• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Greatest SUFC Partnerships

Streaky

Manager⭐
I spotted Jeff Stelling has a new podcast out this week "Footballs Greatest" - not a bad listen.. This weeks subjects was "Greatest partnerships" which made me think about what are SUFC's Greatest Partnerships? We talk alot about the best players in each position but which combined to be the greatest.

I guess the stand out ones for me are ..

Tilly & Brush (Greatest Management Double act)
Eastwood & Gray (Greatest combined stricking duo)
Spinner & Edwards (Greatest CB pairing)
Flavs & Bart (Greatest combined No1 & 2)

Any others?

I wanted to avoid the likes of
Ron & HMRC,
Burgers & Onions,
Transfer Deadline day & lack of fax paper

I spotted Jeff Stelling has a new podcast out this week "Footballs Greatest" - not a bad listen.. This weeks subjects was "Greatest partnerships" which made me think about what are SUFC's Greatest Partnerships? We talk alot about the best players in each position but which combined to be the greatest.

I guess the stand out ones for me are ..

Tilly & Brush (Greatest Management Double act)
Eastwood & Gray (Greatest combined stricking duo)
Spinner & Edwards (Greatest CB pairing)
Flavs & Bart (Greatest combined No1 & 2)

Any others?

I wanted to avoid the likes of
Ron & HMRC,
Burgers & Onions,
Transfer Deadline day & lack of fax paper

Spinner & Eagle wasn’t really a great combo.

They didn’t play all that much together as a centre-half pairing in either of their stints (in their first spell Edwards would have been RB most of the time) and second time around things only started to click when Barrett came into the starting line-up for Eagle.

Spinner’s best partners were IMO Clark in his first stint and Sodje in his second stint.

I think our best pairing was Tilly and Powell down the left.

I’d also give an honourable mention to Bridge and Fonguck for their work down the left.

Back