• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Has Ron gambled and lost with the future of SUFC??

palexander

Life President
Reading some of the threads coming out over the last 24 hours and the ongoing snippets we've been hearing, does anyone think that Ron - perhaps victim of circumstance more than anything - has played Russian Roulette with the clubs future and found the barrell was loaded?

Worrying rumours, hearsay and 'comments from good sources' - which all of course may be *****, but at the same time, there is no smoke without fire.

Perhaps the stadium was a step too far (sorry to my mate who may have been right all along on this!!). Perhaps we spent money we didnt have yet and now the stadium is not going to happen and we have no way to pay any debts back. Club has no player assets (doubt we'd actually get £300k for Grant and Moussa is not going to fetch much yet), no stadium (is that correct??) and hence nothing tangible to recover monies.

Are these trial players literally being used to fill up holes in the squad pre-season with no intention of signing them?

All of the above is NOT FACT and my own opinion on a possible situation. I think time is coming to seek out the FACTS from the top man himself...

I completely agree with your post; it is most definitely time for Ron to give us the facts of the situation. Sadly, as much as people feel Ron to be a transparent character, I think he deals with a lot of Southend United's affairs with a worrying level of opaqueness.

I would like a statement from Ron being completely blunt. I speak for myself and not all our fans but I'm not entirely sure how many of our supporters understand the jargon he comes out with most of the time.

I'd chill out if Ron would tell us whatever's going on. It's been a while since he said he would sort out the HMRC problems, he also said that we would be on site in the summer. These things haven't happened yet and it's getting worrying (mainly the HMRC).

Listen, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings shall we? No point in casting all sorts of aspertions until we know some facts and Ron's hardly going to be writing a blog if the court case is as significant as some seem to think. Let's be logical and rational shall we? It's a business, let the businessmen run it - they can let us know as much or as little as they want and we're lucky in the fact that they tell us an awful lot more than most clubs.

Listen, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings shall we? No point in casting all sorts of aspertions until we know some facts and Ron's hardly going to be writing a blog if the court case is as significant as some seem to think. Let's be logical and rational shall we? It's a business, let the businessmen run it - they can let us know as much or as little as they want and we're lucky in the fact that they tell us an awful lot more than most clubs.
Logical and rational is realising that a winding up petition, and in turn winding up order, could be the end of the company which owns the share entitling the club to play in league football.

Logical and rational is realising that a winding up petition, and in turn winding up order, could be the end of the company which owns the share entitling the club to play in league football.

Do we really think the club would be out playing a game tonight if this was really likely to be happening tomorrow? It's inconceivable that Tilly would be out there, grafting and trying to assess triallists if he knew we were about to go to the wall. It's also inconceivable that he would know nothing about this if it were the case.

That's on a par with saying "let the politicians run the country'. Fat lot of good that's doing.

Do we really think the club would be out playing a game tonight if this was really likely to be happening tomorrow? It's inconceivable that Tilly would be out there, grafting and trying to assess triallists if he knew we were about to go to the wall. It's also inconceivable that he would know nothing about this if it were the case.
The above action (if proceeding from petition to order) would likely result in administrators being appointed, offering the assets of the club to any interested parties. Ron Martin PLC might buy the shares for a few pence in the pound, shafting both the tax man and local creditors, and the club will end up with at least a ten point deduction, more if any impropriety is found.

HMRC wouldn't take it to court for fun and then say "we're only joking". They are taking it to court (with the relevant expense etc) in order to achieve a winding up order or payment, which clearly hadn't been forthcoming before (or the expense of the petition would have been alleviated).

I bow to your superior knowledge of the system, but I still think we'd do better to wait and see before assuming the worst.

But of course, logical and rational is concluding that "they are playing tonight so nothing is wrong". Have you not heard of double glazing companies (no names mentioned) going bust? They hardly say "lets not sell any more double glazing because we might go out of business".

I bow to your superior knowledge of the system, but I still think we'd do better to wait and see before assuming the worst.
The worst is that we are closed down due to the administrators or creditors (HMRC) refusing an offer - fingers crossed that won't happen, and is a very unlikely scenario.

That's on a par with saying "let the politicians run the country'. Fat lot of good that's doing.

Perhaps OBL should have said "Its a business let the business men who own it, run it."

I think everyone needs to chill out a little and wait to see what happens tomorrow. There's nothing we can do at this stage, we all know f**k all about what has and hasn't happened behind the scene so it seems a bit pointless speculating. In 24 hours time we should know much more.

Back