• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SouthLondonShrimper

Youth Team
Not that I'm overly bothered but did anyone else see the heavy handed steward literally body slam a Gills fan back into the North Stand after they encroached the pitch after their equaliser?

iv read somewhere that one of the away fans took a bite into one of those stewards i think there was four taken away and three were put into the police hands

To be fair they needed to be handled heavily as the four lads in question were having a right go at the stewards, throwing punches etc . A bit odd considering it all happened after the equaliser

Considering the problems that happened during the Colchester game its really no surprise that the stewarding at the next flashpoint game was going to be very authoritarian.

Couldn't quite see why they decided to try and get on the pitch after an equaliser, it was hardly a last minute winner. From the East stand it looked like they had the hump with the young steward. Obviously they were a bit thick, bu putting a fan back in stand is better for that fan than being turfed out for the original offence of encroaching onto the pitch.

Funnily enough we were saying in the first half how well behaved they were, all sitting nicely in their seats:winking:, the pyro apart, of course....:facepalm:But noticed that the police camera man was down the front of X block and was taking great interest in those on the North Bank.

Did hear that at least one of our stewards received a punch to the head from one of those being led away; banning order now, no doubt, on the way.

In the meantime, W block was surrounded by our usual seven stewards.......

Jay Page finally getting sat on his arse was the highlight of my day, I wouldn't have cared if we'd lost after seeing that.

Saw that a couple police got involved in turfing them out, one of them, a police woman I think, was shoved into the back of the goal net by the fans so there will probably be an assault on police charge being thrown in too.

Scott, what has he done to upset you ?

Bloke's a snake mate. Was pressured into giving Kavanagh and Jobson a name for that Luton smoke bomb last season and he was just guessing and chucking people under the bus who had nothing to do with it.

Stewards did look like they were getting a pounding. If only we had someone who could have got over and helped.:winking:

I didn't see anything "heavy handed", I saw physical assaults being made and consequent action taken.

Bloke's a snake mate. Was pressured into giving Kavanagh and Jobson a name for that Luton smoke bomb last season and he was just guessing and chucking people under the bus who had nothing to do with it.

They wouldn't just have taken any action on one person's say so. I am assuming someone you know had the finger pointed at them, which is why you have taken the stance you have recently. The stewards attract a lot of criticism yet, at the bottom of it, they are just doing their jobs.

They wouldn't just have taken any action on one person's say so. I am assuming someone you know had the finger pointed at them, which is why you have taken the stance you have recently. The stewards attract a lot of criticism yet, at the bottom of it, they are just doing their jobs.

This. Yes - just doing their job and what a crap job it must be some weeks when you have to put with some of the idiots/cretins/morons who come to the games. :'(

As for those who don't want to live by the rules of our society, I ask why they don't feck off somewhere else. There are plenty of other places in the world where they can find the "freedom" they seek to be "real men".

The answer of course is that they want to be protected by these same rules when anything bad happens to them. :facepalm:

Anybody who tries to enter the field of play irrespective of the circumstances (with the exception of emergency escape) deserve to be dealt with accordingly and can have no complaints. End of.

Anybody who tries to enter the field of play irrespective of the circumstances (with the exception of emergency escape) deserve to be dealt with accordingly and can have no complaints. End of.
I wish there was power to shoot such idiots. Perhaps he was lost:unsure:

Back