• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I said from day dot, that Fury beats Joshua. Stylistically, he's all wrong for AJ.

Fury reads the fight so well. He doesn't get flustered & adapts as and when he needs to. Oscar De La Hoya was very similar in that respect. Knew when to box defensively & when t put his foot on the gas.

Whereas AJ has one gear. Forward. His punch range is limited, and I don't think he reads the fight well at all.

Purely on technical ability, Fury is head and shoulders above AJ.

However.... I'm still not convinced that Tyson can come back from such a long lay-off & be as good as he once was. I hope he is, and I hope he embarrasses the racist, former drug-dealing, bodybuilder.

I said from day dot, that Fury beats Joshua. Stylistically, he's all wrong for AJ.

Fury reads the fight so well. He doesn't get flustered & adapts as and when he needs to. Oscar De La Hoya was very similar in that respect. Knew when to box defensively & when t put his foot on the gas.

Whereas AJ has one gear. Forward. His punch range is limited, and I don't think he reads the fight well at all.

Purely on technical ability, Fury is head and shoulders above AJ.

However.... I'm still not convinced that Tyson can come back from such a long lay-off & be as good as he once was. I hope he is, and I hope he embarrasses the racist, former drug-dealing, bodybuilder.

He will still get knighted and Tyson will be the villain in the media and the clueless boxing casuals.

Parker seems to be getting under Joshua’s skin and I’ve seen him lose his rag a little in a few interviews.

For those who don’t know a lot about Joshua’s true character listen to the Boxhard Podcast episode 110. They have an interview with Eddie Chambers on there and he explains the messages he received from the so called saint.

Don’t get me wrong I like Joshua and want him to do well but he is way over hyped! Very limited boxing ability, questionable chin and will struggle against a fully fit Fury. He proved he was still raw and inexperienced in his performance against Takam.

I don’t think Parker will beat him but I could see it going the distance and him losing his 100% KO record. If it goes to the cards regardless of how he gets on it will always go to Joshua as it’s a matchroom card.

He will still get knighted and Tyson will be the villain in the media and the clueless boxing casuals.

Parker seems to be getting under Joshua’s skin and I’ve seen him lose his rag a little in a few interviews.

For those who don’t know a lot about Joshua’s true character listen to the Boxhard Podcast episode 110. They have an interview with Eddie Chambers on there and he explains the messages he received from the so called saint.

Don’t get me wrong I like Joshua and want him to do well but he is way over hyped! Very limited boxing ability, questionable chin and will struggle against a fully fit Fury. He proved he was still raw and inexperienced in his performance against Takam.

I don’t think Parker will beat him but I could see it going the distance and him losing his 100% KO record. If it goes to the cards regardless of how he gets on it will always go to Joshua as it’s a matchroom card.

Parker's problem is he gasses easily. After 5-6 rounds he's normally shot to pieces. That's when AJ will unload & the ref will wave it off.

Parker is such a frustrating boxer. 4-5 years ago, he showed the potential to become the next Klitschko, and stroll into the HoF. But he's just never stepped upto the plate. He's always underwhelming & under par

Did anyone else watch the Usyk v Bredis fight last night? It was an absolute war and a hell of a fight between to great champions with Usyk coming out victorious in the end. A real contender for fight of the year in January already!

IMO neither Joshua or Fury are angels. They both have views I don't agree with and the only real difference is that Joshua is better at keeping a lid on his true feelings and if more media savvy. I admire both of them purely for their boxing now. There are factors that don't seem to make it a foregone conclusion but I see most of those being Fury beating himself rather than Joshua beating him. Fury getting back to fighting shape and being mentally stable (well as stable as fury can be). Joshua can still improve as well of course, so it's a pretty mouthwatering prospect. The cynic in me says that we won't see a revitalised Fury back to his best face Joshua because Joshua is too much of a cash cow and some controversy will stop the fight going ahead.

Did anyone else watch the Usyk v Bredis fight last night? It was an absolute war and a hell of a fight between to great champions with Usyk coming out victorious in the end. A real contender for fight of the year in January already!

Havent seen it, but yeah, reports seems to agree that it was a very good fight.

Being honest, I just can't get behind the Cruiserweight division. It's really poor. Usyk seems a great prospect, but he has absolutely zero competition. He's beat Huck & Glowacki. Lebedev is years past it. Only credible opposition I can see is Gassiev, and even then, I don't see him beating Usyk

Cruiserweight has been poor for a while and that’s how Bellew managed to be a world champion. It’s just not got the talent, attention or money that Heavyweight has which is why people go to that division or light heavy. Usyk will unify and go up to heavy and be a two weight world champ and dominate in heavyweight..... you heard it here first!

Cruiserweight has been poor for a while and that’s how Bellew managed to be a world champion. It’s just not got the talent, attention or money that Heavyweight has which is why people go to that division or light heavy. Usyk will unify and go up to heavy and be a two weight world champ and dominate in heavyweight..... you heard it here first!

I can possibly see him stepping up to the HW ranks, but a world title?

Of the current crop of champions, (Wilder WBC, Parker WBO, Joshua WBA, IBF) who does he beat to claim a belt?

He's just turned 31, so age isn't on his side. AJ, Wilder & Parker look to be fully booked for the next year at least, so he would be at least 18-months away from any kind of title shot. Although, factor into it he'd probably take at least one warm up fight at HW level, just to acclimatise himself & that could push it back a further 6 months. Not to mention the rest of the challengers & mandatories who would have earned their title shots through various eliminators. Afterall, he's not a big enough draw to simply waltz into a title picture. The only reason David Haye did, was due to his antics, which grabbed the fans' attention. So you could be talking a bare minimum of 2-years down the line, although if it were to happen, I'd suspect it would take even longer. All of a sudden he's 33+, in a division he doesn't know, against genuine HW's in their prime.

He fights at 200lbs, whereas Wilder fights at around 230lbs & AJ & Parker are bout 250lbs. That's a massive weight difference, not only to gain, but to then still retain the skills he has. Especially against skilled fighters, who are used to that weight.

I can possibly see him stepping up to the HW ranks, but a world title?

Of the current crop of champions, (Wilder WBC, Parker WBO, Joshua WBA, IBF) who does he beat to claim a belt?

He's just turned 31, so age isn't on his side. AJ, Wilder & Parker look to be fully booked for the next year at least, so he would be at least 18-months away from any kind of title shot. Although, factor into it he'd probably take at least one warm up fight at HW level, just to acclimatise himself & that could push it back a further 6 months. Not to mention the rest of the challengers & mandatories who would have earned their title shots through various eliminators. Afterall, he's not a big enough draw to simply waltz into a title picture. The only reason David Haye did, was due to his antics, which grabbed the fans' attention. So you could be talking a bare minimum of 2-years down the line, although if it were to happen, I'd suspect it would take even longer. All of a sudden he's 33+, in a division he doesn't know, against genuine HW's in their prime.

He fights at 200lbs, whereas Wilder fights at around 230lbs & AJ & Parker are bout 250lbs. That's a massive weight difference, not only to gain, but to then still retain the skills he has. Especially against skilled fighters, who are used to that weight.

I completely get your point regarding age but on the flip side look how dominate Klitschko was around the age of 33. I know he is a natural heavyweight but he was still doing it in his late 30’s.

I feel technically Usyk is a better boxer all around than any of the current heavyweights. He has the pedigree and the chin to be up there in the heavyweight division. I think he beats all of the champs at the moment on boxing skill. He would outbox them all as they’ve all proved they’re not the finished articles or anything to scream home about. The only one he struggles against is a fully fit Tyson Fury! But that’s just my opinion and only time will tell.

I see Amir Khan has confirmed he will be fighting Phil Lo Greco who hasn’t made welterweight since 2010. No doubt a fight that will make Khan look amazing and get all the casuals thinking he can beat anyone. He has come back in a very strong welterweight division. Especially with Crawford stepping up, Spence starting to get fights under his belt, Thurman who is the best in the division. Also you’ve still got the likes of Garcia who would still beat Khan again! He will have a load of warm up fights then fight Brook, lose and then chase the money and try and fight McGregor.

Also hearing rumours there might be an announcement regarding Fury today.

Warrington v Selby at Elland Road, going to get myself tickets for that one.

I completely get your point regarding age but on the flip side look how dominate Klitschko was around the age of 33. I know he is a natural heavyweight but he was still doing it in his late 30’s.

True, but Wlad was special. The kind of fighter who is one in a generation. You can also argue that from the age of 33-39, the level of competition wasn't great. Certainly far worse than what Usyk would have to face.

I feel technically Usyk is a better boxer all around than any of the current heavyweights. He has the pedigree and the chin to be up there in the heavyweight division. I think he beats all of the champs at the moment on boxing skill. He would outbox them all as they’ve all proved they’re not the finished articles or anything to scream home about. The only one he struggles against is a fully fit Tyson Fury! But that’s just my opinion and only time will tell.

Make no mistake, I don't doubt his technical ability, but adding 2-3 stone of weight & retaining that ability, against decent opponents would be a step too far IMO.

I see Amir Khan has confirmed he will be fighting Phil Lo Greco who hasn’t made welterweight since 2010. No doubt a fight that will make Khan look amazing and get all the casuals thinking he can beat anyone. He has come back in a very strong welterweight division. Especially with Crawford stepping up, Spence starting to get fights under his belt, Thurman who is the best in the division. Also you’ve still got the likes of Garcia who would still beat Khan again! He will have a load of warm up fights then fight Brook, lose and then chase the money and try and fight McGregor.

Yeah not an inspiring return, but fully expected. He's been out of the ring for what seems like an age, so he won't be targeting any serious opposition until late this year, maybe even 2019. Had a quick look at Lo Greco's record, and the only noteworthy fights he's had, were against Errol Spence Jr & Shawn Porter, which he lost on both occasions. Add in a low KO ratio & this makes a sensible comeback fight for Khan personally, but obviously it's a bit disappointing to the fans.

Also hearing rumours there might be an announcement regarding Fury today.

Warrington v Selby at Elland Road, going to get myself tickets for that one.

Haven't heard any Tyson rumours on the grapevine, although wouldn't be shocked to see his return at Elland Road. Frank Warren knows that whatever show Tyson returns on, will be a big draw for the fans, which will give added interest to the Warrington-Selby fight, which IMO will struggle to sell.

As for getting tickets... Urgh. Rather you than me. Warrington's fights are famous for attracting a bad crowd

Aren’t the majority of Frank Warren fights known for attracting the wrong crowds!

GGG v Canelo 2 has been confirmed just need to confirm venue. This is one I’m trying to convince the wife to go with me too! I’m desperate to visit Vegas for a fight and there won’t be one bigger than this in a good long while!

Fury has been stripped of his Ring Magazine belt.

Fury has been stripped of his Ring Magazine belt.

I'm surprised he managed to hold it for so long TBH. With the of his inactivity, it was only a matter of time.

I see Lomachenko & Jorge Linares have been having a bit of back & forth. Seems Loma is ready to make he inevitable step up to Lightweight. There's some excellent fights for him at that weight, and Linares would be an exceptional start.

I'm surprised he managed to hold it for so long TBH. With the of his inactivity, it was only a matter of time.

I see Lomachenko & Jorge Linares have been having a bit of back & forth. Seems Loma is ready to make he inevitable step up to Lightweight. There's some excellent fights for him at that weight, and Linares would be an exceptional start.

Linares has to get past Mickey Garcia before he can even think about Lomachenko. And for me Garcia beats Linares, especially after his lacklustre display against Gesta.

Linares has to get past Mickey Garcia before he can even think about Lomachenko. And for me Garcia beats Linares, especially after his lacklustre display against Gesta.

Not neccessarily. Even though the WBC have ordered Linares-Garcia, this fight is still possible, with Garcia facing the winner. The rumours are May 12th has been slated for them to fight.

If I had to put my neck on the line, I'd say Linares-Loma happens before Garcia-Linares.

The main stumbling block is if Bob Arum & Oscar De La Hoya can work together.

Not neccessarily. Even though the WBC have ordered Linares-Garcia, this fight is still possible, with Garcia facing the winner. The rumours are May 12th has been slated for them to fight.

If I had to put my neck on the line, I'd say Linares-Loma happens before Garcia-Linares.

The main stumbling block is if Bob Arum & Oscar De La Hoya can work together.

I’ve had a read through all the tweets looks like they’re gunning for each other. Brave from Linares!

Povetkin is now on the undercard of AJ v Parker fighting David Price. Brave from Price, can’t see him lasting long against Povetkin. Price loves fighting drugs cheats.

What’s everyone’s views on the British beef card this weekend? Okolie and Chamberlain two young British prospects fighting each other early on. Great to see it happening and I would like to see Chamberlain win he’s been sparring with some top fighters including Usyk.

I’ve had a read through all the tweets looks like they’re gunning for each other. Brave from Linares!

A truly excellent fight, and up there with one of the best that could be made ATM.

Povetkin is now on the undercard of AJ v Parker fighting David Price. Brave from Price, can’t see him lasting long against Povetkin. Price loves fighting drugs cheats.

Really weird move for Price. His only hope of winning is if Povetkin has developed incredibly bad ring rust.

I'm not overly sure what he wants from his career these days. Does he consider himself a genuine threat at World/Elite level? Or is he happy to be a big-name stepping stone? Can't work it out. Shame, because as I've mentioned before, when I met Pricey, it totally changed my opinion of him. He is a genuine, down to earth, good guy, who I'd like to see do well.

Also, I would safely assume that Hearn bringing Povetkin to a UK audience, indicates potential future plans with AJ. No other reason for having him (or Price) on the card TBH. A pessimist might say that all the talk of Wilder & Fury fights were total bollocks.

What’s everyone’s views on the British beef card this weekend? Okolie and Chamberlain two young British prospects fighting each other early on. Great to see it happening and I would like to see Chamberlain win he’s been sparring with some top fighters including Usyk.

Meh. The fact you can still get "good" tickets for £40 speaks volumes.

Also, any card that has Carson Jones as one of the chief supports, isn't one to get excited about. IMO, obviously.

A truly excellent fight, and up there with one of the best that could be made ATM.

Really weird move for Price. His only hope of winning is if Povetkin has developed incredibly bad ring rust.

I'm not overly sure what he wants from his career these days. Does he consider himself a genuine threat at World/Elite level? Or is he happy to be a big-name stepping stone? Can't work it out. Shame, because as I've mentioned before, when I met Pricey, it totally changed my opinion of him. He is a genuine, down to earth, good guy, who I'd like to see do well.

Also, I would safely assume that Hearn bringing Povetkin to a UK audience, indicates potential future plans with AJ. No other reason for having him (or Price) on the card TBH. A pessimist might say that all the talk of Wilder & Fury fights were total bollocks.

Meh. The fact you can still get "good" tickets for £40 speaks volumes.

Also, any card that has Carson Jones as one of the chief supports, isn't one to get excited about. IMO, obviously.

Price lost to Hammer by KO and Povetkin beat Hammer over the distance. I can’t see Povetkin having much of a struggle against Price. Like you I am a fan of Price and want him to do well but can’t see anything other than a loss.

Of course it maps out Joshua holding onto the belt and Hearn cashing in more money on the Joshua train. He won’t put him up against Wilder or Fury as they’re his biggest threats and he won’t be able to sell him as well! The bloke is selling out stadiums in fights that 10 years ago would probably struggle to sell out the o2. Don’t forget you’ve also got Whyte v Browne next month which will put the winner in line for Wilder. One would assume Hearn is hoping Whyte wins and beats Wilder to set up Joshua v Whyte 2.

I think you’re being a little unfair on Okolie and Chamberlain. Both are good prospects and this is a fight that would’ve been better placed at a venue like York Hall or the Copperbox. But as it’s Hearn and his hype train Joshua on the ‘promotion team’ he’s got the o2. Taking away everything else I just expect to see a great fight between two British up and coming cruiserweights.

Back