• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Goalkeeper for Saturday

Goalkeeper for Saturday - You decide

• Alderton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clarke

• Robinson

• Total voters
Anyway I'd personaly go for Morgan. His young and with Southend for a while if he gets a contract so its a no lose. If he doesn't do well then his only a kid give him time and if he does well we have bucket loads of goalies.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Anyway I'd personaly go for Morgan. His young and with Southend for a while if he gets a contract so its a no lose. If he doesn't do well then his only a kid give him time and if he does well we have bucket loads of goalies.

How can you say playing Morgan is a no lose situation. What about if we actually lose heavily or he makes mistakes for the goals we concede? It would shatter his confidence, just like Wyan Wobinson. If Morgan ever plays for the Club, I hope its when his ready and not because of a crisis.

I went for Clarke as he looks a good prospect. He trains day in day out with arguably the best goalkeeper in the league. Has trained with the England Under 21 side and is highly rated. Much the better choice, in my opinion.

Morgan on the bench, If you played him and he had a howler then he might never be the same again, its not worth ruining the lads confidence however by sittin on the bench he gets a feel of the atmosphere and it should do him good.

Clarke obviously has to start.

I don't see any real pressing need for a sub keeper as it would merely be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. However as the squad appears down to the bare bones, I expect either Alderton or Morgan will get a place on the bench - it doesn't really matter which - and the team will look like this.

Clarke
Jupp Prior Barrett Wilson
Pettefer Maher Hunt Gower
Gray Corbett

Subs
Nicolau
Edwards
Kightly
Eastwood
Alderton/Morgan

Have I missed anyone out?

Y iznt Darrly indis poll. E iz r bstst goalie by miles+miles+miles

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I expect either Alderton or Morgan will get a place on the bench - it doesn't really matter which

It matters if Clarke gets injured or sent off!

Clarke will be the starter .But Alderton will put bums on seats and TV cameras in the ground for the novelty value .
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 15 2004,17:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I expect either Alderton or Morgan will get a place on the bench - it doesn't really matter which

It matters if Clarke gets injured or sent off!
Get real! When was the last time that happened to a Southend 'keeper?

rock.gif

Back