• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glynn Hurst

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:18)]Hence the reason i will not reveal who we are looking to bring in and it is the position in the team (striker) that everyone is talking about
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>AAARGH&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

It&#39;s the return of that SZ curse, the &quot;I know something but I&#39;m not telling you&quot; post.

Please, for the love of God, refrain from posting messages like that which do nothing, I repeat nothing, but annoy people and engender a whole world-full of bad feeling towards you.

mad.gif
mad.gif

...and breathe...

ghostface.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:18)]Very true Fbm, I am running scared now.

Well, there are a lot of duff stories in football but I am only relaying information. Surely being a player on a free that there will be a number of clubs look at him.

He is not in any sort of negotiation so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Don't worry I wouldn't blow any deal because of a message board.

Hence the reason i will not reveal who we are looking to bring in and it is the position in the team (striker) that everyone is talking about  
biggrin.gif
Yeah ... of course you know!!

Kev

laugh.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,15:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:18)]Hence the reason i will not reveal who we are looking to bring in and it is the position in the team (striker) that everyone is talking about
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>AAARGH!!!</span>

It's the return of that SZ curse, the "I know something but I'm not telling you" post.

Please, for the love of God, refrain from posting messages like that which do nothing, I repeat nothing, but annoy people and engender a whole world-full of bad feeling towards you.

mad.gif

mad.gif

...and breathe...

ghostface.gif

Matt
had to be done!! in context to what was said..

its only light hearted young shrimp..

I would tell you if I knew who it was..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,15:21)]
[b said:
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>AAARGH!!!</span>

It's the return of that SZ curse, the "I know something but I'm not telling you" post.

mad.gif

mad.gif

...and breathe...

ghostface.gif

Matt
Couldn't agree more, Matt.

Kev

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:20)]After all I am sure everyone knows something that others don't haha now that could be a good one to debate...  
biggrin.gif
You've done it again!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>STOP IT!!!!</span>

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,15:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:20)]After all I am sure everyone knows something that others don't haha now that could be a good one to debate...  
biggrin.gif
You've done it again!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>STOP IT!!!!</span>

mad.gif
i wasn't referring to southend united i was there talking about people coming up with rather amusing facts that others don't know.

Considering Chris Phillips nicks all my stories anyway, I&#39;m not too worried about other papers coming in and nicking half-baked stories from a friend of a fringe player&#33;

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 25 2004,15:24)]Considering Chris Phillips nicks all my stories anyway, I&#39;m not too worried about other papers coming in and nicking half-baked stories from a friend of a fringe player&#33;

biggrin.gif
Oh dear
sad.gif
I haven&#39;t actually said what player it is&#33;&#33;
cool.gif

not that i am getting worried ofcourse
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 25 2004,15:24)]Considering Chris Phillips nicks all my stories anyway, I'm not too worried about other papers coming in and nicking half-baked stories from a friend of a fringe player!

biggrin.gif
Oh dear  
sad.gif
 I haven't actually said what player it is!!  
cool.gif

not that i am getting worried ofcourse  
blues.gif
HaHa. He only ever posts when he's trying to sell papers and/or about some special 'pull-outs' ...

Kev

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:22)]its only light hearted young shrimp..
Maybe... but it truly is the worst thing about SZ, and I&#39;m not the only person who thinks it.

It&#39;s smug, self-serving and pointless. If you feel yourself typing those words, just stop. Because you&#39;ve not actually conveyed any information; instead, you&#39;ve just wound people up.

Still, one thing you appear not to know is my age... or at least it depends on your definition of young...

wink.gif

Matt

Now there&#39;s nothing wrong with sending pm&#39;s of juicy info and substantiated info onto trusted members of SZ for private knowledge only of course...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,15:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:22)]its only light hearted young shrimp..
Maybe... but it truly is the worst thing about SZ, and I'm not the only person who thinks it.

It's smug, self-serving and pointless.  If you feel yourself typing those words, just stop.  Because you've not actually conveyed any information; instead, you've just wound people up.

Still, one thing you appear not to know is my age... or at least it depends on your definition of young...

wink.gif

Matt
well the shrimp looks young.. are you providing misleading information!!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 25 2004,15:41)]Now there&#39;s nothing wrong with sending pm&#39;s of juicy info and substantiated info onto trusted members of SZ for private knowledge only of course...

wink.gif
could you provide a list of those trusted members please
biggrin.gif

If they then require information they can PM me and I will gladly tell them in confidence&#33;
tounge.gif

S4E, if you want, why not, instead of posting it, PM me or Leeboy and we can write it up as gossip, i.e. an insider claims.... That way, no-one knows it came from you (which at the moment it does).

BTW, if anyone wants to do this, they can, but pls make sure it&#39;s not libellous or rubbish.

Thanks Naps.. LEGEND&#33;&#33; maybe it won&#39;t turn into such a rowdy debate then with people quite clearly wanting to know information however they then start moaning at me for displaying it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,16:00)]Thanks Naps.. LEGEND&#33;&#33; maybe it won&#39;t turn into such a rowdy debate then with people quite clearly wanting to know information however they then start moaning at me for displaying it.
Exactly.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,16:00)]Thanks Naps.. LEGEND&#33;&#33; maybe it won&#39;t turn into such a rowdy debate then with people quite clearly wanting to know information however they then start moaning at me for displaying it.
Not moaning at you for displaying it s4e, just in the way that you did it which could jeopardise any future info you get...

Still, Napsters idea is pretty sound...

How about having a separate daily feature, thread or even forum entitled

&quot;The Blues Rumour Mill&quot;

where people can post silly season speculation, fact or gossip...

Just a thought

Back