• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trouble is your posts are mainly defending what I see as the indefensible. You appear to be chief propaganda man for Mr Martin. You say something that looks wrong to me I'll put my view. I try not to "bite" but I just can't help it. Not that dissimilar to the way you jumped in every time ElstreeBlue made a reasonable comment.

I'd love to see how my recent posts could be seen as defending RM's actions, but each to their own I guess... And the comments towards Elstree, I think you'll find, are often questions about the consortium, as I'm genuinely interested into hearing what they can offer before pledging support either way.

I've just seen how many posts you've made. That's a hell of a lot I've missed ... I'd better get cracking on some of those others.

Good, I look forward to ignoring your message.

Maybe he is in his bunker frightened to face the folk from Morecambe on Saturday, remember his remarks about them at the end of last season?? !! Don't think they will need geeing up for this game.

Sorry, just seen another thread regarding this!

Maybe we should all just be quiet for another few months until OUR chairman decides he wants to share some news. I thought as fans and as paying customers which is the lifeblood of the club that we entitled to know where we stand regarding certain issues.

Proffessional football is a spectator sport and we are the spectators. Without us there is no football club and without Ron martin or a chairman there is no football club. So rather than him acting solo agent how about he shows us some respect.

I seem to remember he needed us to fly car flags and stickers and march on route to the civic centre and now we are nothing more than an annoyance.

All i ask that we are not lied to or belittled and in return we keep the peace support the team and the club.

Tommy, have you considered/tried getting answers to your questions from Ron Martin himself?

Unless he's got firm, 100% confirmed news then I for one hope he doesn't make any public statements simply because I don't think they do any good. But if I wanted to know something I'd pick up the phone or drop him an email.

Tommy, have you considered/tried getting answers to your questions from Ron Martin himself?

Unless he's got firm, 100% confirmed news then I for one hope he doesn't make any public statements simply because I don't think they do any good. But if I wanted to know something I'd pick up the phone or drop him an email.

Dropped an email some time back and never got a response.

A mate also bumped into him a while back just as probems were surfacing and asked him directly about rumours of players not being paid and that we were in real trouble and was told the players will always be paid and there is nothing to be alarmed about and we will be on site in the coming months.

That was a good few months back.

About 6 months later and look were we are!

So with his track record when he does say things I'm surprised that people are looking for him to say more things. Just leave him be. Things have to come to a head in the next twelve months anyway as the planning permission runs out.

some of us bumped into him at Watford Gap Services on the way back from Bradford........despite looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights, he actually stopped and had a chat with us. He said that the tender process had to start over and that we would definately be on site in November....well, we have heard it all before but I for one am not getting too concerned until December and then I will start to panic!!!!! After all, he paid the players last season up to Christmas!!!

That's the crux of the argument, though. He's kept us informed in the past, and the "information" is labelled a complete lie or spin.
I've just had a pan through the OS statements, blogs etc & I'm struggling to find much in the last 18 months or so that didn't turn out to be inaccurate or simply attaching blame elsewhere. Just out of interest can you, and I really would hope you will be able to, point me in the direction of some positive things Ron said that were actually borne out by later events? :unsure:

And if he came out waving one of those "Believe" banners, shouting "It's all good in the hood, we're financially secure for the time being and building should start any day now," would you believe him? As I said in the other thread about the stadium, I think it's pretty clear that RM has learnt from making idle promises that, when he can't keep them, come back to bite him in the arse and has refrained from the blogs until there's something cast iron and meaningful to announce.

And I think the general noises from the squad would indicate that they believe they can be successful in this division.

Around June if there's still bugger all happening, what with the deadline being July.

Whilst the official deadline for the planning permission is June 30th (i think?). In reality it's earlier than that because to satisfy the conditions, significant work on the development has to have been completed before this deadline. This is put in place to stop developers just clearing the land on the last day of the planning permission & then not starting the actual building work.

If it takes 3-4 weeks just to put the site fencing, clear the site and get the site surveyed, it must be at least another 4-6 weeks for any significant work to be completed.

The real deadline is probably around the end of April. Still I see someone spoke to RM & he stated we would be on site by November, so all is o.k.!

Whilst the official deadline for the planning permission is June 30th (i think?). In reality it's earlier than that because to satisfy the conditions, significant work on the development has to have been completed before this deadline. This is put in place to stop developers just clearing the land on the last day of the planning permission & then not starting the actual building work.

If it takes 3-4 weeks just to put the site fencing, clear the site and get the site surveyed, it must be at least another 4-6 weeks for any significant work to be completed.

The real deadline is probably around the end of April. Still I see someone spoke to RM & he stated we would be on site by November, so all is o.k.!

I would like to know what the hold up is. I thought we were told funds were in place etc. It doesnt take months to find a contractor. Its not as if there is a shortage of workers at the mo.

Just think this whole venture will be an epic fail

Rot in putridness?

Don't be silly.

It stands for 'Ron is Pingu'

The big clue being re the poor clarity of speech and lack of any substance spoken.

Pingu though had to ditch the image after a Club Xmas party around seven years ago after Sammy the Shrimp took a bit of a shine to him and wouldn't leave him alone. It was at that stage that he visited a joke shop and hired out the current disguise, but the mask is starting to fade so I thought I'd revaeal his true ID.

The secret's out now.

Therer are now just two big questions left to answer now this has been revealed:

1. Will Sainsbury's still agree to major on PIngu in their next advertising campaign (Oliver was getting tired and Pingu was cheaper anyway)?

2. What will Sammy think? Seven years he has been in the wilderness, just using Elvis for weekend comfort. Will he be hurt, or will he be joyful that his lost love has now come out?

These are difficult times.

I've just had a pan through the OS statements, blogs etc & I'm struggling to find much in the last 18 months or so that didn't turn out to be inaccurate or simply attaching blame elsewhere. Just out of interest can you, and I really would hope you will be able to, point me in the direction of some positive things Ron said that were actually borne out by later events? :unsure:

My favourite was when he kept saying the tax man had got his sums wrong, and Southend would be claiming it back.

Back