• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

help needed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 05 2007,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh boy @ Jan. 05 2007,13:24)]so glad Gary Moore got a mention - as his legendary lack of
ability is a key childhood memory. Everything seemed to go over the bar always -

can you remember the fashion for long white coats - as per
Clockwork Orange - ?
Cue Uxbridge shrimper .....
Surely you mean cue yourself and canveyshrimper regaling us with the story of how he use to have to stand on a box?

I remember my dad taking me and my brother in the late 70's with Derrick Spence and Colin Morris. Then for some reason we al lstopped going until Richard Cadette started playing, including the promotion game against Stockport then we stopped again until David Webb became manager. During this spell I was going home and away every week including midweek to Newcastle (lost 4-2). I stopped regulary again when the home supporters were put in the south bank.
I have been to the Hall since but since my dad some 5 years ago I know only go to the odd away game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Jan. 05 2007,16:19)]For those of you old enough to remember the late 60's early 70's the Team We Call United is a must. In fact it's a must for any SUFC Supporter.

It has player profiles, match footage (home & away) plus loads more, filmed during the 67/68 season.

For further details click here.

dvd-300.jpg
wow thanks for advertising this....never knew it existed....have ordered my copy

Thats made my day

biggrin.gif

oh for the days of the old fenchurch street station, where a large gate was strung across the platforms, and then a black fella working for br, got off his stool, and shut the gate, whilst the trains departed, also what about the buffet bar at the back of the station, many an hour whiled away over tea and toast, thinking about trains.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TMWLT @ Jan. 05 2007,16:40)]oh for the days of the old fenchurch street station, where a large gate was strung across the platforms, and then a black fella working for br, got off his stool, and shut the gate, whilst the trains departed, also what about the buffet bar at the back of the station, many an hour whiled away over tea and toast, thinking about trains.
What smashing them up? I thought you liked trains?
smile.gif

I started to go in 1967-68 season, mainly to reserve games as u didnt have to pay then, I would go with a mate with our sandwiches and flash of tea, how sad is that. as soon as my son was old enough he has been coming along too that must be about 20 years too he is now 26

i wonder what memories everyone else has of being young, I for one hoped that world that I lived in would never change,
everyone knew each other, you could leave your back door open, when a coloured gentlemen walked down the street, you open your mouth in horror, as it was such a rare sight, the krays were still at large, and round my way, they were loved by everyone, and capital punishment was still the hanging in the balance, and local diddcoys sold pegs outside rootshall. aston villa coming on the pitch at halftime charing the length of the pitch, and still having a full head of hair

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 05 2007,16:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Jan. 05 2007,16:19)]For those of you old enough to remember the late 60's early 70's the Team We Call United is a must. In fact it's a must for any SUFC Supporter.

It has player profiles, match footage (home & away) plus loads more, filmed during the 67/68 season.

dvd-300.jpg
good plug
You know me, never one to miss out on an opportunity
laugh.gif

sh-t - i remember Villa on the pitch - and a few Chelsea running into the north bank before a pre-season friendly - or was it before a league cup tie -

AND Boreham Wood (I think with loads of arsenal) taking the North Bank - FA cup -

Gillingham was the local derby -

and going to Derby County for a FA cup tie with loads of on terrace aggro -

it wasn't all good, it wasn't all bad - it was just the way it was
getting out of QPR as the whole "Loft" came after us - including some very big black guys -

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TMWLT @ Jan. 05 2007,17:13)]i wonder what memories everyone else has of being young, I for one hoped that world that I lived in would never change,
everyone knew each other, you could leave your back door open, when a coloured gentlemen walked down the street, you open your mouth in horror, as it was such a rare sight, the krays were still at large, and round my way, they were loved by everyone, and capital punishment was still the hanging in the balance, and local diddcoys sold pegs outside rootshall. aston villa coming on the pitch at halftime charing the length of the pitch, and still having a full head of hair
Were The Krays running round Southend then? I thought it was the East End. Aren't you romanticizing The Krays? They were vicious criminals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 05 2007,17:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 05 2007,16:22)]
[b said:

dvd-300.jpg
good plug
You know me, never one to miss out on an opportunity  
laugh.gif
Out of interest how many copies have you sold so far ??

1000/2000 ??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 05 2007,16:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 05 2007,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh boy @ Jan. 05 2007,13:24)]so glad Gary Moore got a mention - as his legendary lack of
ability is a key childhood memory. Everything seemed to go over the bar always -

can you remember the fashion for long white coats - as per
Clockwork Orange - ?
Cue Uxbridge shrimper .....
Surely you mean cue yourself and canveyshrimper regaling us with the story of how he use to have to stand on a box?
I wondered how long it would take for that to come up
laugh.gif

meh lol!

ive supported southend for about 7 - 8 years so beat that muahahah! :P

My first season ticket was when we got promoted from league 2 ( however many thought we would get relagated that season so i was joining a 'bandwagon' of such.

Been going a couple of seasons before to the tuesdays games and the odd saturday when my dad would take me.

Have only missed one home match since getting season ticket and started to go a couple away games this year including Col ewe, spurs, Norwich and planning to go Ipwich and Southampton.

UP THE BLUES and gutted after today how could we not win it !!!

Back