• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gutteridge signs - Official

Chrissie Powell comes home!

What a headline!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I think Eastwood, Gray and Dudfield are all quite good strikers and we probably don't need another

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 18 2005,10:55)]Here is a scenario for you for a potential left-back - Wet Sham lose to Leicester tonight, Pardew gets the sack, and an ex-Southend United player decides to move on before the transfer deadline next Thursday.....  
rock.gif

rock.gif
Can't imagine Chris Powell is only staying at West Ham out of loyalty to the disloyal Pardew.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 18 2005,11:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 18 2005,10:55)]Here is a scenario for you for a potential left-back - Wet Sham lose to Leicester tonight, Pardew gets the sack, and an ex-Southend United player decides to move on before the transfer deadline next Thursday.....  
rock.gif

rock.gif
Can't imagine Chris Powell is only staying at West Ham out of loyalty to the disloyal Pardew.
There is no basis of fact to my post - it is a simple idea of putting two and two together, and coming up with 45.....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 18 2005,09:37)]If this is true, I think it's a disgrace that the club are paying money for players. I also feel that players should be signed on 6 month contracts.

mad.gif
Absolutely OS. This man Tilson is an absolute disgrace. He's playing fast and loose with the birthright of all fans. He must go now. In the name of God Tilson do the honourable thing.

mad.gif
mad.gif

I noticed no one had bitten OS and I just couldn't resist it.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 18 2005,11:02)]I think Eastwood, Gray and Dudfield are all quite good strikers and we probably don't need another
But if one is to pick up and injury or a suspension then we are down to two with a half fit Corbett.

Tilly has already indicated he will be signing a replacement for Tes. Paul Benson anyone? After all it would only be as cover.

I would have thought Tilly will bring in someone with more experience than Benson - he did well for the reserves so I hear but is untried at first team level. He may be one for the future but at the moment we need someone with league experience

Fair point, though if a deal can't be sorted for someone playing league football I still think he'd be a good fall-back option as cover.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Mar. 18 2005,12:23)]I would have thought Tilly will bring in someone with more experience than Benson - he did well for the reserves so I hear but is untried at first team level. He may be one for the future but at the moment we need someone with league experience
You may be right and I've not seen Benson play - well at least sicne he was a kid and to be honest I can't remember him (my eldest son played against him and tells me he was brilliant) . I can remeber David Lee though - what a player when a kid.
Anyway, I think Tilly and brush are absolutely right to look everywhere for new players including way down the pyramid to find uncut diamonds if there are any. I can't remeber what division Witham Town were in but we got a pretty useful player from them a while back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Mar. 18 2005,12:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Mar. 18 2005,12:23)]I would have thought Tilly will bring in someone with more experience than Benson - he did well for the reserves so I hear but is untried at first team level. He may be one for the future but at the moment we need someone with league experience
You may be right and I've not seen Benson play - well at least sicne he was a kid and to be honest I can't remember him (my eldest son played against him and tells me he was brilliant) . I can remeber David Lee though - what a player when a kid.
Anyway, I think Tilly and brush are absolutely right to look everywhere for new players including way down the pyramid to find uncut diamonds if there are any. I can't remeber what division Witham Town were in but we got a pretty useful player from them a while back.
And he's turned into a pretty useful manager hasn'y he....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Mar. 18 2005,13:32)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many times Tilly played for Witham Town?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 18 2005,13:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Mar. 18 2005,13:32)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many times Tilly played for Witham Town?  
rock.gif
I don't.

[b said:
[b said:
I tell you who was a good player when he was a kid (Well he still is), Joe Illet, he single handly ruined us in a school match before.

Just checked soccerbase and he hasn't played for Cambridge in the LDV this season, therefore not cup tied for the final

Iam one happy Welshman after we sign Gutteridge! Iam glad the Echo on Thurs 17/3/04 got it wrong but nearly right as the deal was fallen through but somehow we end up signing him up.

Here to an final push for League One - Gutteridge will give us an option on the wings so we can break down side who come to Root-Hall for a point.

Back