• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
The EU will guarantee a hard exit. We are essentially going to be made an example of.
May will want access to the free market....The EU will not budge on freedom of movement. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Speaking to those who know more than me....its gonna get a lot worse. Not scaremongering or falling for any BS.
I went to Portugal in June and got €1.29 to the pound. I believe that it's now €1.11 to the pound. All indicators are that trend will continue. The dollar too...miles.away from pre referendum levels. The minute we officially start brevity. ..The **** will really hit the fan.
Just a little thought would we as a nation be happy to go to the polls again to decide on the deal being offered by the EU and all the pros and cons of such deal.

The EU will guarantee a hard exit. We are essentially going to be made an example of.
May will want access to the free market....The EU will not budge on freedom of movement. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Speaking to those who know more than me....its gonna get a lot worse. Not scaremongering or falling for any BS.
I went to Portugal in June and got €1.29 to the pound. I believe that it's now €1.11 to the pound. All indicators are that trend will continue. The dollar too...miles.away from pre referendum levels. The minute we officially start brevity. ..The **** will really hit the fan.
Just a little thought would we as a nation be happy to go to the polls again to decide on the deal being offered by the EU and all the pros and cons of such deal.

(Some of) the big banks are poised to press the relocate from London button from early next year apparently.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37743700

There is a BIG issue, movement of labour is one thing; BUT free NHS care, schooling, housing, DSS, wage top up, deportation of criminals, & family allowance payments sent back to Eastern Europe for children who may or may not live etc are all bargaining and discussion areas that the EU has (with the part deal offered to Cammie) shown it has some understanding of.

Thought the EU had made it quite clear (the day after the refendum vote) that the deal on offer to Cameron had been withdrawn.

Nissan have announced that the next generation of the Quashqui will be built in the North East; and they were undecided, I take that as a sign that a global mega company IS willing to coninue investing in the UK .
Share prices are up and that indicates also that investors are "rating" UK businesses.
There is a lot of stuff going on and I DO question the impartiality of media, such as the very pro EU, BBC to be impartial and balanced in their reporting.

Thought the EU had made it quite clear (the day after the refendum vote) that the deal on offer to Cameron had been withdrawn.

Come come TUIB, I expect better from you!
That is like someone coming to view a car (for sale), possibly to buy it, and when they kick the tyres and say "nah, wrong colour" the vendor says "I wouldn't sell it to you anyway".

Come come TUIB, I expect better from you!
That is like someone coming to view a car (for sale), possibly to buy it, and when they kick the tyres and say "nah, wrong colour" the vendor says "I wouldn't sell it to you anyway"

"The EU had offered David Cameron a so-called "emergency brake" which would have allowed the UK to withhold social benefits to new immigrants".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit

Nissan have announced that the next generation of the Quashqui will be built in the North East; and they were undecided, I take that as a sign that a global mega company IS willing to coninue investing in the UK .
Share prices are up and that indicates also that investors are "rating" UK businesses.
There is a lot of stuff going on and I DO question the impartiality of media, such as the very pro EU, BBC to be impartial and balanced in their reporting.

I like many others are still not sure where to turn for information, facts or even a decent amount of transparency on the matter...This goes for pre referendum
Too. I thought the beeb were fairly balanced imo.
My wife works in the city for a large insurance company and the word from her bosses is business as usual. My question on nissan...is there business in the UK an EU deal or a UK Deal? ???

I like many others are still not sure where to turn for information, facts or even a decent amount of transparency on the matter...This goes for pre referendum
Too. I thought the beeb were fairly balanced imo.
My wife works in the city for a large insurance company and the word from her bosses is business as usual. My question on nissan...is there business in the UK an EU deal or a UK Deal? ???

UK deal, and 80% of their output from Sunderland is exported to the EU.
inidentally Nissen produce more cars in the UK than all the Italian car makers combined.

Ahhhh ok. So would it be fair to say a bad trade deal with the EU could be disasterous for exports from this country to the EU.

Yes, a "tariff" war on trade with the EU would not be good; however Nissen MUST be feeling that is unlikely for it to invest so much.
BUT then the UK is a net importer of cars, especially from Germany; SO in effect any tariff when applied IN as well as out of the UK would damage the EU prospectively more than the UK.
And a lower value exchange for the £ makes exports cheaper etc...............but lots of components are made in many countries,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so it is really just logical guessing by Nissen but in a positive way.

It's more a sign that the pound is 20% down, so any sterling based investment is now cheap for foreign investors.

I was talking to a real estate lawyer (actually the guy that drew up the agreement between Delancey and Ron Martin when they invested in SUFC Ltd all those years ago) who was saying that most of his business now is foreigners buying up huge amounts of property in the UK.

Imagine the feeling across the EU as a single region of one member state blocks a trade deal that's been at least seven years in the making. Thanks heavens the UK will soon be free from such madness.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-eu-ultimatum-canada-trade-deal-ceta-wallonia

A French speaking area? on the weekend of an EU conference? when Junker and Hollande want to provoke May and the UK by warning about hard brexit and getting trade deals done etc? coincidence or just timely more project fear?

Imagine the feeling across the EU as a single region of one member state blocks a trade deal that's been at least seven years in the making. Thanks heavens the UK will soon be free from such madness.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-eu-ultimatum-canada-trade-deal-ceta-wallonia

Or just think how difficult it will be for us to get a deal with the EU. This was 7 years in the making and it took one group in one country to delay it. The same could happen to us when we're negotiating with the EU, and we only have 2 years before we leave. We could well be left high and dry.

Or just think how difficult it will be for us to get a deal with the EU. This was 7 years in the making and it took one group in one country to delay it. The same could happen to us when we're negotiating with the EU, and we only have 2 years before we leave. We could well be left high and dry.

In this scenario the EU would also be leaving themselves "high and dry". Trading without a formal deal for a period is a small price to pay for a future where our decisions can be taken in the best interests of the UK and not hindered by the likes of the Walloons.

A French speaking area? on the weekend of an EU conference? when Junker and Hollande want to provoke May and the UK by warning about hard brexit and getting trade deals done etc? coincidence or just timely more project fear?

I don't think there needs to be a conspiracy theory to be against this trade deal. It remained secret for the great majority of its negociating time and only when it was signed were we allowed to see what it contained. It has similarities to TTIP, which has already been scuppered by the EU. For people who want to 'get their country back' it is strange to be so enthusiastic about this agreement. If much of the following is anywhere near the truth, perhaps we owe the walloons a big thank you?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...hen-you-need-to-know-about-ceta-a6671886.html

In this scenario the EU would also be leaving themselves "high and dry". Trading without a formal deal for a period is a small price to pay for a future where our decisions can be taken in the best interests of the UK and not hindered by the likes of the Walloons.

7 years and counting. Hell of a price...

I don't think there needs to be a conspiracy theory to be against this trade deal. It remained secret for the great majority of its negociating time and only when it was signed were we allowed to see what it contained. It has similarities to TTIP, which has already been scuppered by the EU. For people who want to 'get their country back' it is strange to be so enthusiastic about this agreement. If much of the following is anywhere near the truth, perhaps we owe the walloons a big thank you?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...hen-you-need-to-know-about-ceta-a6671886.html

Rubbish!! I want a Guardian link and a oneline comment from Patriot to confirm that CETA and TTIP are both wonderful and tickkity boo as its a Brussells led thing. Infact, I'm sure that the failure is actually down to us rather than a region of Belgium.

Back