• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 30 2005,18:19)]Yeah, that was a screamer and a half!
biggrin.gif
Keep 'em cumin Beno!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 30 2005,17:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 30 2005,17:53)]Did Mitch get a decent reception from the home fans?

Always a good indication of how they rated him....
Pretty much, as far as I could tell, to be honest he's probably nailing the two girls next to me, the way they were carrying on... couldn't hear much above their racket!

suspect.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 30 2005,17:50)]Just got in from the game.

Grays went 1-0 inside the first 15 minutes, becuase I missed it

cool.gif

We then equalised from the spot (W Gray) after former Shrimper Jamie Stuart handled in the area.

We went 2-1 up almost immediately through a Spinner bullet header from a corner.

2-1 at HT. We were cruising at this stage and 4 or 5-1 was on the cards if we kept the same team.

However of course that isn't the idea with these friendlies so plenty of subs came on.

In the second half the first 20 minsutes or so were very bitty with Grays shading it and scoring to equalise.

Grays then went 3-2 up as our defending went a bit haywire thanks to a few too many subs. Two Grays lads were unfortunately injured pretty badly - one stretchered off, couldn't tell you who they were though.

Finally, just on the stroke of half time we scored a cracking individual goal from a lad wearing number 15 that I didnt recognise.

3-3 full time and a nice afternoon out had by all.

smile.gif

HEADLINES TO COME OUT OF THE MATCH:

1) NIKOLA JOZIC back in blighty and back in a blue shirt - so watch this space!

2) MITCHELL COLE looked superb when he came on in the second half - lightning quick and very skilful, easy to see why we signed him. Freddy mark two , this kid could be.

3) JAY SMITH good to see him out there getting stuck in, he looked sharp.
Spiff - you didn't miss too much positive in the first 15 minutes - the first goal was distinctly Sunday league. First Barrett failed to clear the ball, allowing it to run to Slabber(?) who had a pretty tame shot from a tight angle which Flahavan inexplicably let through him.

Flahavan then fumbled again only for the ref to fortuitously give him the benefit of the doubt and disallow the goal and say that Kightly kicked the ball out of his hands.

We didn't really start playing until the penalty got us back into the game.

Its nice to hear NIKOLA JOZIC is back Vs Grays as he is starting to become an fav with most SUFC fans after his display Vs Millwall, I can see an future parthership with Barrett which the forward of another team will be s*****g themselve at the thought of taking them on. I alway feel JOZIC is an League One or higher player in the making.

Let hope he sign for us & then we might see Col Ewes forward being carred off after an another crushing tackle by JOZIC
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 31 2005,20:05)]Spiff - you didn't miss too much positive in the first 15 minutes  - the first goal was distinctly Sunday league. First Barrett failed to clear the ball, allowing it to run to Slabber(?) who had a pretty tame shot from a tight angle which Flahavan inexplicably let through him.
Don't know what that was all about. Flavs didn't give a call so quite why Barrett let the ball drop over his head I don't know?
oops.gif

Not sure if this had been covered already, but I only returned from my hols yesterday so I didn't see the game. In the pictures on the official site the players are wearing the silver ldv shirt from two seasons ago. Can anyone tell me why this is?

Grays wear light blue. We obviously realised that and took our silver shirts along, only for Grays to come running out in their White away shirt thinking we were playing in light blue! They had to go and change into their light blue home shirts because of it.

That's all well and good, but it's only a friendly. If we looked like that during the regular season I'd agree, but as it's a nothing game then there's no point in wasting money, however much or little it may be. We don't really need to market our stuff in pre-season friendlies as, let's face it, not may people go to them.

Back