• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guess who made London Tonight----

McNasty

Just had a text read out on London Tonight regarding the sending-off of the Barnet keeper last night. I let them know that the dynamic Mr Beeby has appeared at the Hall many times and is always consistant. Consistantly bad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Oct. 27 2005,18:39)]Just had a text read out on London Tonight regarding the sending-off of the Barnet keeper last night. I let them know that the dynamic Mr Beeby has appeared at the Hall many times and is always consistant. Consistantly bad.
.... and of course had it been the Manchester United keeper, he'd have done exactly the same thing.

Beeby is on the verge of Premier$hite appointments (strange but true) and was clearly keen to impress.

Instead he ruined a great occasion for Barnet and their fans for no good reason. (and it's only a 1 match ban
sad.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 27 2005,20:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Oct. 27 2005,18:39)]Just had a text read out on London Tonight regarding the sending-off of the Barnet keeper last night. I let them know that the dynamic Mr Beeby has appeared at the Hall many times and is always consistant. Consistantly bad.
.... and of course had it been the Manchester United keeper, he'd have done exactly the same thing.

Beeby is on the verge of Premier$hite appointments (strange but true) and was clearly keen to impress.

Instead he ruined a great occasion for Barnet and their fans for no good reason. (and it's only a 1 match ban  
sad.gif
)
But if he doesn't send the keeper off then his assesment will probably suffer then suddenly he isn't on the verge of the Premier$hite.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Oct. 28 2005,00:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 27 2005,20:39)]
[b said:

sad.gif
)
But if he doesn't send the keeper off then his assesment will probably suffer then suddenly he isn't on the verge of the Premier$hite.
But shouldn't that sort of incident only be a red card if it's preventing a goal-scoring opportunity? The Man Yoo forward was never going to get the through ball and the Barnet keeper just lost his bearings.

It wasn't like, say, Darryl's handball against Boston last season when he deliberately handled outside the box to stop Andy Kirk from lobbing him. A yellow card at most, in my opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Oct. 28 2005,02:55)]But shouldn't that sort of incident only be a red card if it's preventing a goal-scoring opportunity? The Man Yoo forward was never going to get the through ball and the Barnet keeper just lost his bearings.

It wasn't like, say, Darryl's handball against Boston last season when he deliberately handled outside the box to stop Andy Kirk from lobbing him. A yellow card at most, in my opinion.
Ex-Prem ref on Radio 5 (can't remember his name) saying that there are a number of myths around e.g daylight between attacker and defender when the Laws mention no such thing, last man has to go - even if there is no clear goalscoring opportunity, which isn't the case, has to be last man and a goal scoring opportunity. His opinion was as above, keeper lost his bearings, there wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. Free kick yes, yellow card maybe but not def. Red card was clearly wrong.

That spoiled it for the Barnet fans, for the keeper, and for the young lad who had to go off before he had even touched the ball to make way for the Barnet spare keeper. Atrocious decision.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Oct. 28 2005,09:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Oct. 28 2005,02:55)]But shouldn't that sort of incident only be a red card if it's preventing a goal-scoring opportunity? The Man Yoo forward was never going to get the through ball and the Barnet keeper just lost his bearings.

Ex-Prem ref on Radio 5 (can't remember his name) saying that there are a number of myths around e.g daylight between attacker and defender when the Laws mention no such thing, last man has to go - even if there is no clear goalscoring opportunity, which isn't the case, has to be last man and a goal scoring opportunity. His opinion was as above, keeper lost his bearings, there wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. Free kick yes, yellow card maybe but not def. Red card was clearly wrong.

That spoiled it for the Barnet fans, for the keeper, and for the young lad who had to go off before he had even touched the ball to make way for the Barnet spare keeper.  Atrocious decision.
All the above is correct and there is no reason why even a yellow card should have been awarded.

How a so-called top referee can get it so wrong is completely beyond me.

The decision will almost certainly be overturned today but that won't give Barnet their big day back.

PS on re-reading it, there is one slight error regarding the "last man". The requirement is the denial of an OBVIOUS goal scoring opportunity. This is more likely if the offender is the last man but it doesn't have to be the case.

Even Fergie said that the keeper should only have got a yellow

I haven't seen it but understand he caught the ball about chest height outside of the box. Even if the striker wasn't right with him, what else would he have done with the ball from there? Also Ebanks Blake's no slouch. It's not like he would have had plenty of time.

Still, I do sympathise with him because it was such a big occasion for him. Problem is that a lot of people are talking about how it ruined Barnet's big day but the ref has no responsibility to make the game more of a contest. He has to referee it as he sees it.

Yeovil last season - Bart handled outside the box at their place and was surrounded by attacking and defending players. My gut reaction was - oh dear, ten men for seventy minutes. I don't think the ref even booked him.

Playoff final - West Ham keeper clearly handles stopping a good attack (not a clear goalscoring opportunity at that moment)

Barnet keeper on his own with no players near the ball - sent off for a misjudgement - no intent at all. Conclusion - inconsistency and poor refs.

The Barnet keeper send off was a rediculous decision and shows the lack of common sense in referees at all levels now. A sad state of affairs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Oct. 28 2005,12:26)]The Barnet keeper send off was a rediculous decision and shows the lack of common sense in referees at all levels now.  A sad state of affairs.
REDiculous ? Good pun.

It was nothing to with common sense, it was about his inability to apply the Laws correctly.

Sad indeed.

exactly the same happened against swansea 2 seasons ago at roots hall in a 1-1 draw, the last game before we played blackpool in the ldv final, there keeper caught the ball, just outside the area and the ref showed him the red card, it woz exactly the same as the barnet keeper, he just lost his bearings, no intent intended

[b said:
Quote[/b] (brad the shrimper @ Oct. 28 2005,13:22)]exactly the same happened against swansea 2 seasons ago at roots hall in a 1-1 draw, the last game before we played blackpool in the ldv final, there keeper caught the ball, just outside the area and the ref showed him the red card, it woz exactly the same as the barnet keeper, he just lost his bearings, no intent intended
I'm sure the FAW let him off though!!

laugh.gif

yeah wotever.
as if arsenal dont cheat. (and im the queen of sheeba)

can any1 remember the last player after ruel fox to get a penatly at old trafford

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steve flack is god @ Oct. 29 2005,00:18)]yeah wotever.
as if arsenal dont cheat. (and im the queen of sheeba)
hello queen of sheeba

Back