan, he's got a legitimate point. Despite Floyd's impressive CV, he did bow out* in ridiculous circumstances, when many fans, both American & British wanted to see him face a "live" opponent. Short of stepping up in weight, Khan & possibly Thurman would have been the only two worthy of that "live" billing. Even then though, I don't think Khan would have stood a chance in the fight itself, but he does have a slight point.

*Im still not convinced Floyd will stay retired.

As much as I hate to agree with Khan, he's got a legitimate point. Despite Floyd's impressive CV, he did bow out* in ridiculous circumstances, when many fans, both American & British wanted to see him face a "live" opponent. Short of stepping up in weight, Khan & possibly Thurman would have been the only two worthy of that "live" billing. Even then though, I don't think Khan would have stood a chance in the fight itself, but he does have a slight point.

*Im still not convinced Floyd will stay retired.

But I don't think he's running scared. Maybe he didn't think the money was good enough for any of his potential fights. He's waiting for that fight that the money will top the Pacquaio fight. Khan is going to get battered by Canelo and then Kell Brook will end his career and he will end up fighting nobody's.

But I don't think he's running scared. Maybe he didn't think the money was good enough for any of his potential fights. He's waiting for that fight that the money will top the Pacquaio fight. Khan is going to get battered by Canelo and then Kell Brook will end his career and he will end up fighting nobody's.

Oh I fully agree, at no point was/is Floyd running scared of Khan.

Interestingly, in other news, I see Pacman has enraged the gay community, by saying they're effectively dumber than animals.
As a generally well liked, well supported, humble, future hall of famer, national idol and political candidate, I think it's lucky his name isn't Tyson Fury.

Oh I fully agree, at no point was/is Floyd running scared of Khan.

Interestingly, in other news, I see Pacman has enraged the gay community, by saying they're effectively dumber than animals.
As a generally well liked, well supported, humble, future hall of famer, national idol and political candidate, I think it's lucky his name isn't Tyson Fury.

He's a proper God botherer though so I bet he said it with no serious intention of upsetting anyone in the gay community. Just drivel that's been ingrained into him whilst at church or reading the bible.

Sounding like the winner of the Canelo vs Khan fight will face GGG.

Sounding like the winner of the Canelo vs Khan fight will face GGG.

Canelo's been ducking Golovkin for a fair while now. Would be a very good fight, if they can ever get it made.

On the flip side, I'd probably love to see Khan Vs Golovkin, even more though. Glass beard Vs The most devastating puncher on the planet? Yes please.

Canelo's been ducking Golovkin for a fair while now. Would be a very good fight, if they can ever get it made.

On the flip side, I'd probably love to see Khan Vs Golovkin, even more though. Glass beard Vs The most devastating puncher on the planet? Yes please.

Shame it will never happen. Khan is never getting passed Canelo in a million years. Then Brook is going to destroy him. Brook is more likely to fight GGG than Khan.

Shame it will never happen. Khan is never getting passed Canelo in a million years. Then Brook is going to destroy him. Brook is more likely to fight GGG than Khan.

I dunno. I keep going back and forth on the Khan-Canelo fight. Every drop of rationale & common sense tells me Canelo wins at a canter. But there's this thing in my mind that if Khan is disciplined, & boxes to the specific gameplan for 12 rounds, then there is a chance....

No way Hearn puts Brook in with Golovkin. Far too risky.

I'm losing patience & respect for Brook these days. Take the Porter fight out of the picture, and just look at his resume. It's nothing but bum after bum. His title reign has been underwhelming aswell. Defending against no-hopers? His next opponent, This Bizier guy, has lost twice to Jo Jo Dan, in a very recent timespan. That's the same Jo Jo Dan who got poleaxed in a one-sided 4-round blow out, by Brook, last year.

Brook & that **** Hearn need to stop chasing Khan, (who's clearly got no interest in the fight, but seems to love consistently mugging them off) and start making something of his career.

Got Joshua vs Martin tickets, my live boxing virginity will be broken. :smile:

Got Joshua vs Martin tickets, my live boxing virginity will be broken. :smile:

I got nowhere near. Gotta rely on a few people I know getting spares now. Sad times. Have a good night though, you'll love it.

I got nowhere near. Gotta rely on a few people I know getting spares now. Sad times. Have a good night though, you'll love it.

Thanks, it sold out in 90 seconds. I was in the waiting room from the moment it opened at 8.30am I had it on my laptop and iPad just incase. Notice the cheapest two tiers of tickets sold out when I got to the option, had to opt for £80 tickets but there was no way I was missing this.

Thanks, it sold out in 90 seconds. I was in the waiting room from the moment it opened at 8.30am I had it on my laptop and iPad just incase. Notice the cheapest two tiers of tickets sold out when I got to the option, had to opt for £80 tickets but there was no way I was missing this.

Before I say this, I'm gunna be up front & admit to being jealous & bitter. However, I believe my point still carries weight. If I'd have got tickets, I'd still believe it, I just probably wouldn't be wasting my time venting.

So, this whole ticket procedure, from start to finish has been crap. I'm a fightpass member, which meant I Was entitled to tickets on Wednesay. I tried from 9am, til 5pm, which is when they eventually took them off sale. I spoke to someone at Matchroom about 3pm, who assured me there was definitely tickets left, and I'd get some if I kept on trying. She said the system had crashed (it crashed the second they were released tbf) and they were waiting for it to catch up with itself. But there was definitely tickets there for me. Of course, I got nothing. And I wasnt the only one. Plenty of FP members have said the same.

So my fightpass membership & advanced ticket privilege, turned out to be as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit.

Still, I'm also a O2 priority member, which gave me hope. For about 7 minutes, until that was sold out aswell.

Onto Thursday. As a previous buyer, I was entitled to another shot at pre sale tickets. Being in the queue by 8:30, meant nothing, as they were sold out by 9:20. Great. One chance left. General sale :sad:

In the queue at 8:30 again, only to stay there. That's as close as I got. Infact, I was still sitting in the queue at 9:45ish, when I learnt from Twitter, that it had sold out about 10-15mins prior.

So this is my main gripe, once again, it's the fans getting screwed over. The talk of selling out in 90 seconds is ridiculous, and just more hype from that plastic spin merchant. Over half of the upper tier appeared on StubHub literally minutes after they went on sale this morning. That's the true reason it sold out so quick, because IMO, the tickets weren't on sale in the first place. Think about it logically, it's not even possible for someone to purchase tickets in less than 90 seconds. Nevermind thousands of people all trying at once. That's scandalous in itself. It's even worse knowing that that **** Hearn is in partnership with them. How can any so-called-fan of the sport, align themselves with a corporation who actively mace's the fans. No shame when it comes to a pound note, it seems.

I could understand if it was just due to demand & I'd been unlucky. I can take that on the chin. I've had excellent luck with tickets over the years, so it's bound to fail me at some point. However, that simply isn't the case here. Hearn should have made sure ALL his fightpass members got tickets BEFORE they went to O2. Priority tickets is the biggest reason, why people continue to pay their Fightpass memberships. Its like season tickets in football. If Blues drew a big name in the cup next year, and the club said, we're only gunna sell 1000 tickets to seaso's, so first come, first served. The rest of you seaso's will have to enter the scramble & take your chances, when they go on general sale. There'd be uproar.

Again, I'm fully aware that my rant is fuelled by jealously & bitterness. But I've got a point.

Anyway, enjoy it mate. As a seasoned vet of live events, I speak from experience in saying I know you will. That's what makes it even harder, knowing what a great night I'm missing out on :'(

Before I say this, I'm gunna be up front & admit to being jealous & bitter. However, I believe my point still carries weight. If I'd have got tickets, I'd still believe it, I just probably wouldn't be wasting my time venting.

So, this whole ticket procedure, from start to finish has been crap. I'm a fightpass member, which meant I Was entitled to tickets on Wednesay. I tried from 9am, til 5pm, which is when they eventually took them off sale. I spoke to someone at Matchroom about 3pm, who assured me there was definitely tickets left, and I'd get some if I kept on trying. She said the system had crashed (it crashed the second they were released tbf) and they were waiting for it to catch up with itself. But there was definitely tickets there for me. Of course, I got nothing. And I wasnt the only one. Plenty of FP members have said the same.

So my fightpass membership & advanced ticket privilege, turned out to be as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit.

Still, I'm also a O2 priority member, which gave me hope. For about 7 minutes, until that was sold out aswell.

Onto Thursday. As a previous buyer, I was entitled to another shot at pre sale tickets. Being in the queue by 8:30, meant nothing, as they were sold out by 9:20. Great. One chance left. General sale :sad:

In the queue at 8:30 again, only to stay there. That's as close as I got. Infact, I was still sitting in the queue at 9:45ish, when I learnt from Twitter, that it had sold out about 10-15mins prior.

So this is my main gripe, once again, it's the fans getting screwed over. The talk of selling out in 90 seconds is ridiculous, and just more hype from that plastic spin merchant. Over half of the upper tier appeared on StubHub literally minutes after they went on sale this morning. That's the true reason it sold out so quick, because IMO, the tickets weren't on sale in the first place. Think about it logically, it's not even possible for someone to purchase tickets in less than 90 seconds. Nevermind thousands of people all trying at once. That's scandalous in itself. It's even worse knowing that that **** Hearn is in partnership with them. How can any so-called-fan of the sport, align themselves with a corporation who actively mace's the fans. No shame when it comes to a pound note, it seems.

I could understand if it was just due to demand & I'd been unlucky. I can take that on the chin. I've had excellent luck with tickets over the years, so it's bound to fail me at some point. However, that simply isn't the case here. Hearn should have made sure ALL his fightpass members got tickets BEFORE they went to O2. Priority tickets is the biggest reason, why people continue to pay their Fightpass memberships. Its like season tickets in football. If Blues drew a big name in the cup next year, and the club said, we're only gunna sell 1000 tickets to seaso's, so first come, first served. The rest of you seaso's will have to enter the scramble & take your chances, when they go on general sale. There'd be uproar.

Again, I'm fully aware that my rant is fuelled by jealously & bitterness. But I've got a point.

Anyway, enjoy it mate. As a seasoned vet of live events, I speak from experience in saying I know you will. That's what makes it even harder, knowing what a great night I'm missing out on :'(

**** GBJ I didn't realise how hard you had tried! **** I must've been really lucky to get those. I had a feeling the majority of the cheaper seats would've been snapped up by ticket companies and being marked up for double+ the original mark up. That is a load of crap especially as you a fight pass holder. I know it probably won't do a lot but it might be worth having a good rant over email you never know they might sort something.

**** GBJ I didn't realise how hard you had tried! **** I must've been really lucky to get those. I had a feeling the majority of the cheaper seats would've been snapped up by ticket companies and being marked up for double+ the original mark up. That is a load of crap especially as you a fight pass holder. I know it probably won't do a lot but it might be worth having a good rant over email you never know they might sort something.

Mate trust me, you've been double lucky. The actual amount of people like you, who've got those tickets, without being corporate, or buying from a tout, will be a very low number. It says it all, when over half of the upper tier was up for sale on StubHub at 9:10 this morning.

I've got no doubts in my mind, that well over 70% of tickets have gone on corporate & touts. Someone I sort-of know, has got VIP tickets from work. His company deal direct with O2, and they were told that they could have sold out the arena twice over, on corporate sales alone.

Ive done the email, but I already know deep down that I've got more chance of actually facing Joshua in the ring on April 9th, than being part of the crowd. My last & only hope, is that I've got mutual friends with some professional fighters, who fight under the Matchroom banner. There's a tiny, tiny chance I could blag a couple from them, if they're not gone instantly, but after the luck I've had over the past 3 days, I won't hold my breath.

Mate trust me, you've been double lucky. The actual amount of people like you, who've got those tickets, without being corporate, or buying from a tout, will be a very low number. It says it all, when over half of the upper tier was up for sale on StubHub at 9:10 this morning.

I've got no doubts in my mind, that well over 70% of tickets have gone on corporate & touts. Someone I sort-of know, has got VIP tickets from work. His company deal direct with O2, and they were told that they could have sold out the arena twice over, on corporate sales alone.

Ive done the email, but I already know deep down that I've got more chance of actually facing Joshua in the ring on April 9th, than being part of the crowd. My last & only hope, is that I've got mutual friends with some professional fighters, who fight under the Matchroom banner. There's a tiny, tiny chance I could blag a couple from them, if they're not gone instantly, but after the luck I've had over the past 3 days, I won't hold my breath.

Absolutely mental that! How are they allowed to get away with that? Because obviously StubHub have some sort of deal with the o2 to make sure they get hold of these tickets! Would you consider buying tickets at a higher price off StubHub? Or would you just not out of principal.

Back