• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi Everyone

stan collymore

Stanley Victor Collymore
Hi guys,

Long time no speak!

I'm as disturbed as all of you on here that the club is in the situation that it is.

Several years ago i spoke to Ron Martin and told him that if the club needed to use me in ANY way,i would make myself available for the sole benefit of the club,in whatever capacity they see fit.

Unfortunately the call never came but the offer still stands.

I am gutted that the club which gave me the biggest push early in my career has this hanging over it but i'm sure that the club will come out of it stronger and have a plan moving forward.

If Southend United need me,i am here.

All the very best

Stan Collymore
SUFC 1992-1993.

On behalf of everyone on the Zone I would like to thank you for your comments Stan, as we have just about 13 players what are you doing Friday night ? Do you fancy a stroll round Roots Hall again ?

Bring your boots on Friday Stan! Great to hear from you. Hopefully the club will pick up on this post and take you up on the offer if needs be

Hi Stan
Please give tilly a call and come and play !!!!

Please get in touch with Chelsea and tell Lee Sawyer to get on his knees and beg forgiveness and come back to us.

Seriously, great to see your name come up, there hasn't been much to smile at this week

Thanks Stan, very much appreciated indeed.

Perhaps a Friday night friendly. Shrimperzone FC v Stan Collymore Invitational 11 at Roots Hall. Can't see the club going for this personally but hey ho, I can dream. 11,000 sell out crowd guaranteed at £20.00 a pop, all proceeds going towards the fighting fund and bob's ya uncle, fanny's ya aunt..........£220.000 in the pot.

Cheers Stan!
The pitch at the Hall is looking good these days, or fancy keeping Joyce company on the bench on Friday?

Exciting moment. Great to hear from you. Fancy a game on friday, I'm sure you'll get one if you turn up with your boots ;)

I'm sure The Trust would like to use your services Stan, even if the club don't...

Always good to see Stan on Shrimperzone. Just a shame it's not in happier circumstances.

Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,15:02)]Here's the deal.At "some point in the next 12 months from today",i will play for SZFC in a home match,with one proviso....

That on the day,SZ will help me raise a few quid for the local kids hospital.Usually i do it up this way for Brum CH or Alder Hey but i will defo play,if we can make a few quid,deal?

I hereby sign a contract to play for SZFC within one calendar year from 17th October 2006 at Stade de Garos.One month before said match,SZ can publicise the arse out of the game,with the proviso that anyone who can be arsed to come and watch dig deep in their pockets for a local Southend(Essex)CH. Stan Collymore.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still waiting Stan:whistling:

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Long time no speak!

I'm as disturbed as all of you on here that the club is in the situation that it is.

Several years ago i spoke to Ron Martin and told him that if the club needed to use me in ANY way,i would make myself available for the sole benefit of the club,in whatever capacity they see fit.

Unfortunately the call never came but the offer still stands.

I am gutted that the club which gave me the biggest push early in my career has this hanging over it but i'm sure that the club will come out of it stronger and have a plan moving forward.

If Southend United need me,i am here.

All the very best

Stan Collymore
SUFC 1992-1993.

Stan - thanks for taking the time to log back on.

The biggest thing you can do (short of pulling a few million out of you arse) is to use your status in the football community to get this into the public domain, to tell your story of how your own career blossomed at "little old Southend" and let people know there is more than the Premier League and that we are one of many clubs who need their local community to get out and support their local team and make sure that 100+ years of history isnt lost because of the ease of watching premier league football from their sofa.....

That in my mind would be a great start.....

Last edited:
Thanks for getting in touch Stan. You know how much the SUFC fans love you and your offer is greatly appreciated by all.

Back