• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Welcome back @GBJ your posts have been missed on here.

I disagree, I feel that him dancing round and having 10/12 round essentially sparing with journeymen won’t put Fury in the right mindset. He needs this mentally and now he knows his next fight is for the green belt, the one he hasn’t won he will do everything to win. I feel he will come in lighter again for the Wilder fight and the rewards of a win will be massive. He will set up a fight in April with Povetkin.... I mean Joshua :Winking2: at Wembley for all of HIS belts. That’s if one of the governing bodies doesn’t throw a curveball in and strip him of one.

He hasn’t looked great but he’s got 14 rounds under his belt now, which will be hugely benefical to his fitness and brush off some ring rust. Fury is a harder fight for Wilder than Joshua as Wilder is a harder fight for Fury than Joshua. Both of their unorthodox styles cannot be trained for. I’m not saying that Fury is going to walk it but I feel the occasion, the build up and the fight itself will be enough motivation to bring back the 2015 Tyson Fury who we saw glimpses of his slick foot work on Saturday.

War Fury, bring that belt back! I’m looking forward to the build up it’s going to be a proper circus.

Welcome back @GBJ your posts have been missed on here.

I disagree, I feel that him dancing round and having 10/12 round essentially sparing with journeymen won’t put Fury in the right mindset. He needs this mentally and now he knows his next fight is for the green belt, the one he hasn’t won he will do everything to win. I feel he will come in lighter again for the Wilder fight and the rewards of a win will be massive. He will set up a fight in April with Povetkin.... I mean Joshua :Winking2: at Wembley for all of HIS belts. That’s if one of the governing bodies doesn’t throw a curveball in and strip him of one.

He hasn’t looked great but he’s got 14 rounds under his belt now, which will be hugely benefical to his fitness and brush off some ring rust. Fury is a harder fight for Wilder than Joshua as Wilder is a harder fight for Fury than Joshua. Both of their unorthodox styles cannot be trained for. I’m not saying that Fury is going to walk it but I feel the occasion, the build up and the fight itself will be enough motivation to bring back the 2015 Tyson Fury who we saw glimpses of his slick foot work on Saturday.

War Fury, bring that belt back! I’m looking forward to the build up it’s going to be a proper circus.

Cheers mate.

You know how much of a Fury-fan I am, and I’d love nothing more than to see him do it, but this is a serious leap from where he’s currently at.

The two fights he’s had since returning, have been glorified sparring sessions, against awful opposition. To me, he’s looked like he’s carrying every bit of ringrust, that you’d expect from a fighter who’s been out of the game for over 2 years.

That’s not the kind of warm up he needs to face an unpredictable, hard hitting puncher. Especially not in his own back yard. Don’t get me wrong, they’re perfect opponents to ease him back into competition, but he’ll need a lot more from this upcoming training camp, than he’s dealt with so far.

The Fury who beat Wlad, would box the head off Wilder and Joshua, whilst dancing rings around them. But on that night, Fury’s technical ability was simply exceptional & he couldn’t put a foot wrong. Do you look at the current version of Tyson & think they’re the same person? I don’t. I’m not saying he can’t get back to that standard, but he’s certainly not there yet.

With that in mind, I’m convinced it’s too soon for him, and I hate to think it, but Wilder wins this via late stoppage.

Cheers mate.

You know how much of a Fury-fan I am, and I’d love nothing more than to see him do it, but this is a serious leap from where he’s currently at.

The two fights he’s had since returning, have been glorified sparring sessions, against awful opposition. To me, he’s looked like he’s carrying every bit of ringrust, that you’d expect from a fighter who’s been out of the game for over 2 years.

That’s not the kind of warm up he needs to face an unpredictable, hard hitting puncher. Especially not in his own back yard. Don’t get me wrong, they’re perfect opponents to ease him back into competition, but he’ll need a lot more from this upcoming training camp, than he’s dealt with so far.

The Fury who beat Wlad, would box the head off Wilder and Joshua, whilst dancing rings around them. But on that night, Fury’s technical ability was simply exceptional & he couldn’t put a foot wrong. Do you look at the current version of Tyson & think they’re the same person? I don’t. I’m not saying he can’t get back to that standard, but he’s certainly not there yet.

With that in mind, I’m convinced it’s too soon for him, and I hate to think it, but Wilder wins this via late stoppage.

Having not seen many Fury fights, has his chin been really tested? People talk of Wilder's power and you have mentioned Fury's ring rust, If Wilder catches Fury is it game over or do you think Fury can take a couple?

Cheers mate.

No I don’t think he is the same person at the moment. Do I think he could get back to that standard on the night of the fight? Maybe and hopefully. My only concern with him is Ben Davidson, although he has done wonders with his fitness and dropping that weight he hasn’t got the boxing experience of brain to help push him ahead. I know he’s training a lot in Ricky Hatton’s gym and I’d like to see him take more of an active role in his training in the build up to the Wilder fight.

In answer to you Tom, if Wilder can send King Kong to the floor then no one is safe. If he connects with any heavyweight it’s goodnight Vienna! Fury has been down before I remember Steve Cunningham putting him down. But it’s whether he has the ability to keep him down which Cunningham didn’t. Wilder is a big hitter and to destroy Ortiz like he did shows he carries serious power. He is the most dangerous puncher in the heavyweight division.

I’m still putting money on Usyk to reign supreme when he comes into the heavyweight division. He moves like a middleweight! He will make Bellew you look silly.

No I don’t think he is the same person at the moment. Do I think he could get back to that standard on the night of the fight? Maybe and hopefully. My only concern with him is Ben Davidson, although he has done wonders with his fitness and dropping that weight he hasn’t got the boxing experience of brain to help push him ahead. I know he’s training a lot in Ricky Hatton’s gym and I’d like to see him take more of an active role in his training in the build up to the Wilder fight.

In answer to you Tom, if Wilder can send King Kong to the floor then no one is safe. If he connects with any heavyweight it’s goodnight Vienna! Fury has been down before I remember Steve Cunningham putting him down. But it’s whether he has the ability to keep him down which Cunningham didn’t. Wilder is a big hitter and to destroy Ortiz like he did shows he carries serious power. He is the most dangerous puncher in the heavyweight division.

I’m still putting money on Usyk to reign supreme when he comes into the heavyweight division. He moves like a middleweight! He will make Bellew you look silly.

The Ortiz fight was where I sat up and thought Wilder was a top level fighter, before that I had question marks against him. I love the heavyweight division at them moment, it's so unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised if any of Fury, Joshua and Wilder ended up unified champ. It wouldn't be a massive shock if Povetkin beat Joshua IMO, although I do expect an AJ victory. Then there is Whyte who doesn't ever look great to me but has earned another shot and finally Chisora who I have a massive soft spot for, the guy is a warrior and another who deserves a big fight.

Then you talk about adding Usyk to the mix!

The Ortiz fight was where I sat up and thought Wilder was a top level fighter, before that I had question marks against him. I love the heavyweight division at them moment, it's so unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised if any of Fury, Joshua and Wilder ended up unified champ. It wouldn't be a massive shock if Povetkin beat Joshua IMO, although I do expect an AJ victory. Then there is Whyte who doesn't ever look great to me but has earned another shot and finally Chisora who I have a massive soft spot for, the guy is a warrior and another who deserves a big fight.

Then you talk about adding Usyk to the mix!

If Whyte wants to earn respect he needs to have a second fight with Chisora and actually beat him. Everyone goes on about how great he is but his record is pretty weak. He beat an overweight glorified Aussie doorman and then Parker who was average on the night and imo lost to Fury before he fought Joshua. Had the head clash against Whyte not happened that fight may have been different.

It is getting exciting and it’s good to see people aren’t constantly bumming Joshua anymore after his past two performances. He needs an absolute worldy to get everyone back on the hype train.

I’ve just seen Sky Sports on their app are doing over the next couple of days their ‘experts’ P4P list. Thought it might be an idea if we put our lists up. Feel free anyone to join in, look forward to hearing @GBJ , @Blue_Wes and @Ricky Otto ’s.

I’ll post mine later, need a good think.

I’ve just seen Sky Sports on their app are doing over the next couple of days their ‘experts’ P4P list. Thought it might be an idea if we put our lists up. Feel free anyone to join in, look forward to hearing @GBJ , @Blue_Wes and @Ricky Otto ’s.

I don't watch enough boxing to have an informed opinion. It annoys me when people rate footballers and cricketers as "the best" in whatever league or county or position based on watching them once and a bit of media hype. I wouldn't want to be doing the same thing. If I had to pick someone it would be GGG but that is based on watching him 3 times plus what I have read and seen on TV hyping him up. I'm guessing your no1 would be Usyk and I couldn't argue against that seeing him only once and being very impressed.

If Whyte wants to earn respect he needs to have a second fight with Chisora and actually beat him. Everyone goes on about how great he is but his record is pretty weak. He beat an overweight glorified Aussie doorman and then Parker who was average on the night and imo lost to Fury before he fought Joshua. Had the head clash against Whyte not happened that fight may have been different.

It is getting exciting and it’s good to see people aren’t constantly bumming Joshua anymore after his past two performances. He needs an absolute worldy to get everyone back on the hype train.

Totally agree that Whyte needs to fight Chisora and would love to see it again. I haven't met one person who thinks Whyte won that fight

I don't watch enough boxing to have an informed opinion. It annoys me when people rate footballers and cricketers as "the best" in whatever league or county or position based on watching them once and a bit of media hype. I wouldn't want to be doing the same thing. If I had to pick someone it would be GGG but that is based on watching him 3 times plus what I have read and seen on TV hyping him up. I'm guessing your no1 would be Usyk and I couldn't argue against that seeing him only once and being very impressed.

You would be wrong, I rate Usyk highly but it’s his stable mate who is my no.1 and the only person I can without thinking name where he ranks on my list and that’s Lomachenko.

Having not seen many Fury fights, has his chin been really tested? People talk of Wilder's power and you have mentioned Fury's ring rust, If Wilder catches Fury is it game over or do you think Fury can take a couple?

The theory around Fury having a glass jaw is one I’ve heard over years, and is really down to people being uneducated on the subject.

Having a granite chin is only one aspect of being able to take a punch. Aside from the obvious thing, such as having a good defence, You’ve got to factor In the core strength, the neck resistance & the stamina.

An example; Triple G has a solid jaw. He’s incredibly well conditioned. Whereas David Price has a glass jaw because he’s about as fit as Gemma Collins. I’m simplifying it a little bit, but that’s pretty much the long & short of it, as the two go hand-in-hand.

Fury’s core strength hasn’t always been good, whereas his stamina over the years has been fairly good, (especially for a man his size). Against Wlad, he was in peak condition, (weighing in at a lean & muscular 17st) which allowed him to take Wlad’s punches without too much drama. Whereas, the two times he’s been dropped, against Cunningham & Pajkic, he’s been badly out of shape, aswell as inexperienced.

See, It’s when you get tired, and start running on fumes that even the most solid of chins can turn to China in an instant. A tired human body simply can not withstand the punishment, as it can’t absorb the required amount of oxygen quickly enough to cope with the basic functioning demands, such as neck resistance. And of course, when that stamina goes, it’s hard to remain disciplined and poised, meaning (costly) mistakes are likely to happen.

It goes without saying that in order for Tyson to beat Wilder in a couple of months time, he will need to be fitter, stronger & more disciplined than he was against Wlad. I’m sure he can get to that standard, although i’m more worried about his ring generalship & movement if I’m honest.

Although, saying all that, I must add that you can have the best core, the strongest neck muscles & the toughest of chins, but even they won’t save you if you get hit with a Hail-Mary shot, which I think Wilder is actually capable of.

Everything’s subjective, but here’s my top 5

1. Vasyl Lomachenko
2. Gennady Golovkin
3. Olek Usyk
4. Mikey Garcia
5. Canelo

Special mentions for; Terence Crawford, Gervonta Davis, Errol Spence Jr, & Keith Thurman who are all on the cusp of being discussed in the same bracket, but for me are still a couple of “big” wins away from truly being considerd for that list. I’d even be tempted to add Carl Frampton to that shortlist. He’s a few wins away from really cementing himself as an exceptional fighter, although at 31, age is against him.

Intentional omissions include Manny Pac, who is past it in my eyes. The eventual winner of the Fury/AJ/Wilder love triangle would probably crack the list, but I can’t consider either of them for now, as we simply don’t know who’s best between them. Billy Jo Saunders would be in with a shout, if he can beat one or both of Canelo & Triple G.

Just heard a crazy rumour that Floyd & Pac have met in secret, to discuss a rematch, which is slated for Cinco De Mayo weekend next year.

Might be a load of bollocks. Might not be. It’s purely unsubstantiated rumours at the moment, from an unknown source. Although, I can see why both would want the fight.

Just heard a crazy rumour that Floyd & Pac have met in secret, to discuss a rematch, which is slated for Cinco De Mayo weekend next year.

Might be a load of bollocks. Might not be. It’s purely unsubstantiated rumours at the moment, from an unknown source. Although, I can see why both would want the fight.

I heard this same rumour last month that they were talking about a 2nd fight and this came from a very reliable source.

I will certainly ask my mate here and try to substantiate this rumour one way or another , i was on the belief it was the undefeated fighter who just gave Horn a boxing lesson or Khan he was after fighting .

I will certainly ask my mate here and try to substantiate this rumour one way or another , i was on the belief it was the undefeated fighter who just gave Horn a boxing lesson or Khan he was after fighting .

Crawford seemed like the perfect opponent for a handing over of the guard for a Bob Arum fighter. But as Manny is no longer with Bob Arum anymore it’s anyones guess. Khan is desperate for it but it’s all about money and out of the 3 Mayweather attracts the most money.

Speaking of Mayweather he’s just been knocked off the top spot by minimumweight WBC world champion Chayaphon Moonsri. He has just won his 51st fight to move him to 51-0.

yeah i read an article about that fella a while ago , said there was some decrepancy on the calibre of some of his opponents though . But that being said still an achievement to go 51 zero'

Yeah he’s got nowhere near the record of world class fighters that Mayweather has on his record. There isn’t really the talent at that weight and I don’t think he has ever had a fight outside of Thailand.

Back