• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are Zoners going to be wearing SUFC shirts, or scarfs, or neither?

I think this is an idea that we should decide on in advance, personally, I would be happy with colours however, Harry didn't wear them and borrowed a top of my son's for the Eggheads photo.

Are Zoners going to be wearing SUFC shirts, or scarfs, or neither?

I'll be wearing a suit but will be sure to have a Southend scarf or pin badge. Wearing a football shirt at a funeral doesn't feel quite right to me but that's entirely a matter of personal choice.

Hi guys, I saw your discussions about wearing SUFC shirts and/or scarfs, so I called Harry's aunt and uncle this evening and asked them what they thought.

They are both happy for anyone that wants to wear SUFC colours as a tribute to Harry to do so, so it is entirely up to you.

I have a favour to ask one of you. I will be wearing a suit to the funeral, but I would like to wear a Southend scarf at the service and when I am giving my eulogy, as a tribute to Harry (even though it goes against my grain to wear the scarf of another club!).

So if anyone has a spare scarf to lend me for the day, could you please search me out at the ground before the procession leaves? I intend to be there from around 10.00 am anyway (and I promise to look after it!!)

Hi guys, I saw your discussions about wearing SUFC shirts and/or scarfs, so I called Harry's aunt and uncle this evening and asked them what they thought.

They are both happy for anyone that wants to wear SUFC colours as a tribute to Harry to do so, so it is entirely up to you.

I have a favour to ask one of you. I will be wearing a suit to the funeral, but I would like to wear a Southend scarf at the service and when I am giving my eulogy, as a tribute to Harry (even though it goes against my grain to wear the scarf of another club!).

So if anyone has a spare scarf to lend me for the day, could you please search me out at the ground before the procession leaves? I intend to be there from around 10.00 am anyway (and I promise to look after it!!)

You can borrow mine Terry.

Sad to say I can't make it to say goodbye due to childcare issues. I'm sure H would understand, and I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow morning.

Had been holding back until the last minute for confirmation due to a Company visit, unfortunately I will be unable to be present tomorrow. I will of course be thinking of you all and saying a special prayer for Harry x.

Sorry can't make it....much to my dismay. But you'll all be in my thoughts, I'm sure it'll be a great send-off. Jaffa ansd Mel should be there. Harry was the Top Man!

Sorry can't make it....much to my dismay. But you'll all be in my thoughts, I'm sure it'll be a great send-off. Jaffa ansd Mel should be there. Harry was the Top Man!

Thats correct old mate. I saw Mel last week and he confirmed he will be in attendance. Spoke to jaffa who will also be going, as will Rick, Ozzie, and myself for starters.
Think we should start a post for our memories of Harry. My favourite one was when we invaded Gillingham 40 years ago, and hundreds of us kicked the gates down and stormed across the pitch before the ground had even opened. All of a sudden, half of Kents plod were behind us, and somehow we all scaled the 10-12ft wall, and got back out onto the street.
All except poor old Harry, who could'nt scale the wall, for one reason or another, and hid in the cubicle in the mens toilets for god knows how long!.

Thats correct old mate. I saw Mel last week and he confirmed he will be in attendance. Spoke to jaffa who will also be going, as will Rick, Ozzie, and myself for starters.
Think we should start a post for our memories of Harry. My favourite one was when we invaded Gillingham 40 years ago, and hundreds of us kicked the gates down and stormed across the pitch before the ground had even opened. All of a sudden, half of Kents plod were behind us, and somehow we all scaled the 10-12ft wall, and got back out onto the street.
All except poor old Harry, who could'nt scale the wall, for one reason or another, and hid in the cubicle in the mens toilets for god knows how long!.

Great idea, Tony. You reminded me of this > http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?63034-Origin-of-the-PAK/page16&highlight=game+stories, ie. H's account of that day.

Couldn't sleep very well last night - thinking of today and you lot all being there to say goodbye to him. Had a nice memory though of when he came to stay down here during the 2010 World Cup. We spent most of the week touring around in buses to various pubs in West Cornwall to watch the games. One lunchtime at The Ship in Porthleven, H bowled over an old boy who I know with his knowledge of cricket. My mate Bert was in rapture at H's stories - he'd never come across anyone who knew as much about cricket as he did. Then they started talking about their memories of Blues and Aldershot games as Bert is a 'Shots fan. It was great to watch and every time I saw H after he'd be asking how Bert was. Lovely stuff. We had a good old session in The Ship and then I started nodding off in The Harbour later that afternoon when Ivory Coast were playing Portugal.

So long, H - every time I think of you, you've got some cheeky wisecrack up your sleeve. My round next time.

Hope the day goes as well as it can good people.

Last edited:
If any picturs can be uploaded for those absent then that would be lovely,hope thereare many smiling faces there to celebrate a happy life.

Back