• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whyte beats both of them. Bellew wouldn't survive the shots that Browne took. As soon as a genuine HW lands on Bellew, I'd have thought it will be the end of his foray at that weight.

Marginally tougher to say for certain with Haye, until we've seen what he has got left. Personally I think he's shot. Age has caught up with him, and his body just cannot stay injury free. I'd favour Whyte quite heavily, in that scenario, despite the fact that Haye is better technically.

It seems for all intents and purposes though, that Hearn is trying to angle a fight for Whyte against Wilder. But reading between the lines, Hearn would also be very happy to do AJ vs Whyte II. And it would make perfect promotional sense.
If Whyte was made mandatory for Wilder's WBC belt, then it could be hyped as the winner faces AJ In a unification fight. Or on the other hand, if Whyte doesn't get the Wilder fight, he will likely be fed to AJ again... Which would be hyped as the winner faces Wilder, in a unification match.

And where would you say Fury fits into this? Even the fairweather fan can see Fury and Wilder are the only possible threats to AJ. I wouldn't have thought Wilder would be interested by Whyte but if that is the only way Matchroom will let him get to AJ then I suppose he has to go that route. I'm not sure that would be best for Whyte either, or are Matchroom purely focused on AJ? If Fury comes back strong how long do you think they'll try and dodge him?

Think I will just leave this here. :whistling:

Haha, two can play at that game though, mate.

Whyte won’t knock him out, IF Whyte wins it will be on points.

In fairness, the difference is I wasn't hyping Frank up to be a world beater like you and Yarde, and I happily admitted he's limited. I just enjoy watching him fight and am a fan. Johnson was excellent on the night, and Frank was foolish. That said, at this point in time, Johnson would deal with Yarde handily, and Yarde would still have his hands full with Buglioni.

Enjoyed fight night as a whole, despite Frank's loss. Very disappointed in Browne, the weight was such a terrible decision, makes it so easy for the opponent when you just look for the big finish.

Shout out to Ritson, watching him pummel Cardle (who I despise) was fun for as long as it lasted.

Haha, two can play at that game though, mate.

In fairness, the difference is I wasn't hyping Frank up to be a world beater like you and Yarde, and I happily admitted he's limited. I just enjoy watching him fight and am a fan. Johnson was excellent on the night, and Frank was foolish. That said, at this point in time, Johnson would deal with Yarde handily, and Yarde would still have his hands full with Buglioni.

Enjoyed fight night as a whole, despite Frank's loss. Very disappointed in Browne, the weight was such a terrible decision, makes it so easy for the opponent when you just look for the big finish.

Shout out to Ritson, watching him pummel Cardle (who I despise) was fun for as long as it lasted.

We will have to wait and see, if rumours are true Johnson v Yarde is what they’re trying to make with Hearn will to let BT Sport have the fight. I’ll have a wager with you if that fight goes ahead, want to transfer me the money now? :winking:

And where would you say Fury fits into this? Even the fairweather fan can see Fury and Wilder are the only possible threats to AJ. I wouldn't have thought Wilder would be interested by Whyte but if that is the only way Matchroom will let him get to AJ then I suppose he has to go that route. I'm not sure that would be best for Whyte either, or are Matchroom purely focused on AJ? If Fury comes back strong how long do you think they'll try and dodge him?

IMHO, Fury is at least 12 months away from any real meaningful fight, and 18 months away from a title fight. Whether it happens like that or not however, is anyone's guess. Thankfully, the public do carry a lot of sway when it comes to demanding certain fights, (becuase more demand = more revenue), so whatever happens in the Heavyweight scene, you can guarentee Hearn/AJ/Wilder won't be able to dodge Fury forever.

Wilder might not want Whyte, but if he's installed as mandatory, then there's no escaping it. Not unless Whyte gets paid to step aside & let the AJ-Wilder fight go ahead, with the promise that he gets to face the winner.

Not sure how important Whyte is to Hearn/Matchroom, but I know for certain that he's miles behind AJ.

Price and Parker to win by KO, £5 on returns £485. Not that it’s going to happen but hell of a return.

We will have to wait and see, if rumours are true Johnson v Yarde is what they’re trying to make with Hearn will to let BT Sport have the fight. I’ll have a wager with you if that fight goes ahead, want to transfer me the money now? :winking:

Mate, the way I'm betting at the moment, that's not far from the truth.

I honestly can't see that Warren or Ajayi will let Yarde anywhere near Johnson just yet, which is probably why Hearn is trying to sweeten the deal with a BT screening. However, if that is the next fight made, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement.

Mate, the way I'm betting at the moment, that's not far from the truth.

I honestly can't see that Warren or Ajayi will let Yarde anywhere near Johnson just yet, which is probably why Hearn is trying to sweeten the deal with a BT screening. However, if that is the next fight made, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement.

Agreed, Yarde isn’t quite ready for that and there are rumours doing the rounds that he turned down a world title shot against Beterbiev. And at this current stage of his career that would be suicide. Beterbiev, Kovalev and Bivol are all a class above! The lad had a limited amateur career, he nearly signed for QPR as a footballer had it not been for injuries. He was also a player for Bishop Stortford. Hopefully Frank and Tunde will steer him in the right direction. I fight against Burton, Buglioni or Johnson (with the latter being the last) would be good progression for him. Who knows what Frank has planned though. He is no.2 with the WBO which is Kovalev’s strap and I really don’t see him going in with him. Can’t see Frank putting him in against Marcus Browne either who is making a lot of noise and the no.1 contender for the WBO.

I think he will look down a domestic route at the moment but you never know with Frank and Anthony seems a confident yet switched on bloke so who knows. I still rate him highly and think he will be fighting for a world title end of this year at the earliest or in 2019.

Price and Parker to win by KO, £5 on returns £485. Not that it’s going to happen but hell of a return.

I've said before that David Price is a really nice guy, and based on that I would love to see him do well in his career.

But the only chance he see's the final bell on Saturday, is if Povetkin comes to ring, high on glue. I'll be surprised if he lasts more than 8 rounds, but I'm expecting Povetkin to end this within 4

The odds on all of tonights fights are crap.

I've had a £5er on this 5-fold acca, which returns me £112

- Buatsi to win via stoppage
- Crolla to win via stoppage
- Josh Kelly to win on points
- Povetkin to win via stoppage in rounds 1-6
- Joshua to win via stoppage in rounds 7-12

I've noticed a few different publications stating that tonights main event is a Unification fight.

Either these people don't understand what the word unification means, or the WBC belt has become irrelevant overnight.

The odds on all of tonights fights are crap.

I've had a £5er on this 5-fold acca, which returns me £112

- Buatsi to win via stoppage
- Crolla to win via stoppage
- Josh Kelly to win on points
- Povetkin to win via stoppage in rounds 1-6
- Joshua to win via stoppage in rounds 7-12

****ed at the first hurdle!

I've noticed a few different publications stating that tonights main event is a Unification fight.

Either these people don't understand what the word unification means, or the WBC belt has become irrelevant overnight.

Nope, just people are ****ing clueless and only have become interested because of Joshua.

Useless **** :cry:

Surprising as I would’ve thought that would’ve been a banker the way he’s been fighting. Didn’t and am not watching it so can’t comment on his opponent.

Surprising as I would’ve thought that would’ve been a banker the way he’s been fighting. Didn’t and am not watching it so can’t comment on his opponent.

Not watching it either TBH. Will stream it later, when Price is on.

By all accounts, Buatsi looked poor against a journeyman who had lost 28 of his previous 51 bouts.

:whistling:

Good shout.

I thought Parker put in his career best performance. He's clearly worked on his strength & conditioning, as it was miles better than he's ever shown. I was fully expecting him to be blowing out his arse by the end of the 4th, but he kept going and going. His major downfall was the fact that he didn't have the power to trouble Joshua, and unfortunately for him, that was never going to impress the partisan judges.

Thought Joshua looked laboured for long periods, but did enough to win a close, but fair decision. I've said for the longest time that Joshua struggles against good movement, and Parker showed that that is the key. He nullified Joshua at times, and made him look clueless, missing with wild hayemakers & uppercuts. Again though, he just didn't have he power to really trouble Joshua, or impose himself in the fight.

The judges scorecards were inevitably shameful. I mean, 119? Jesus Christ. My stream had the Showtime commentary, and they had it right, by saying it's not just Joshua that Parker needs to beat, it's the judges aswell.

Good shout.

I thought Parker put in his career best performance. He's clearly worked on his strength & conditioning, as it was miles better than he's ever shown. I was fully expecting him to be blowing out his arse by the end of the 4th, but he kept going and going. His major downfall was the fact that he didn't have the power to trouble Joshua, and unfortunately for him, that was never going to impress the partisan judges.

Thought Joshua looked laboured for long periods, but did enough to win a close, but fair decision. I've said for the longest time that Joshua struggles against good movement, and Parker showed that that is the key. He nullified Joshua at times, and made him look clueless, missing with wild hayemakers & uppercuts. Again though, he just didn't have he power to really trouble Joshua, or impose himself in the fight.

The judges scorecards were inevitably shameful. I mean, 119? Jesus Christ. My stream had the Showtime commentary, and they had it right, by saying it's not just Joshua that Parker needs to beat, it's the judges aswell.

Was following a non biased twitter feed on the fight for the first 7 on the train. Then listened to the rest on Talksport in the car on the way home. What I realised and what was especially noticeable is how biased Sky’s commentary and Talksport was to Joshua. Even to the point where they said Joshua connected with a great punch when he didn’t and didn’t acknowledge a good punch from Parker.

After watching I thought Joshua just looked hesitant and one dimensional throughout. What is ****ing me off is everyone saying the ref has ruined the fight. He wasn’t the best of refs I agree but it wouldn’t have changed the outcome, Parker’s head movement was exceptional and Joshua ending up punching air the majority of the fight. He started to blow around round 6-7 and really didn’t know what to do. The commentary said if the ref didn’t stop making them break when on the inside suited Parker. I disagree I think Parker’s gameplan was to work him more on the inside when he could but didn’t get that opportunity.

I was impressed with Parker he looked a lot better since the Fury fight and boxed well. The scorecards were a joke but like I said typical scoring for a Matchroom fighter.

The two things that have come out of this fight are, Wilder IMO would KO Joshua if he boxes like that. (Appears Tyson Fury agrees and I’m not sure why Wilder wasn’t there when he said he would be) and Tyson Fury beats EVERYONE in the division without much struggle.

Shame about Pricey but inevitable really from the juiced up Russian.

I also learnt last night that social media should be avoided at all time when AJ fights. Everyone becomes an expert and some of the comments I read were absolutely shocking and clueless. I suppose it’s the same for people who watch Rugby at club level religiously and when the six nations is on everyone becomes an expert!

Here comes one of those fairweather fight fans coming out with a different opinion from you guys :hilarious:
I'm not an AJ can do no wrong fan but I thought it was a very professional performance which showed a new level of maturity. Didn't think AJ was ever at risk and controlled the fight. I did watch it in a ridiculously crowded pub but never saw AJ looking laboured, thought he got the job done with minimal effort. Not a great spectacle though

Back