• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
Thought I would post this up as I feel it is in aid of a really good cause, even if it appears on the Col Ewe site.

Colchester United announced that they will be holding the "Game of History" Celebrity v Army football match on Sunday November 2

The people behind the celebrity Soccer Six football tournaments are staging this star studded match to raise money and awareness for Help For Heroes, the Army Benevolent Fund, the Colchester Mayors Charity and the British Legion.

A big name team of celebs will be lacing up their boots for the causes against a team of army players for a fame packed match. Previous Game of History matches have taken place in Florence and Derry where the like of Rod Stewart, Mick Hucknall, Gazza, Lee Sharpe, Tony Hadley, Paul Young and Paolo Di Canio have taken part. Soccer Six previous participants reads like a who's who and has been staged at grounds including Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Newcastle, Fulham, West Ham, Birmingham, Aston Villa and Reading.

The Game of History at Colchester United's brand new Weston Homes Community stadium will also feature a celeb ladies v Army ladies six a side games and a show by the Red Devils. Colonel Phillips from Colchester Garrison told his Soccer Match is yet another demonstration of the strength of support the civic, civil and business communities of Colchester afford to HM Forces and particularly to 16 Air Assault Brigade currently deployed in Afghanistan.

"On behalf of all Troops Colchester Garrison and the Veterans, we are most grateful to the organisers, Colchester United, Colchester Borough Council and the many other contributors for their enthusiastic support. "This will be a competitive event in the best spirit of sportsmanship, not to be missed, and will directly benefit most deserving causes.

Tickets are priced just £8 adults, £5 juniors (under 12) and £7 veterans and OAPs, with family tickets available at £25 for two adults and two juniors (under 12) and will be available to purchase soon from:-

Ticketweb on 0844 847 2371 and online at http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/

From the Colchester United FC Ticket Office on 0871 226 2161 and online at http://www.cu-fc.com/

For more information go to http://www.soccer-six.com/ for more details!

Full Details

Let's see what J's feelings are about this! Can we all swallow our local pride and walk into that ground for this? I'd certainly like to think so, seems like a good idea to me, we can do this without being grateful to Col U surely!

Yes it should be a good family day out, a cheap way for you guys to take look at our new ground, before you come down and beat us in the league :'(

Seriously its obviously a very good cause, lets hope many thousands turn up and have a good day.

It would certainly be a good time to go and gloat* as its a mere 24hrs after the first "proper" derby of the season

* = fingers and toes crossed anyway !!!

Let's see what J's feelings are about this! Can we all swallow our local pride and walk into that ground for this? I'd certainly like to think so, seems like a good idea to me, we can do this without being grateful to Col U surely!

What do you think my feelings are, especially if you read my signature? I am also doing a charity event in aid of help for heroes, and it will be massive, i will be posting details soon...

PS - i will be going to this.

From what I understand, they will be selling stands in order, rather than selling wily nily. So you may well get to go in the 'away' end, depending on sales.

Tickets are on sale as of today :clap:

Back