• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hamilton stripped of his Victory today

I don't but what is the point in asking me a question in my rep accusing me of the only reason I dislike Hamilton is because he earns more than me?

Probably about as much point as finding another random post, and giving that neg rep out of spite, and then making comments in that about the first one?

Ok, you want it out in the open, what do you have against Hamilton? I can understand you supporting another driver (but Alonso?) but to actively dislike him must be for some reason.

Oh, and arrogant? yet you still support Alonso? i doubt very much that's your true reason.

Oh, and he does a job that doesn't deserve the money? The reason one driver gets paid a large amount is market forces. Do you seriously think they get paid that much because the teams are feeling generous? You're a fireman aren't you? So I can understand your views on a job deserving large amounts of pay (though I'd argue that you dont deserve the millions he earns either) but he'll be paid that because McLaren deem him to be worth it to them, and he probably makes many millions more for them in return.

Last edited:
Hamilton strikes me as more self assured than arrogant personally. It's a fine line and I do grimace sometimes when he comes out with something as cocky as he seems to. But I think it's more down to his self belief. If he loses, he looks to how he can improve next time round.

Commentators and TV coverage is this country are undoubtedly biased towards any Brit competing in a sport, but for me Hamilton has provenhis doubters wrong already 10 times over. Remember the awesome race Schumacher drove on wets, where he drove off the racing line to keep his tyres cool? He ended up winning. Lewis at Silverstone this year was just as mesmerizing. He's not a great driver yet, but has all the equities of one.

Hamilton strikes me as more self assured than arrogant personally
He said in the pre race interview “I was overtaken on the outside in Hungary. That wont ever happen again”. As soon as he aid it I thought ooops big mistake Lewis. So he gets overtaken on the outside.

With regard to the penalty, he gave the position back to Ferrari so no advantage gained. How they work out a 25 second penalty is beyond me, unless of course making him lose two places makes the title race, and general interest, a lot closer for the rest of the season.

anyone want to change their mind after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rXr2Mkq_M

does look like hamilton has an opportunity to break and stay on track

also raikkonen breaks rediculously early on both corners

Watched that a couple of times, and still not convinced. being on the left hand side of the car its hard to tell how much space he had between him and Kimi.

Also the real issue should be did he obtain an unfair advantage by cutting the chicane? technically, you could argue that by avoiding a crash, and continuing the race, he did. I doubt the appeal will be successful, I'd be surprised if the appeal was even allowed to go ahead (they're looking into whether a team can legally appeal a time penalty apparently)

Watched that a couple of times, and still not convinced. being on the left hand side of the car its hard to tell how much space he had between him and Kimi.

Also the real issue should be did he obtain an unfair advantage by cutting the chicane? technically, you could argue that by avoiding a crash, and continuing the race, he did. I doubt the appeal will be successful, I'd be surprised if the appeal was even allowed to go ahead (they're looking into whether a team can legally appeal a time penalty apparently)

You could also see Lewis glance over to see that Kimi had past him on the right hand side so he had not gained the advantage and then he moved over to the right and took him.

Also......as previousely said, Kimi braked so early that i thought Lewis did well not to plough in to the back of him.

You could also see Lewis glance over to see that Kimi had past him on the right hand side so he had not gained the advantage and then he moved over to the right and took him.

Also......as previousely said, Kimi braked so early that i thought Lewis did well not to plough in to the back of him.

which raikkonnen did to lewis a corner later!

People keep comparing him to Senna, he is no where near and never will be as good or better than Senna.

Senna is Senna there is no one like him and never will be!

It'd probably be fairer to make that kind of statement once Lewis has had an equivalent number of years in the sport. Senna didn't win the Championship in his first season either although, considering the car he was in, he didn't stand much of a chance.

i would argue that Schumacher was his equal

They're a bit incomparable to me, but I guess as the modern greats of the sport that's why people continue to do it.

Senna had flair, more personality and that ability to surprise and shock people with his driving. Schumacher was a perfectionist who spent as much time learning about the functionality of cars as he did driving them, perfecting each lap inch by inch and tuning his car even during a race.

As with any hero or star, if you die young you always get remembered well and in a 'what could they have achieved?' way (Cobain, Phoenix, Monroe, Ledger etc) but Senna was mesmerizing from what I saw of him.

I never liked Schumacher that much, such was the ridiculous advantage Ferrari had over the rest of the field during his latter years, but its impossible to argue that he was an astounding driver and perfectionist.

Also interesting to note that the stewards investigation into Raikkonen overtaking under yellow flags have been dropped, i wonder why!?!

apparently McLaren spoke to race control as it happened and they said it was fine. they said if race control has said it wasn't they would have asked Hamilton to do another re-take

dunno if that shows a bit of guilt from McLaren... or the complete ineptitude of Race Control/Stewards/FIA

Also interesting to note that the stewards investigation into Raikkonen overtaking under yellow flags have been dropped, i wonder why!?!

Because they were found to be yellow & red striped flags, not yellows. They were warning the leading cars about another which was rejoining the track after having spun off.

Because they were found to be yellow & red striped flags, not yellows. They were warning the leading cars about another which was rejoining the track after having spun off.

Yellow & Red Striped Flags are used when the track is slippery ie. Oil Spillage etc.

The Yellow would be used if there was a car returning to the track after spinning off.

If there was a slow car on the track ie. a very slow race car, incident vehicle etc. they would normally wave a White Flag

Hamilton Appeal thrown out today

McLaren's appeal against Lewis Hamilton's 25-second penalty in the Belgian Grand Prix has been ruled inadmissable.

Back